Officials

DinoDash

I recently went on an official ragnarok server just to mess aroun (I usually play single player) and was reminded how terrible they are. The salty people, the lag, but worst of all the constant rubber Banding! How can anyone stand playing on official? I mean it seems that non dedicated sessions are way better, a lot less lag and you don’t have to worry about living in ark. Can anyone give a good defense for official servers?

Pve - meeting other people; teaming up for caves/bosses, inspiration from other peoples buildings, ever changing environment (bases being build/decaying, people changing tribes), trading, public forges, helping each other out with resources/crafting service/dinos/wild threats etc.

I hardly have bad experience on official servers. Only one time we had someone building so close we couldn't repair our walls, but they were gone weeks later.

Honestly, I've only ever played official servers for any game when I'm first getting into it. Once I decide I'm committed to a game I'll run my own. 

Servers are always way more fun when you can control who gets on and make it a real community.

Public servers are good for feeling a game out, battle Royal style games and mini games... That's pretty much it.

Played Official the first weeks of early access.
Too much salt clogged my computer, so I decided to run my own dedicated server to enjoy the game.
Can't stand the toxicity and mindless grind, so playing with the same difficulty settings as official, but higher rates for taming/breeding.
Expanded my server into a cluster when it was possible, and having a blast with my tribe for 2 years now.

Never going back to Official tbh.
They are overcrowded, toxic, whiney, crashing/rollbacks, dataloss.

80% of the poop people whine about on officials simply does not happen in my cluster.
Last time I had to reimburse someone for loosing dino's is over 4 months ago.

Officials are hard, anything can happen. The sense of danger is real. These are things I like. I have never played unofficials so I can't speak to them but it just seems that most of them are set up to make the game easier with boosted rates. I like fighting off trolls and having to deal with other tribes and cross server raiders. To me that's what makes all the grinding worth it. This is also why I could never play PVE. This is just my personal preference, not judging those that feel differently.

Going to unofficial was the best thing my tribe ever did. Official is literally impossible. If you think you’re the best, guess what, you’re not even close. You could be the best on your server and some other douche decides to transfer and next thing you know hours of hard work is down the drain. In unofficial, it’s just completely different. No lag, rules for servers are set in place so no trolling, and there are variety of options/settings to choose from. We all have lives (at least most of us) and I don’t have time to babysit a Wyvern for 8 hours, I have crap to do. But anyways, just my opinion. I once thought that once we got good on official it would be worth it and we would feel accomplished. But honestly, it is pretty much impossible to ever be the best on official servers.

Archived