Why are all the Early Access players being ignored

CyberAngel67

@Jatheish could you find out more information on this please!

From what I can tell, those of who have been in the Early Access program are being forced to re-buy the game if we want the new Rex, Trike and other new bionic skins. So far this really stinks. I heard that in Single Player and maybe private Dedi if you have the spawn code you can just spawn them in, so what about those of us who play on Official servers. Why should we who supported you right from the word go be treated like we don't exist and have to spend more money to have them?

While I am on the subject, Xbox users and possibly PlayStation users don't get any discount on the season pass, so if we purchased Scorched Earth, we are forced again to pay more for supporting your game.

Is this going to be the norm with Wildcard from now on? Makes me sick to the stomach that Wildcard continue to do this.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

From what I can tell, those of who have been in the Early Access program are being forced to re-buy the game if we want the new Rex, Trike and other new bionic skins. So far this really stinks. I heard that in Single Player and maybe private Dedi if you have the spawn code you can just spawn them in, so what about those of us who play on Official servers. Why should we who supported you right from the word go be treated like we don't exist and have to spend more money to have them?

While I am on the subject, Xbox users and possibly PlayStation users don't get any discount on the season pass, so if we purchased Scorched Earth, we are forced again to pay more for supporting your game.

Is this going to be the norm with Wildcard from now on? Makes me sick to the stomach that Wildcard continue to do this.

I play on Xbox. I got a $15 discount when I purchased the season pass (for already having scorched earth). As for the bionic skins, on Xbox you can buy them for 99 cents each in the Microsoft store under ark. (The right hand tweeted earlier this week about putting them in the store for Xbox and PS4). I don't know if you can get them for pc though. 

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

If you havn't figured it out yet, Wildcard slid away from customer care to money orientation.

29 minutes ago, KingGalahad said:

I play on Xbox. I got a $15 discount when I purchased the season pass (for already having scorched earth). As for the bionic skins, on Xbox you can buy them for 99 cents each in the Microsoft store under ark. (The right hand tweeted earlier this week about putting them in the store for Xbox and PS4). I don't know if you can get them for pc though. 

Unfortunatelly this are broken. Some PSN Stores have the discount, others not. Without discount, we are paying twice for SE. They are selling a season pass that include one old expansion. We aready bought the expansion, and then we are paying again for it. 

19 minutes ago, Domnicioz said:

If you havn't figured it out yet, Wildcard slid away from customer care to money orientation.

And again, you are right. 

Ps.: links for a few stores with the discount:

Britain: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/complete-your-ark-season-pass/cid=EP0688-CUSA06782_00-621211481465141

Portugal: https://store.playstation.com/#!/pt-pt/jogos/extras/complete-your-ark-season-pass/cid=EP0688-CUSA06782_00-6212114814651415

Italy: https://store.playstation.com/#!/it-it/giochi/oggetti di gioco aggiuntivi/complete-your-ark-season-pass/cid=EP0688-CUSA06782_00-6212114814651415

France: https://store.playstation.com/#!/fr-fr/jeux/extensions/complete-your-ark-season-pass/cid=EP0688-CUSA06782_00-6212114814651415

Spanish: https://store.playstation.com/#!/es-es/juego/complementos/complete-your-ark-season-pass/cid=EP0688-CUSA06782_00-6212114814651415

But, not in all. I havent it in Brazilian Store. It seems they dont care with costumers. Right @Jatheish @Jen? Please, give us some information about it...

44 minutes ago, KingGalahad said:

hmm, when I looked at the season pass there is no discount it is full price, can you tell me how you got the discount.

As for the Bionic Skins, I know I can buy them. The point is why should I be forced too. What, as any Early Access player did we get as a thank you, except a game that is still buggy!

• Administrator

We're looking into this at the moment, it should be live in all regions. Sony NA took longer than EU to set up because they're different branches of Sony and they each have their own rules, as well as processes in regards to the game and how things are published/set up on the market. The NA 'Complete Your Season Pass' discount was set up, and it is verified on the backend, however, it's not showing for some reason, so we've escalated the issue to Sony to see what's going on. As for Brazil, we're following up with the team to see why the discount isn't available there (though it'll likely be the same reason as normally they're one in the same).

2 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

hmm, when I looked at the season pass there is no discount it is full price, can you tell me how you got the discount.

As for the Bionic Skins, I know I can buy them. The point is why should I be forced too. What, as any Early Access player did we get as a thank you, except a game that is still buggy!

When I looked at the season pass it showed full price but when I went to pay it took into account the discount (this is xbox) not sure about PS4

We're looking into this at the moment, it should be live in all regions. Sony NA took longer than EU to set up because they're different branches of Sony and they each have their own rules, as well as processes in regards to the game and how things are published/set up on the market. The NA 'Complete Your Season Pass' discount was set up, and it is verified on the backend, however, it's not showing for some reason, so we've escalated the issue to Sony to see what's going on. As for Brazil, we're following up with the team to see why the discount isn't available there (though it'll likely be the same reason as normally they're one in the same).
What if we already bought SE, then went ahead and bought the season pass at full price? Do we get something in return for missing out on the discount we were supposed to get?

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

@Jatheish I am on Xbox, I can say for certain that the discount is not shown there either and while we have your attention why is the console not getting the 50% discount on the game and discount on pass like the PC is?

But you haven't answered the Bionic Skins either, why are we EA players being ignored, why do we have to pay for the new skins. Don't get me wrong, they are cheap, it just seems everyone else gets nifty things except the people who have been with you from the day dot.

2 hours ago, Jatheish said:

uhhh what about pc players? cool xbox and ps players get to buy the skins now, we weren't even offered the skins in the first place.

I've done nothing but support Wildcard, yet I feel like every time I turn around, they're slapping me in the face again. The fact that the people who supported Ark from the very beginning (pc gamers) only get a garbage saddle for a mount no one uses and a crappy hat, while the Johnny Come-Lately console players get amazing skins for mounts that are used well into the end game was bad enough, but heavily discounting the season pass before Aberration is even released is yet another slap in the face for people who are willing to buy into early support for Ark. It was bad enough I had already bought SE well before the existence of a season pass. Now I've got to watch as people get season passes for less than half what I paid for it before the content that inspired it has even been released, and a little over 6 weeks after the pass was initially released. I think I've finally learned my lesson with Wildcard, never buy anything before you know what you're getting into.

51 minutes ago, LittleRedReaper said:

I am really wondering why ps4 and xbox didn't get this 50% off sale either. 

I'm not.

4 hours ago, Jatheish said:

I bought the season pass on Xbox when there was no discount option, does this mean I am entitled to some money back since I already bought scorched earth? could you get MS to do a partial refund to those that bought scorched earth separately when it released?

Or am I just a early access sucker that helped improve and support the game but just gets ignored now.

STILL can not get the season pass helmet and sword skins even with Ark: Aberrant Pack installed.

31 minutes ago, Armitige said:

I've done nothing but support Wildcard, yet I feel like every time I turn around, they're slapping me in the face again. The fact that the people who supported Ark from the very beginning (pc gamers) only get a garbage saddle for a mount no one uses and a crappy hat, while the Johnny Come-Lately console players get amazing skins for mounts that are used well into the end game was bad enough, but heavily discounting the season pass before Aberration is even released is yet another slap in the face for people who are willing to buy into early support for Ark. It was bad enough I had already bought SE well before the existence of a season pass. Now I've got to watch as people get season passes for less than half what I paid for it before the content that inspired it has even been released, and a little over 6 weeks after the pass was initially released. I think I've finally learned my lesson with Wildcard, never buy anything before you know what you're getting into.

I'm not.

The way they are doing this is complete BS, everyone that bought season pass should now get a 50% refund due to the 2nd dlc not being out on time and thus we have paid extra yet not had any benefit from paying full price. I could understand if we maybe got to play the dlc a week or 2 before the 50% offer but us not being able to play it before reduction is on them and not us.

@Jatheish @Jen @Jeremy Stieglitz

Guest DJRone89
7 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

You got to play the game in its early state at a heavily discounted price. That’s your reward, not this entitled outlook that people appear to have with this game. If you don’t like that, then don’t buy into early access games!

11 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Um, I checked this out. Apparently if I buy the season pass, it reduces the price for me having already bought Scorced Earth. I would normally never pre-purchase a game. However considering that I am in a situation where I will be a server admin, and already have my Ryzen Threadripper build up, running, and ready, I might as well pre-purchase. At least it's not like ArenaNet. They made you buy the base game twice with Guild Wars 2, when the first expansion campaign came out. Then they released the original game for free to play. Yeah, feel that burn!

Guest DJRone89

The only reason anyone would be upset is due to the misinterpretation of how the bionic skins would be released. Please put your emotions aside and use some logic here.

The bionic skins were part of the retail pre-order deal when the full game launched. So in order to release those skins to the rest of the public, they can only be obtained through purchasing because it would have meant no incentive to buy the pre-order in the first place.

As for the season pass, who cares if one of the DLC was delayed? SE is already apart of it and available, and the last one isn’t due until spring 2018. How does the timing of DLC affect you paying for a season pass? As for the pricing, I think it’s great that you get a discount off for already owning SE because many other game companies wouldn’t give you anything back.

It just seems people are angry still because they think Wildcard owes them something for playing in early access, when it was your choice to buy it despite the big disclaimer waived in your face before purchasing it.

29 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

The only reason anyone would be upset is due to the misinterpretation of how the bionic skins would be released. Please put your emotions aside and use some logic here.

The bionic skins were part of the retail pre-order deal when the full game launched. So in order to release those skins to the rest of the public, they can only be obtained through purchasing because it would have meant no incentive to buy the pre-order in the first place.

As for the season pass, who cares if one of the DLC was delayed? SE is already apart of it and available, and the last one isn’t due until spring 2018. How does the timing of DLC affect you paying for a season pass? As for the pricing, I think it’s great that you get a discount off for already owning SE because many other game companies wouldn’t give you anything back.

It just seems people are angry still because they think Wildcard owes them something for playing in early access, when it was your choice to buy it despite the big disclaimer waived in your face before purchasing it.

For the skins, I can see where someone might be a little irked, not because a player who was in early access is "owed" anything, but because it seems the value of that initial purchase when it comes to special items was lost along the way.  I think everyone now has access to the formerly "exclusive" skins (such as they are) from early access. (And they were not very well received even back then. :P)

To take the situation to an absurd extreme, do you think anyone would complain if the game purchases were set up such that, each month new skins are released for new buyers. Those new buyers also get all the skins that were offered previous months, but anyone who bought in the previous months would have to repurchase the game to get the new items.

It is not an uncommon business practice to reward new customers with new shiny things, but it can cause resentment in current customers if those new items are percerived to have more inherent value than what they received. especially if the value or exclusiveness of the previous items has been lost.

For the Season Pass, the delay of the DLC would not matter so much except for the current sale.

Take the following scenario:

• A customer purchased Scorched Earth when it released a year ago
  • That customer then purchased the new Season Pass when it was offered earlier this year
  • Before that season pass has had any value to this customer (meaning, before any new content came of it in the form of the DLC), it was put on sale for new customers

Technically, Steam and Wildcard can say that the DLC was NOT a pre-order because Scorched Earth is included. But, at least to someone who already had SE, this is not a meaningful technicality. To this customer, the season pass was a pre-order for the remaining DLC and none of that was delivered before the season pass was discounted.

Now, I have not bought Scorched Earth or the Season Pass, but I can certainly understand where someone if coming from if he or she is upset by the situation.

Guest DJRone89
33 minutes ago, Tanek said:

For the skins, I can see where someone might be a little irked, not because a player who was in early access is "owed" anything, but because it seems the value of that initial purchase when it comes to special items was lost along the way.  I think everyone now has access to the formerly "exclusive" skins (such as they are) from early access. (And they were not very well received even back then. :P)

To take the situation to an absurd extreme, do you think anyone would complain if the game purchases were set up such that, each month new skins are released for new buyers. Those new buyers also get all the skins that were offered previous months, but anyone who bought in the previous months would have to repurchase the game to get the new items.

It is not an uncommon business practice to reward new customers with new shiny things, but it can cause resentment in current customers if those new items are percerived to have more inherent value than what they received. especially if the value or exclusiveness of the previous items has been lost.

For the Season Pass, the delay of the DLC would not matter so much except for the current sale.

Take the following scenario:

• A customer purchased Scorched Earth when it released a year ago
  • That customer then purchased the new Season Pass when it was offered earlier this year
  • Before that season pass has had any value to this customer (meaning, before any new content came of it in the form of the DLC), it was put on sale for new customers

Technically, Steam and Wildcard can say that the DLC was NOT a pre-order because Scorched Earth is included. But, at least to someone who already had SE, this is not a meaningful technicality. To this customer, the season pass was a pre-order for the remaining DLC and none of that was delivered before the season pass was discounted.

Now, I have not bought Scorched Earth or the Season Pass, but I can certainly understand where someone if coming from if he or she is upset by the situation.

Why would anyone get worked up about a steam sale when there are literally hundreds of them? If you buy something then a sale happens, tough poop.

11 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Why would anyone get worked up about a steam sale when there are literally hundreds of them? If you buy something then a sale happens, tough poop.

Its because what we bought has not been released yet, so some players have paid full price for a DLC that is yet to be released and others are paying half price for same said DLC.

17 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Agreed. If the product is delivered BEFORE the sale. I mean, I have had times where I buy something, then there is a surprise sale (not one of the scheduled seasonal sales) a week or so later. That's just bad timing on my part. It is one of the reasons I made a policy for myself to not buy a game I won't be able to play soon. Because as much as it sucks to have something go on sale after I buy it, it sucks even more if it goes on sale before I have had a chance to play it. :)

As an extension of that, if the game (or in this case, DLC) is not even released when it goes on sale, the player never had the opportunity to play it and all of a sudden the value is less.

So, had the DLC come out and THEN there was the sale, it would suck, and people might rightly call it a questionable move, but it would not be as bad as the current situation.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Tanek said:

Agreed. If the product is delivered BEFORE the sale. I mean, I have had times where I buy something, then there is a surprise sale (not one of the scheduled seasonal sales) a week or so later. That's just bad timing on my part. It is one of the reasons I made a policy for myself to not buy a game I won't be able to play soon. Because as much as it sucks to have something go on sale after I buy it, it sucks even more if it goes on sale before I have had a chance to play it. :)

As an extension of that, if the game (or in this case, DLC) is not even released when it goes on sale, the player never had the opportunity to play it and all of a sudden the value is less.

So, had the DLC come out and THEN there was the sale, it would suck, and people might rightly call it a questionable move, but it would not be as bad as the current situation.

If I’ll be honest, my stance on the whole matter would be different if the sale was available on all platforms but because it’s a Steam only, I’m going to end my part here.

No matter what way you look at it, buying something only for it to appear on sale shortly after sucks regardless of the situation.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, LittleRedReaper said:

No... just no...there is no continuity between platforms or prices. Some people have already paid full price for DLC some peogle are paying half, this is not about entitlement. This is a product. Period. This is a business. Full stop. If I ran a business and I charged my customers one price for a product that I have been promising, then didn't deliver it, but low and behold I discounted it before I even released this delayed product.. meaning I HAVE SET TWO PRICE POINTS. I would lose business. If Walmart put their milk on sale in one store and kept it full price in another, there would be hell to pay. 

There is NO entitlement. This game is out of early access and WC keeps dropping the ball on paying customers. I repeat and I will shout it from the rooftops so those of you in the back can hear. This game is out of early access. 

You act like sales have never taken place outside of Ark. It’s actually quite amusing

• Jerryn locked this topic
  • Jerryn unlocked this topic

Archived