halloween 2017 event on unofficial servers?

• Wildcard Community
32 minutes ago, Osid said:

How do we remove this Halloween event now? I removed the -beta Halloween and restarted everything. we are still on 273.56 and the event is still happening. bats are spawning and loot crates are with skins. any suggestions?

To end the event first delete every folder within your SteamCMD folder. After that, delete the Engine and SteamApps folder from the server directory. Once that's done, delete the Binaries and Content from the Shootergame folder. Then run steamCMD.exe to re-download the files there, close once done and then just run the update file for the servers,  making sure -beta halloween is removed. Then use the commands destroywilddinos and forcerespawndinos and that should fix the issue of cave dinos out in the wild.

3 hours ago, Eli said:

To end the event first delete every folder within your SteamCMD folder. After that, delete the Engine and SteamApps folder from the server directory. Once that's done, delete the Binaries and Content from the Shootergame folder. Then run steamCMD.exe to re-download the files there, close once done and then just run the update file for the servers,  making sure -beta halloween is removed. Then use the commands destroywilddinos and forcerespawndinos and that should fix the issue of cave dinos out in the wild.

Thanks Eli.

If you have a direct line to WC, can you ask them for a simple on/off switch for events please.

This method is quite kludgy and prone to error :-(

3 hours ago, Eli said:

You are serious about this? In a way you say reinstall the server binaries from scratch. I am sorry but this is the most ****** way to do this. Previously the events were pain because of disappearing items which people worked hard for, but at least the event ended with normal update. 

Just saying that this might not be an option for a lot of server providers will not be able to do this.

6 hours ago, Eli said:

Eli, This procedure for the most part has worked. one problem I'm having is that the servers are ignoring our custom loot crate override. we are getting the default vanilla airdrops and the ones we put in the game.ini aren't happening. 

8 hours ago, Eli said:

I am glad we decided the event this year was not worth trying. Yikes.

I am NOT removing everything in SteamCMD. That is stupid. I have 7D2D servers and other things in there. No way in Hell. Bad advice. Also, wiping out everything in ShooterGame wipes your saves. No way. Just, no. I will wipe everything except my saves and my configuration files. I too thought the update would remove it after removing the beta parameter. This is stupid.

*UPDATE*

All you need to do is go into your Ark server folder and delete a few things. My server folder was "C:\Games\SteamCMD\steamapps\common\Ark Survival Evolved Dedicated Server". I deleted the Engine folder and all normal files in that folder. I then entered the ShooterGame folder and deleted everything there EXCEPT the Saved folder. This keeps your configurations and saves in-place. Now update and it downloads again. You will need to copy your mods back across to your server.

3 hours ago, Xenithar said:

I am NOT removing everything in SteamCMD. That is stupid. I have 7D2D servers and other things in there. No way in Hell. Bad advice. Also, wiping out everything in ShooterGame wipes your saves. No way. Just, no. I will wipe everything except my saves and my configuration files. I too thought the update would remove it after removing the beta parameter. This is stupid.

*UPDATE*

All you need to do is go into your Ark server folder and delete a few things. My server folder was "C:\Games\SteamCMD\steamapps\common\Ark Survival Evolved Dedicated Server". I deleted the Engine folder and all normal files in that folder. I then entered the ShooterGame folder and deleted everything there EXCEPT the Saved folder. This keeps your configurations and saves in-place. Now update and it downloads again. You will need to copy your mods back across to your server.

Eli said the same thing. Delete the steam apps folder. Why not its tiny and takes 30 seconds to re-download. He said in his post up top to only delete the content and bionaries which leaves the saved folder behind. I think you didn't fully read his post. It would have saved you hours.

I am on Host Havoc and was able to restore our server fairly easily with suggestions from here and a tech support from Host Havoc.

1. Stop your server 
  2. I changed appmanifest_376030.acf to appmanifest_376030.acf.old
  3.  Changed  libraryfolders.vdf to  libraryfolders.vdf.old
  4.  From the control Panel I clicked Validate Files
  5. Restart
  6.  Dino wipe with command (I do it in game to verify the dinos are gone)
  7. admincheat destroywilddinos
    1. From the Host Havoc Web Console -ForceRespawnDinos

That was all I had to do, and it worked. I did a full backup first and would recommend backing up your saved files. I hope it helps.

ark capture.PNG

What cache are you speaking of? I got rid of the Halloween event but my server won't upgrade beyond 273.56. I just tried the recommendation above about renaming the app manifests and that fixed it. I just deleted them and let it do all of my servers since I haven't validated many of them in ages anyway, but still, this is crazy. I wish they'd add a command-line parameter for each event, like the "-vday" event.

Archived