Players refusing to play on Rag Map

jpcab

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the devs fault don't blame rag for that. Every PvE server I have played on had massive lag. It's because of numerous factors, server hardware, mega bases, tame cap, ISP, crappy game engine, how many players are on at once, need I go on? Don't blame the devs for something is pretty much out of their control. They could fix it a little bit with new server hardware, smaller cluster sizes and possibly DX12 but any gains would most likely be short lived as more people build bigger bases.

The Lag on Lagnarok is insane. Its not my net as everyone I speak to who plays on a Lagnarok server has the same issue and when I go to our Island server ping drops to about half and rubber banding is rare rather than every couple of mins.

How this got added to the official game in its current state I have no idea.

16 hours ago, Jamage007 said:

The Lag on Lagnarok is insane. Its not my net as everyone I speak to who plays on a Lagnarok server has the same issue and when I go to our Island server ping drops to about half and rubber banding is rare rather than every couple of mins.

Ragnarok is a sponsored map mod to boot, so this is something Wildcard needs to address with the map creators, as the map itself is an integrated part of the game on XB1 and PS4, and is broken AF.

So if someone wants to pull the old "The map is optional" argument, don't bother. That argument is moot, as the map is not optional on XB1 and PS4. It's a part of the product as a whole.

I have played at 5 AM  Noon, 5 PM and Midnight,  LAG is always there. Sometimes it is worse. But whether there is 12 people on or 70 it still lags. Lots of "stuter steps", rubber banding, and at least 2 complete disconnects a day during the weekend. 

I even live in a area where I am the only person around for a long ways. Only have 6 tames and 1 behemoth gate. 

So, not size of base, and not number of tames.

It really is a unplayable condition. At any given time you could loose your life or tame due to the lag or a DC. But alas I keep playing, love the game and i love the Rag Map. 

1 hour ago, MaHaBe said:

I have played at 5 AM  Noon, 5 PM and Midnight,  LAG is always there. Sometimes it is worse. But whether there is 12 people on or 70 it still lags. Lots of "stuter steps", rubber banding, and at least 2 complete disconnects a day during the weekend. 

I even live in a area where I am the only person around for a long ways. Only have 6 tames and 1 behemoth gate. 

So, not size of base, and not number of tames.

It really is a unplayable condition. At any given time you could loose your life or tame due to the lag or a DC. But alas I keep playing, love the game and i love the Rag Map. 

Yeah the game isnt better on this than 1,5 year ago, over last two days it became unplayable on our ragnarok server, 3 weeks ago we hit tamelimit, se server stalls 10-15 sec at  a time

23 hours ago, Jamage007 said:

Thats exactly my point. ..how Rag was added to the official game like this?

Its a disrespect .

For those who think that the Devs never bother to look at the forums or never address the issues posted, please refer here to this thread.

Devs are aware and are actively working on it. Obviously there are always and will always be naysayers who will not accept any response or answer, but for those who just want to see why things are the way they are you won't need to look any further.

For those naysayers who hate rag and think the map is junk, I recommend you transfer out and find a server that lives up to your expectations. Rag is a great map and I for one am thankful that we have it. I'll be glad when it's finished and I'll enjoy every new addition added to it.

For those who think that the Devs never bother to look at the forums or never address the issues posted, please refer here to this thread.
Devs are aware and are actively working on it. Obviously there are always and will always be naysayers who will not accept any response or answer, but for those who just want to see why things are the way they are you won't need to look any further.

For those naysayers who hate rag and think the map is junk, I recommend you transfer out and find a server that lives up to your expectations. Rag is a great map and I for one am thankful that we have it. I'll be glad when it's finished and I'll enjoy every new addition added to it.
I don't see many people complaining about the map itself (which is brilliant IMO). Vast majority seem to be on server stability (specifically the 30-90 second periodic lag spikes) and the increasing number of servers at tame limit.

Those complaints aren't because the map sucks. Quite the opposite. Those complaints are because those issue prohibit us being able to enjoy the wonderful map that was created.

also unofficals have the lag spikes. how many players are on does have no effect. sometimes i hang in the air for a few minutes the suddenly it looks like it is gone and a few seconds later is disconnect me to relog. no buildings around mostly  some have the same problem as me at same time the other players have only rubberband.

played on a few unofficial servers and al the same problem

Think I must be the only one here that has no complaints. The difference I guess is that only two of us play on our two Ragnarok servers and they're on our local LAN on dedicated server hardware but we never see any lag, pings are always in single figures (again LAN explains this) and it's just an awesome map to play on.

My PC server was running fine with Rag when I had it. We never reached more than 10 people on at a time but we still did some resource heavy stuff. While Rag does have it's stability issues, I think most of it is server hardware. In fact the only server I've ever actually had real stability issues with was an unofficial server hosted off of some guys XB1.

I play on a Official PVE server, we are not Dino Capped, but a good example of what we are seeing is:

Last night 50 people on, I was DC'd 3 times in 30 mins, and the rubberbanding/lag was so bad i hardly got anything done in the 30 mins I was able to play. 

Finally just gave up, Maybe the Halloween stuff is making it worse right now?? But what I had last night, was the norm on weekends.

I think there needs to be a way to predictively cache locations you frequent, such as your base.   I have a massive base and it takes about a minute or more to cache, I am going to and from the base all day long.  Cache the base and record changes, then layer in the changes.

Another option is to render the closest objects first, and not render items they obscure (or render them last when it won't matter).  That way people can't see inside your base when it's rendering.  Yes, I understand the need to render dino's and players in realtime.

Alpha tribes r too stupid to actually understand how many of each dinoes they need. Thus they make server lags... I am fine with 100-150 griffins, fine with 100 rexes, usually its nessessary... But they r fkn taming useless poop (for egggzzz of course) but in mad quantities, then, they have fkn 10000 dodo/scorpio/bronto eggs and wonders why servers is lagggin...

Stupidity.

Goes beyond just a ping issue. I checked out two pve and one pvp server. Both times I spawned near the coast of the jungle by blue. My ping was never past the threshold of 120 and usually stayed around 70. PVE was definitely worse, due to building and tame limits I'm sure. Still there were some issues with performance and terrain on both that I personally couldn't tolerate if they were consistent issues. I'm gonna host a boosted Rag PVE server when the Xbox update gets here. Already preordered right when Nitrado put the app up on Live. Hoping through some tweaks and limits to taming/building it will run a lot better. If not I'll pick up the break I was on from this game right where I left off. lol

Playing Single Player (offline) here, so I don't have a lot of these issues BUT what I have noticed is from day 1 every time the game goes to auto-save the game freezes up right before and throughout the duration. Then later on, now that I have a fairly large base (with perimeter walls) and 91 dinos (not even close to my cap) I am now lagging around my base (similar to how it lags on The Island map in the swamp when around numerous leeches).  And also having some game crashes around certain area's it seems (not near my base), seems to mostly occur around the small desert-like area with all the vultures (somewhat near Viking Bay iirc) and the jungle (no actual desert map on PS4 yet).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived