Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, Community Crunch 108 & ARK Digest 52!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Sfger said:

If you think events around Halloween in real life are only on the 31st you must not get out much. Most food chains have themed foods for the entire month, most Halloween only costume shops open the first week of October, and many networks have month long movie marathons just to name a few. Most games have content starting around the second or third week of October, and lasting until Halloween, or the week after.

I feel this clearly shows where their priorities lie regarding the base game vs DLC, I even foresaw something like this happening back in august and asked about it during one of their Q and As before the next DLC was even announced.

Those themed foods, etc. aren't the Halloween holiday though, just promotions centered around said holiday. It's nothing like Christmas where you have the entirety of advent leading up to it, or easter where you have lent that paves the way. It's the equivalent of doing your house spooky : a celebration of, but not the event at all.

On 28/10/2017 at 2:43 PM, rodbrandonbailey said:

Still no aberration release date??? REally??? Even after Twitch con??

This. Just the fact that Wildcard seems to think knowing a release date for their own content close to the end of what they announced is the month of release as "exciting news" without even giving us a date is ridiculous.

Why even bother to make an announcement like that expecting the community to take it as anything more than an insult to our intelligence. I mean, we all knew already that Aberration wouldn't be released in October, because Wildcard have a history serious issues with sticking to deadlines, and then not informing their community they're behind schedule, and won't be releasing promised content on time.

Why do they not just take their initial estimate, add 3 months to it, and then if they're able to deliver on time, or FSM forbid, early, everyone will be a lot happier. I guess that would mean receiving all that revenue later than they wanted it though. "Let's tell them October, get their cash, then release some time in January next year!" I'm really starting to empathise with all the Wildcard/Ark haters.

8 minutes ago, Zeekster said:

I am kind of a noob to this game. Started playing it on my stream and have had interest from people to set up a private server for us to play on. Is there a way to get the Halloween event to happen on Private servers also. Like some setting I need to do on my server? Or is it official servers only?

It will be activated directly via an update and switched off the same way :)

• Like 1

• Wildcard Community
9 minutes ago, Zeekster said:

I am kind of a noob to this game. Started playing it on my stream and have had interest from people to set up a private server for us to play on. Is there a way to get the Halloween event to happen on Private servers also. Like some setting I need to do on my server? Or is it official servers only?

Much like Fear Evolved events of the past years, this year's event will likely start automatically after an update for unofficial servers.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, xDarKStaRx616 said:

I'm pretty pumped for the Halloween event regardless of it only being 48hrs! Curious if there will be any new skins or Dino costumes. :dod-xmas:

I wouldn't expect anything new for this event unfortunately. The announcement states returning cosmetics so it is likely that it will be content that was in previous Fear Evolved events. Of course if you've never played a Fear Evolved event before then yes it will be new, but won't be "new new".

Edited by GP

• Volunteer Moderator
58 minutes ago, Darkprince388 said:

When will console get survival of the fittest?

It won't. Development of SotF ceased ages ago. It is no longer being worked on for any platform. There is a chance development could resume again in the future, but I doubt we'd see anything for a long time.

Yay, a space beaver, whatever was my life like before this monstrosity hit Ark? (Can you tell I'm being a tad sarcastic?)

When's Aberration out then? Go on give us a date, instead of releasing dossiers of up and coming space monkeys!!!!!! 

BTW wasn't this creature in Fallout 4? Mole-rat?

Big it up for Jangles the Moon-Monkey

Edited by F1nchyStryd3r

• Wildcard Community
Just now, SpecTimsauru5 said:

Well, it has a thickly armored hide on its back,

Has massive teeth for what must be a digging life-style,

And really small (almost atrophied) eyes

It must be a herbivorous creature for the surface that digs into the ground for safety. Descended from the Jerboa!? 

Given the sneak peak you see of it from the Aberration trailer, that Jerboa's descendants hit one mighty growth spurt!