Players refusing to play on Rag Map

jpcab

There are multiple reasons,

Old Hardware

ISP throttling

Your Network cable wear and tear over the years.

The Modem/ Router needs reset/replaced.

Your Computer Constantly processing other applications in the background (Anti Virus, Downloading updates).

Your systems Drivers out of date (Graphics or Chipset)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/29/2017 at 2:39 PM, BloodyHarvest said:

As harsh as it sounds, Nitrado is a bad host, I don't know why they even partnered up with them because it sure as hell doesn't do the game good.

Price and availability... WCS was a small start up going in with limited funds back then... Why they're still with Nitrado now, outside of a contract, I can't see any good reason.

14 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Price and availability... WCS was a small start up going in with limited funds back then... Why they're still with Nitrado now, outside of a contract, I can't see any good reason.

probably because it'd be a hard transition. not sure how it would work, but you'd have to transfer all the server data, all the player data, all the uploaded data, all that. then you have the issue of people not having there server in there favorites because Switching hosts would mean switching IPS, so you would need to either tell people the new IP of there server before it went down, or just switch them manually, which would take a lot of man power. then there's the issue of the fact that WC already established them as there "official partner". 

Funny our servers hosts have all the maps up and running and Ragnarok is always the fullest. Island you only see a handful of people doing bosses. Abberation had plenty of people but seems all moved back to Ragnarok for a steady base and rather transfer to the other maps.. I must add that most of the time I get under 30ms and our country have bad adsl lines. Ragnarok does lag more and definately way more DC's than the other maps. A few days ago I dced 9 times in 30min. The server re rolled twice the same night. That was probably the only time it happened.

The server had a wipe so when we started (re-started) the lag felt exactly the same as it does now with tons of bases everywhere. Our base is at viking bay and its not that bad. The rendering makes you lag but mainly fps due to the rendering of bases which is normal on a low end pc. Sometimes its stable. Other times its a dc festival.

On 1/15/2018 at 9:35 PM, Umber0010 said:

probably because it'd be a hard transition. not sure how it would work, but you'd have to transfer all the server data, all the player data, all the uploaded data, all that. then you have the issue of people not having there server in there favorites because Switching hosts would mean switching IPS, so you would need to either tell people the new IP of there server before it went down, or just switch them manually, which would take a lot of man power. then there's the issue of the fact that WC already established them as there "official partner". 

You're overestimating how hard a transition is. There's no  "manual switching" or IP changes... It's just take servers offline move drives to New provider, reboot... All the other details are covered in the initial server & hosting setup & negotiated before the move.

Like I said, only good reason is contract.

Fears have come true. PS4 PVE Official ragnarok servers are seeing huge lag spikes of 30-40 seconds now that the desert is open. Constant lag and small rubberbanding exist in between. We almost lost beta dragon last night because of the lag. We had five people on a party and all were seeing different things. Some said dragon landed, some saw it in the air, some said it was attacking rexes. It was pure craziness. Then we glitched for 40 seconds sure it was going to crash and lose 18 rexes. But thank god it pulled through. Only lost a few rexes to that lag episode, because the dragon can still attack when it’s lagged. 

I guess we will run dragon on the island for alpha, as it’s too unpredictable on ragnarok and the lag is constant. And that was with 25 people on the server. I couldn’t imagine a closer to full performance. I assume it would just crash. 

Will continue to refresh timers I suppose, but man it’s discouraging. Especially since the desert is 100% pillared already anyways, so I don’t even bother going there. 

19 minutes ago, flamron said:

Fears have come true. PS4 PVE Official ragnarok servers are seeing huge lag spikes of 30-40 seconds now that the desert is open. Constant lag and small rubberbanding exist in between. We almost lost beta dragon last night because of the lag. We had five people on a party and all were seeing different things. Some said dragon landed, some saw it in the air, some said it was attacking rexes. It was pure craziness. Then we glitched for 40 seconds sure it was going to crash and lose 18 rexes. But thank god it pulled through. Only lost a few rexes to that lag episode, because the dragon can still attack when it’s lagged. 

I guess we will run dragon on the island for alpha, as it’s too unpredictable on ragnarok and the lag is constant. And that was with 25 people on the server. I couldn’t imagine a closer to full performance. I assume it would just crash. 

Will continue to refresh timers I suppose, but man it’s discouraging. Especially since the desert is 100% pillared already anyways, so I don’t even bother going there. 

Well once that update hits Xbox I guarantee it's game over because those lagnarok servers are so bad right now you can't do anything in your base , not even open your inventory. I can't imagine after adding the desert 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived