Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, Community Crunch 108 & ARK Digest 52!

Jen

I'm pretty disappointed in this event.. I work at an Elementary school and we have so much going on for Halloween that I have no time at all to play this game for the 48 hours it is available. You could not have run it the weekend before? You are really only going to run this event for the first half of a business week? At every turn you deliver inconvenient and disappointing news. 

• Sad 1

On 10/28/2017 at 12:06 PM, raydanjr said:

2 days of Halloween content is inexcusable.  And only during the work week as well?  How hard is it to flip the switch and make Fear Evolved or Fear Evolved 2 active again?  If you're too busy fixing Aberration to make something completely new that's understandable, but I've been looking forward to hunting the DodoRex and DodoWyvern for a long time.  At least add in the option to activate past events on single player and non-official servers.  All the content and code is already in the game.  Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Double posting because this guy knows what I am talking about!

In ARK Digest 52 is written, that they will provide savegames from all PVE legacy servers.

"Certainly, we’ll do a savedata drop of the current PvE legacies this next week, for all platforms."

the question arises now, what will happen to dinos and structures which are tribe owned in multiplayer, when we use that savegame for singleplayer-mode? will they be lost for all members of the tribe or will they be in each tribemember's singleplayer as well? or will we find only the dinos and structures in the singleplayergame which were before personally owned in the multiplayer game?

Edited by Udju

2 minutes ago, Udju said:

In ARK Digest 52 is written, that they will provide savegames from all PVE legacy servers.

"Certainly, we’ll do a savedata drop of the current PvE legacies this next week, for all platforms."

the question arises now, what will happen to dinos and structures which are now tribe owned, when we use that savegame for singleplayer-mode? will they be lost or will they be in each tribemember's singleplayer as well? or will each player find only the dinos and structures in his singleplayergame which he before owned personally in the multiplayer game?

In single player you can use commands to claim those dinos if you wish. You should be able to see them all in your SP game, obviously they will all appear as belonging to an enemy tribe. But if you use commands such as "cheat takealldino" while aiming at a dino or a tribe's structure, this will give you the ownership of all the dinos of the tribe you are aiming at.
Hope that helped!

20 hours ago, Sansa said:

So is it true that only official servers get the halloween event? that unofficials won't get it? 

Unofficial can run it. See below for a description of how its activated. There are a few other posts describing how its done. 

Edit your update file that runs SteamCMD
Find "app_update 376030 validate"
and add "-beta halloween" after the AppID so it looks like this

app_update 376030 -beta halloween validate

Optional:  To mimic the official server rates.

NightTimeSpeedScale=0.25
DayTimeSpeedScale=4.0

NEW Game.ini ShooterGameMode setting (which makes it colder):
BaseTemperatureMultiplier = 0.475

Run the server with -ForceRespawnDinos in the command line.

29 minutes ago, GP said:

It's not available on any platform for single player, not just Xbox.

Oh dear, that is even more saddening. I wonder why the SP´ers were excluded. I was really looking forward to the Halloween event. Maybe next year... Thank you kindly for your quick response, that was very nice of you.

Edited by UnluckyRose24

UPDATE THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST UPDATE FOR ARK SERVER RENT HAS BEEN WANTED FOREVER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT COMES AND I HAVE A SERVER ONLY 20 SLOTS FOR 30 DAYS BUT ITS A START...............IF INTERESTED IN PLAYING MY GT FOR XBOX IS TheGreatBigDawg

Edited by thegreatbigdawg