Thank you for releasing Legacy saves. It's been a good run.

Halcyon

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Eli said:

As much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, legacy PVE was also rife with people exploiting duplication methods. As much as PVP and PVE are "different beasts" the difference in game mode does not excuse cheating. This, along with the intent of having the new servers be a blank slate for new and old members, are some of the reasons why legacy PVE servers are their own cluster separate from the new ones.

From what I remember, when Jat made the official announcement, only PvP were going to be wiped/labeled as legacy because duping was definitely not spread on PvE as much as it was on PvP. Then PvE players started crying all over the place about how the current servers were for the most part caped and all the best spots were claimed and pillared so they have been added to the process. And now check the state of the new PvE servers, from what I heard/readed on these forums they are worst than what the previous ones used to be so I'm pretty sure all the crybabies regret their whinings. :)

Anyways, is there any info when the saves will drops? I'm personally only feeding and resetting timers for the past couple months waiting to have the saves so I can finally kill everything and move on to my own servers because while the game is amazing, official servers are garbage and toxic. ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Eli said:

As much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, legacy PVE was also rife with people exploiting duplication methods. As much as PVP and PVE are "different beasts" the difference in game mode does not excuse cheating. This, along with the intent of having the new servers be a blank slate for new and old members, are some of the reasons why legacy PVE servers are their own cluster separate from the new ones.

You don't have to bear that bad news so just toss it aside and rest your back. It's PvE and therefore doesn't matter in the slightest if someone's duplicating since it only affects the cheater. If the admins hunted them down and banned them there'd be no applause or thank yous because it still wouldn't matter. That's how PvE works. If they were hacking and harassing people then we'd all be thankful but to suggest that making use of exploits and duplicating somehow was a problem for legitimate PvE players is quite funny. Any way a duplicator used to grief others is something a non-cheater could...duplicate...to grief others just as easily. Hehe.

As for blank slates, well I did experience a bit of schadenfreude while going through all the complaint threads concerning these "clean slate" servers. Pillars upon pillars upon pillars. Griefing, griefing, and more griefing. We kept warning them that what they were going to experience was not what they were hoping for but unfortunately they kept calling for clean slates. I even logged into a new server shortly after it came online to see what would happen. The chat and the chaos around me was pretty funny while at the same time I couldn't help but feel bad for all those upset people.

A better method for PvE would have been to simply put the clusters on a timer. After six months or so integrate the servers into the same cluster. Since it's PvE no one on a server with a cheater would probably even notice let alone care. All I'm seeing right now is complaints about duping in PvP. I haven't seen any complaints about it in PvE before we became legacy and I haven't seen it for the new PvE servers either.

Yes, I know you all will never change it to the better way. I know it's all set in stone. I'm not trying to convince anyone to fix the situation. I am merely pointing out that it was absolutely, positively unnecessary to condemn the old PvE servers. Even now we're getting HAPPY new players on our legacy PvE server. Unlike PvP if the players in PvE are happy with the environment in which they play then that's all that matters since it's Player vs Environment. :D

14 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

From what I remember, when Jat made the official announcement, only PvP were going to be wiped/labeled as legacy because duping was definitely not spread on PvE as much as it was on PvP. Then PvE players started crying all over the place about how the current servers were for the most part caped and all the best spots were claimed and pillared so they have been added to the process. And now check the state of the new PvE servers, from what I heard/readed on these forums they are worst than what the previous ones used to be so I'm pretty sure all the crybabies regret their whinings. :)

Anyways, is there any info when the saves will drops? I'm personally only feeding and resetting timers for the past couple months waiting to have the saves so I can finally kill everything and move on to my own servers because while the game is amazing, official servers are garbage and toxic. ;)

Yeah. Like I said in my other post, we kept warning them it'd be no different but they just wouldn't listen. They were just too hopeful for an impossibility. They're now capped, dupers are still in PvP and somewhat in PvE, etc.

I don't think they regret anything because they're right now creating threads complaining about exactly what they were complaining about in the old cluster. I guess it's time to create a new cluster so they can get a blank slate, right? ::wink::

• Wildcard Community
37 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

You don't have to bear that bad news so just toss it aside and rest your back. It's PvE and therefore doesn't matter in the slightest if someone's duplicating since it only affects the cheater. If the admins hunted them down and banned them there'd be no applause or thank yous because it still wouldn't matter. That's how PvE works. If they were hacking and harassing people then we'd all be thankful but to suggest that making use of exploits and duplicating somehow was a problem for legitimate PvE players is quite funny. Any way a duplicator used to grief others is something a non-cheater could...duplicate...to grief others just as easily. Hehe.

As for blank slates, well I did experience a bit of schadenfreude while going through all the complaint threads concerning these "clean slate" servers. Pillars upon pillars upon pillars. Griefing, griefing, and more griefing. We kept warning them that what they were going to experience was not what they were hoping for but unfortunately they kept calling for clean slates. I even logged into a new server shortly after it came online to see what would happen. The chat and the chaos around me was pretty funny while at the same time I couldn't help but feel bad for all those upset people.

A better method for PvE would have been to simply put the clusters on a timer. After six months or so integrate the servers into the same cluster. Since it's PvE no one on a server with a cheater would probably even notice let alone care. All I'm seeing right now is complaints about duping in PvP. I haven't seen any complaints about it in PvE before we became legacy and I haven't seen it for the new PvE servers either.

Yes, I know you all will never change it to the better way. I know it's all set in stone. I'm not trying to convince anyone to fix the situation. I am merely pointing out that it was absolutely, positively unnecessary to condemn the old PvE servers. Even now we're getting HAPPY new players on our legacy PvE server. Unlike PvP if the players in PvE are happy with the environment in which they play then that's all that matters since it's Player vs Environment. :D

That's where I would beg to differ. Exploiting is still exploiting regardless of the people it affects. To give arbitrary shades of gray that offers exceptions to cheating does not paint a good and orderly structure.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Eli said:

That's where I would beg to differ. Exploiting is still exploiting regardless of the people it affects. To give arbitrary shades of gray that offers exceptions to cheating does not paint a good and orderly structure.

Would you care if I tell you your neighbors have nice cars because they robbed a bank? Obviously not, because it doesn't "affect" you directly. Now what if I tell you the police is going to barricade the whole neighborhood including your house because of them would you call it fair because robbing is still robbing? This is basically what happened to PvE servers. Because someone somewhere decided to dupe a pink dodo all its neighbors, that were not affected and were just playing and enjoying the game legitimately, have been barricaded and locked into a separated cluster. On the other hand, on PvP, duping were affecting ALL players because dupers were using duped weapons and creatures to ruin the game for legitimate players. While I understand the reasoning behind, and the need for a fresh start, trying to say PvE was affected by duping as much as PvP just makes no sense to me.

16 minutes ago, Eli said:

Oh. It's black and white as far as I'm concerned as well but the innocent majority were punished along with the guilty minority. It was basically setting fire to a house in order to remove an old coffee stain from an old rug. Stains are bad but that's just going overboard.

• Wildcard Community
4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Would you care if I tell you your neighbors have nice cars because they robbed a bank? Obviously not, because it doesn't "affect" you directly.

I would. Theft is theft and if the statute of limitations has not passed then I am certain that the bank would wish to see justice done.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Eli said:

I would. Theft is theft and if the statute of limitations has not passed then I am certain that the bank would wish to see justice done.

The bank would still directly go after said thieves for justice without punishing you for living your life next to them. Anyways, this is going nowhere - so I'm out. ;)

Meh it is a nice narrative and all about cheating :). But the fact is that WC presented a game play model that they can not sustain. Too many servers, they can not pay for.

You can call that tinfoil all you like, but they opened how many servers and how many did they close? Besides not like they (WC) did not push for people to play on  private servers (that you pay for) for ages now. No one can come and tell me that with all the bugs in the game from very start (there are many but falling through ceilings and getting stuck in foundations is my personal pet one), but WC decides to close off legacy servers because of duping :). I am also fairly certain that on my old server no one duped. 

But that is still going to be closed. But keep going with that good thing WC :). Always fun to read your fairy tales.

Some of you in this post may not of seen it in last weeks community crunch, but they stated they will make active legacy server saves available in a week (pve atleast).

That way those of us only keeping stuff alive and timers reset till we get the save can take it to single player or unofficial.

They said this last saturday,while i doubt they will actually be here this week atleast they are on their way.

6 minutes ago, Sh4rk said:

I'm excited for the save drop. I want to take a break after nearly 2 years on official :P Not quitting, just need peace of mind. Too much maintenance to take care of alone.

My friends and I who have all done nearly everything ark has(huge metal bases with tek,raised wyverns and gigas etc) will be hosting it but changing a few settings.

Nothing too cheat mode but defintely easier.3x everything,no timers on dinos and bases,reduced spoilage,reduced dino consumption.All this so the game is less grindy and if RL gets busy you can not log on for a week or so if you choose and still have your stuff.

All of this and we will be our own support.

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

From what I remember, when Jat made the official announcement, only PvP were going to be wiped/labeled as legacy because duping was definitely not spread on PvE as much as it was on PvP.

I remember it like this too, I read the announcement to my tribemates in TS, and we were happy we'd be able to live on as always.

Later that day that part was gone. 

52 minutes ago, Sphere said:

I just need to figure out port forwarding, when I get some more time, and then I got servers online. Just need that save. Although if I want more than 5 servers, I do need to buy more ram. Anybody got a spare $500 AUD? xD

My Island and Rag server are already up and clustered.

looking forward to c4ing Yuki base ;)

On 30/10/2017 at 7:53 AM, HiImZech said:

for those wondering, they are releasing. does not mean they HAVE released.

they did promise this weekend tho.

I too met a lot of friends online. though some left me and deleted me from steam, our hardwork made me appreciate even the thatch walls in the base.

appreciate each and every dino, even dilos tamed at level 20 back when max dino level was 30. I still have a few of those left :P

Well to be honest, they did release them last time they killed a bunch...yep even those that were not killed, but yeah...I can finally kill it all. 

20 hours ago, edskelly said:

Some of you in this post may not of seen it in last weeks community crunch, but they stated they will make active legacy server saves available in a week (pve atleast).

That way those of us only keeping stuff alive and timers reset till we get the save can take it to single player or unofficial.

They said this last saturday,while i doubt they will actually be here this week atleast they are on their way.

Yes, I saw (at least) and I want to personally, deeply and profoundly, thank you for posing the question in the right forum at the right time - so that we got an answer. I can't begin to tell you how gratified some of us PVE'rs are!

48 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

I think once the files are released i wil drop al my items on the ground, burn all the dinos and fly my last fire wyvern into a giga and say goodbye to legacy. ??

I'm gonna drop the vaults and put all the dinos inside so they disappear after 7 days and the claim vultures can't get them.

@Eli do you have any information on when the save will be made and released?

• Wildcard Community
50 minutes ago, edskelly said:

I'm gonna drop the vaults and put all the dinos inside so they disappear after 7 days and the claim vultures can't get them.

@Eli do you have any information on when the save will be made and released?

At the moment, we don't have any information to disclose on a date for saves being released.

Archived