halloween 2017 event on unofficial servers?

• Wildcard Community
1 hour ago, StevenB said:

There is a beta branch called halloween, I updated my server to it, but only thing that seems to have changed is that the skins are available in the loot drops, days are still long and nights short. No "scary" dinos spawning out of caves either..

Day and night Cycles are tied to your server settings. You can mimic the cycles currently being used by following the instructions in this thread.

• Wildcard Community
6 minutes ago, Kerdil said:

That I know, but my server still seems to host 273.2 version. What I don't know is where should I put this "-beta halloween" line

It's a command line that you enter to your servers launch file (usually a batch file containing all sorts of launch related settings for your server).

Eli, maybe you should add this information to your topic How to enable Fear Evolved 2017 for unofficial servers. (PC)

if you use systemd to start ark , you have to edit /etc/systemd/system/ark-dedicated.service and chane following line from:

ExecStartPre=/home/steam/steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir /home/steam/servers/ark +app_update 376030 +quit

to 

ExecStartPre=/home/steam/steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir /home/steam/servers/ark +app_update 376030  -beta halloween +quit

then systemctl daemon-reload , edit ini files as mentioned in Eli topic and systemctl start ark-dedicated.service

• Wildcard Community
3 minutes ago, mmart said:

Eli, maybe you should add this information to your topic How to enable Fear Evolved 2017 for unofficial servers. (PC)

if you use systemd to start ark , you have to edit /etc/systemd/system/ark-dedicated.service and chane following line from:

ExecStartPre=/home/steam/steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir /home/steam/servers/ark +app_update 376030 +quit

to 

ExecStartPre=/home/steam/steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir /home/steam/servers/ark +app_update 376030  -beta halloween +quit

then systemctl daemon-reload , edit ini files as mentioned in Eli topic and systemctl start ark-dedicated.service

I will append this to the sticky. Thank you!

• Wildcard Community
2 hours ago, Xenithar said:

OK, so I just updated as normal and got nothing. Still 273.2 on Island, Center, and SE. You're saying I need to update and use that switch with the update parameters?

I've made a sticky thread in general discussion that should offer a little more detail on how to set up your unofficial server for the event.

Archived