Aberration questions and concerns

aggravating

As the title says i have some questions and concerns about aberration.

First off i would like to know if any of the new creatures or items like the wing suit or climbing picks  are going to be transferable to other servers. I know it has been said that the aberrations variant glowing dinos wont be.

Charge. It has been said charge is a big part of aberration and from what i have seen there is charge nodes that u place an extractor of sorts to get it.  Does this work the same way as an oil pump where people can lock it and no one else can get any? Is there other ways to get charge? If you cant have access to these charge nodes will players have a bad time in aberration?

Finally my biggest concern this is more for pve official pint of view. As we all know aberration is mainly a big cave system is there anything in place to stop people from building a wall from ground to the cave ceiling to block pathways and stop players from getting huge parts of the map?

Sorry if this is hard to read im not great with words.

• Wildcard Community
2 hours ago, aggravating said:

As the title says i have some questions and concerns about aberration.

First off i would like to know if any of the new creatures or items like the wing suit or climbing picks  are going to be transferable to other servers. I know it has been said that the aberrations variant glowing dinos wont be.

Charge. It has been said charge is a big part of aberration and from what i have seen there is charge nodes that u place an extractor of sorts to get it.  Does this work the same way as an oil pump where people can lock it and no one else can get any? Is there other ways to get charge? If you cant have access to these charge nodes will players have a bad time in aberration?

Finally my biggest concern this is more for pve official pint of view. As we all know aberration is mainly a big cave system is there anything in place to stop people from building a wall from ground to the cave ceiling to block pathways and stop players from getting huge parts of the map?

Sorry if this is hard to read im not great with words.

Those are some very good questions, and I would love to answer these to help you with your curiosity.

Firstly, just as it was when Scorched Earth first launched, creatures and items cannot be transferred to Aberration, but you will be allowed to transfer creatures and items from Aberration.

Regarding charge, the terminals are stations that are not owned by players, but rather are built into the ARK itself, similar to the obelisks. This means that players will not be able to lock these to prevent access.

Finally, as the expansion is being worked on we are also taking balance and fairness into consideration.

1 minute ago, Eli said:

Those are some very good questions, and I would love to answer these to help you with your curiosity.

Firstly, just as it was when Scorched Earth first launched, creatures and items cannot be transferred to Aberration, but you will be allowed to transfer creatures and items from Aberration.

Regarding charge, the terminals are stations that are not owned by players, but rather are built into the ARK itself, similar to the obelisks. This means that players will not be able to lock these to prevent access.

Finally, as the expansion is being worked on we are also taking balance and fairness into consideration.

I would like to thank you for clearing that up for me  

1 hour ago, Eli said:

I can see all of those charge nodes being blocked off by tribes on PvE. (with having these as part of the terrain you are leaving them open for abuse, how much will it effect your gameplay if you are unable to access them at all?)

I assume we would have to take a character to Aberration to learn the new engrams then be able to transfer back to say Ragnarok and be able to craft them there?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/28/2017 at 10:34 PM, aggravating said:

You can get charge by filling batteries w/ glowbugs (like jugbugs on SE). Idk if u can get charge from charge nodes, I thought they were only for crafting element. I could be wrong though.

On 29/10/2017 at 7:45 AM, cfrostyscriv said:

I can see all of those charge nodes being blocked off by tribes on PvE. (with having these as part of the terrain you are leaving them open for abuse, how much will it effect your gameplay if you are unable to access them at all?)

I assume we would have to take a character to Aberration to learn the new engrams then be able to transfer back to say Ragnarok and be able to craft them there?

All the engrams (I think?) require Aberration specific mats to craft so you can't just learn them then go back to another map and make them, you'll need to farm the mats and transfer them if the server allows it.

Archived