Players refusing to play on Rag Map

jpcab

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017. 10. 29. at 6:38 PM, Liophina said:

It's not the devs fault don't blame rag for that. Every PvE server I have played on had massive lag. It's because of numerous factors, server hardware, mega bases, tame cap, ISP, crappy game engine, how many players are on at once, need I go on? Don't blame the devs for something is pretty much out of their control. They could fix it a little bit with new server hardware, smaller cluster sizes and possibly DX12 but any gains would most likely be short lived as more people build bigger bases.

The devs should add more new server. Like on a legacy server there is no lagg mostly becasue not many playing on them. They should delete the legacy servers and put new officals on them. Also the should put less server in one server pc. -Problem solved-

And it is happening...my tribe used to have 30 40 members strong, with always many players online and...we now are 2, 3 sometimes 4...everyone is running from the map..the lag is so incredible that ...some are quitting to play again on island...and unfortunately most are giving up of the game.

With this change of the turrets....well ppl got demotivated too..bases that were constructed  for the old system are now useless, they have to be destroyed and buid again on the most part..ppl invested hours and hours in the game for now..once more developers disrespected players.

The lag and this constant changes really made it.

It is done. The ones who still play..well it's hard for us. A beautiful map unplayable.

This is incompetence. Who authorized this is just unbelievable.

The simple fix to this is to limit solo players to 20-30 dinos a piece and when they join a tribe they add 20-30 dinos to the tribes tame pool when they leave they take from the tame pool. Before people start complaining if you need more then 30 dinos as a solo player you're  not playing the game right. This idea also forces tribes to recruit more often rather than being scared of being insided, which happens a lot less then people seem to think it does and if you have your tribe permissions set up right new people would have to earn higher ranks to access higher things.

We're on Official PvP Ragnarok, PS4, and it's the most laggiest map ever. Everything stopping for 10-20 seconds then rolling back, rubber-banding, disconnects, you name it. Every single day. Doesn't matter if 10, 30, or 60 players are online. Our friends are so fed up that they're leaving and going back to the Island. 

Ragnarok is such an awesome map but it's broken. There's even lots of under-mapping spots.

14 hours ago, Crows said:

We're on Official PvP Ragnarok, PS4, and it's the most laggiest map ever. Everything stopping for 10-20 seconds then rolling back, rubber-banding, disconnects, you name it. Every single day. Doesn't matter if 10, 30, or 60 players are online. Our friends are so fed up that they're leaving and going back to the Island. 

Ragnarok is such an awesome map but it's broken. There's even lots of under-mapping spots.

well if you guys dont report those undermapping spots we cant fix them ;) 
so please get us instructions where and how you can undermap so we can fix this 

5 hours ago, genie45 said:

I went on to the discord server, reported some issues, specifically the ice wyvern issue and the overspawning issue on murder snow and other parts of the snow biome, then some guys that were a bit high up in the ranks said that "There's nothing wrong with the map, it's working just fine".. Telling lies is part of the process too then?

Xbox One version haven't had any Ice Wyverns spawning in, and no eggs in the nests, period.. Eggs from the other wyverns in the trench tend to get stuck in mid-air (i had the poison wyvern eggs do it more than any other) and become unlootable, and to top if off, the overspawning issue on the snow biomes are too much. I counted 60 mammoths, 60 rhinos, and tons more of the other creatures in one area. I divebombed the place on my griff for a whole day to see if it made a difference but the spawns are completely broken.

You don't even need coordinates for it, as you can just fly over the entire snow biome above the trench, and see for yourself with the Xbox One build.

Then there's the texture issues with the map texture looking like it's made out of plastic, specifically around the castle area above viking bay, and some areas where the mesh itself gets distorted, but not just there.

I finaly gave up, as did everyone else who used to play on my server, and went on to play different games or back to the island map.

The map is an integrated part of the product as a whole on the Xbox One and PS4, as well.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:18 PM, genie45 said:

I just dont understand why going under the map isnt an insta death or return the play zone in 10,9,8 on all the maps. If thats something you guys can add without help from WC then it should be done, if not then WC need the hurry the bloody hell up and add this too the game. I think The Center has at least 1 kill zone under the floating island.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:09 AM, jpcab said:

Moderators do not move this to bug forum..this is not a bug.

Its a problem of the map its time to have the courage of discussing this. 

Lag is impressive, ping almost always at 150 to 250, players r leaving....

This map its not in conditions to play.

Why release something like this? In this state?

Its like this on a lot of servers, not just Rag.

I play Rag on PS4, on an unofficial PC Nitrado 10 slot server.  There is normally 2 to 4 of us on at any given time during the day and we still see lag mostly having to do with structures.  We have 2 massive bases, one in viking bay on the north west side of the bay and one near the wyvern trench on the highlands side.  Both get stutter lag when getting near.  Even the smaller player bases get lag when rendering in.  I've had a couple of oh crap moments leaving the wyvern trench with an egg and the game lags hard while pulling out of the trench with wyverns on my tail.  Other then that it's doable.  Love the map and the terrain.  The lag is the only downside to an otherwise amazing experience. 

On 3/12/2017 at 2:54 AM, devid20 said:

The devs should add more new server. Like on a legacy server there is no lagg mostly becasue not many playing on them. They should delete the legacy servers and put new officals on them. Also the should put less server in one server pc. -Problem solved-

1. More servers will means more room for those fanatic breeders looking for color and stats mutations, Is like give more drugs to adicts.

2. Less servers per machine was explained by the right hand already, is like all those cars with the driver only inside, not being efficient, because the hardware (CPU) can use only 2 core per map, the other cores will be there doing nothing, like empty seats on those cars.

On 11/1/2017 at 7:20 AM, Awakatanka said:

also unofficals have the lag spikes. how many players are on does have no effect. sometimes i hang in the air for a few minutes the suddenly it looks like it is gone and a few seconds later is disconnect me to relog. no buildings around mostly  some have the same problem as me at same time the other players have only rubberband.

played on a few unofficial servers and al the same problem

I run unofficial and get almost Zero lag on Rag.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:04 AM, IanHighlander said:

Think I must be the only one here that has no complaints. The difference I guess is that only two of us play on our two Ragnarok servers and they're on our local LAN on dedicated server hardware but we never see any lag, pings are always in single figures (again LAN explains this) and it's just an awesome map to play on.

Yes, because lag is related to server performance & the internet connection... You are a case subject proving it isn't the map.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:41 AM, Cookiedemon1004 said:

My PC server was running fine with Rag when I had it. We never reached more than 10 people on at a time but we still did some resource heavy stuff. While Rag does have it's stability issues, I think most of it is server hardware. In fact the only server I've ever actually had real stability issues with was an unofficial server hosted off of some guys XB1.

Again, proof it isn't the map.

On 11/26/2017 at 8:29 PM, AndrewLB said:

Try playing it in single player and you'll see the problem is not on the ragnarok developers, but on wildcard using garbage nitrado servers, running too many arks per box. 

Agree on Nitrado, but as @invincibleqc pointed out, it isn't the # of servers per box... It's the number of servers on the network... When a Host sells more servers then their network can handle, every server gets performance issues as the whole network gets overloaded.

This is a common problem with many server hosting companies & why choosing a server host is such a difficult process... Do they sell first upgrade later, or do it properly??? Often research can answer this, but sometimes the only option is to rent and see what happens... Nitrado however are known for this problem.

On 11/27/2017 at 2:17 AM, invincibleqc said:

Like explained by TheRightHand, running less servers per machine wouldn't change anything:

Let me put my two cents on it. 

The map runs amazing on my unofficial server. No rubber banding, getting 25 ping, having more FPS than ob Aberration. And I play on 4k Medium-high settings. Whatever got into your head trying to blame the map for being laggy is false.

Let me tell you what makes it lag:

- Nitrado Server Hardware
- Overload on Dino tames and building sizes

When I first started with ARK I rented a small server from Nitrado for 2 players (10 players max server). Within the first 10 minutes I was rubber banding all over the place, server crashing, etc. etc.

I've never cancelled a subscription so fast in my life. Ever since then I've seen Nitrado as a extremely bad host. I currently own a 15 player server and I don't have any issues running ANY map, not within 10 minutes, not after a few days.

As harsh as it sounds, Nitrado is a bad host, I don't know why they even partnered up with them because it sure as hell doesn't do the game good. Any OFFICIAL server I have seen or played on in the past has had performance issues, it doesn't matter what map it is.

Archived