How to make pillars last?

Rancor

Where can I find out how exactly to get pillars to not despawn? Where are the official building rules so I don't lose half my pen before its finished again.

Seems like the ones that started off a snap point of a foundation are standing and the ones where the terrain was to uneven got deleted. I don't want to just build the same wall every night so does anyone know the specifics? 

On 10/28/2017 at 5:46 PM, Sh4rk said:

Any freestanding structure piece (except trough, boxes/vaults, etc) have the same decay timer as a single pillar. Just put ladders on each pillar or connect them together in some way and you'll be good.

On 10/28/2017 at 6:33 PM, raektor said:

attaching a lader or ceiling will greatly increase the despawn time, stone pillars is 12 hours if i am not mistakeing. Be awar though that ceilings will block spawns.

Yeah, that's what I really dislike about the newer mechanics. The blocking of resource spawns with in a HUGE radius. You used to be able to have pillar only base with a forge and smithy on top of just a pillars so nothing despawned around it! 

Will try the ladders and see if that will fix my problem. Thanks for the tips! 

1 hour ago, Rancor said:

Yeah, that's what I really dislike about the newer mechanics. The blocking of resource spawns with in a HUGE radius. You used to be able to have pillar only base with a forge and smithy on top of just a pillars so nothing despawned around it! 

Will try the ladders and see if that will fix my problem. Thanks for the tips! 

pillar/ladder will not block spawns

Archived