Server Dino Cap Discussion

HeatherJo
Message added by Joebl0w13

This is the place to discuss the per server dino cap mechanic. It's platform independent, anybody can post here. Feel free to talk about your particular server but lists of capped servers will stay maintained in their proper platform subforums.

If people could form into larger tribes without worrying about insiding in PvE I bet it'd go a long way to avoiding hitting the server cap due to the tribe tame limits. Instead of all those new players being forced to play alone and creating their own dino collections they could just add to existing ones. Man, what ARK problems doesn't a tribe system overhaul solve?

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, shadowkyuubi said:

fine then turn dino cap off and let the servers end up where ever they end up

Ill explain what happened..

Our Legacy server had an issue which resulted in the WC staff coming onto the server (Jen, Jat, etc). During that time period they were there, they were amazed to find a single person/tribe had over 4000 tamed dinos alone. Let that sink in. It wasnt long after that inwhich the Tribe cap was implemented.

Leaving servers "end up where they may" is not a solution. You will have greedy, pointless dino hoarding while others are stuck with 10 dinos. A cap of some kind at least attempts to prevent that.

4 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

An official WC employee's solution was the "Whittle down your menageries". That was AN OFFICIAL WILDCARD EMPLOYEE. So this is where they stand.  THAT is how much they care. That is how many sh*ts are given to money you spent, your support and your thousands of hours. So, breathe that in and think about it. I have and I won't be purchasing ANYTHING else from WC. There is no easy solution, but you know what??? The devs could chime in and let the player base know they are thinking about it... they haven't.. 

Well, considering the server cap is there because of technological limitations (the servers cannot physically handle it), the only real solution is actually to whittle down your menageries until better hardware is financially and technologically viable.

Plus it's called PVE not 1000tamesVE. You know that Rex that was the start of your breeding line that hasn't moved in 3 months, just kill it already, what about those 50+ Kibble dinos you keep because you 'might wanna tame something one day' whilst you have 2-300 eggs in the fridge? Run bosses for fun knowing you will lose the raptor you thought would be fun to bring in (killing manticore in mid-flight was awesome). I lose tames daily seeing what they can do, tomorrow I'm launching bears across a map with a giant ramp, at least one will land in lava knowing my luck.

Your collection of male and female Pteras in every colour is impressive, but what fun things have you done with them lol. Go on a rainbow flight through the scar and see how many survive, would make a great vid ;)

All they need to do is let us craft a structure that acts as a "barn" where you can store all your idle dinos (as non-stressful data entries), and only have a couple active per player at a time.

Insert food, withdraw eggs, etc.

If the dinos are only being used for eggs or something similarly passive, there's no reason to require them to be present on the server at all in anything other than an entry on a barn UI.

Yes, you lose the whole "look at my menagerie!" thing: but that menagerie is the problem :P

I'm leaning towards a dino old age system combined with a kibble tree rework combined with smaller tribe tame limits including a personal tame limit...and capping tribe size to help this issue.... I don't think one singular fix is going to solve this issue !

Dino age needs to happen because we have births... and more births and more births... Deaths don't usually occur to breeding/egg layer dinos (excluding PvP) What would happen if we had natural old age dino deaths?  -- We would have a rotating stock of dinos. New dinos born, old dinos die - There would always be an opening to breed/tame a new dino as the old ones all over the server pass on. There would be a pressing need to pass good genes onto the next generation before the old ones die. ----  What would be a reasonable amount of time for old age dino death?  I don't think it should be a fixed number of days, but based on a number of variables (how healthy the dino is, food level, stamina, how regularly injured it gets, exposure to dino diseases multiplied by it's age, lets say one month is old as this is how long it takes roughly for a server to cap) Well looked after dinos could live longer, while abused/neglected dinos liver shorter lives...

I agree the kibble tree needs reworking -- less reliance on eggs, but not a complete removal of eggs either ! 

Reduce the tame limit per tribe is great - perhaps 300 ? , but it's not enough, it's too easy to get around by just splitting into smaller tribe alliances.

If there was a personal limit to the number of dinos , lets say 30 - that might help,  but solo players are screwed. - but on the other hand might encourage solo/small tribes to band together into larger groups to try and win the game (ascend)

If the max number of people in a tribe was reduced to say 10 with a max number of alliances reduced to 2 -- This may help also...  Larger tribes on average are able to support larger numbers of dinos. So less members in theory should only support less dinos (unless they grind harder of coarse!)

So while we appreciate the generous 4.5 taming, resources, breeding etc.  it really is quite POINTLESS, and Very Very frustrating as most of our servers are capped.  Once again this ompany really has No clue what’s really going on in their game.  It’s almost insulting at this point like rubbing salt in our wounds. Since cap we finally tidy got the server down where we can actually hatch an egg and now with event you flood the server once again with one day players.  Thanks so much this is defiantly not how you manage already capped and close to capped servers by throwing a useless 4.5 event that will cap our servers in minutes.  We would love these events if the proper things were actually being done to properly  accomadate these events.  How about working towards fixing issues so we can actually enjoy events like this?  Again thanks so much for once again makin our ark experience as difficult as possible.

To those few that can actually still tame and breed good luck at least you’ll benefit.  And at least these children will benefit by the fundraising. 

8 minutes ago, spicer1209 said:

I wish people would really stop bitchin about these evo events and just appreciate it

Appreciate what? The fact that our servers constantly crash,  rollback, lose Dino’s and gear randomly, and We can no longer tame or breed because of lack of server space, and so what is it exactly that we are suppose appreciate? The fact that WC has  no clue and throws out random useless events, knowing darn well that most of us can’t do a thing with it.  Yeah we should appreciate the fact that at least while we. Stay connected we can. Mine stone and wood at 4x yay,,,   Thanks so much!

The problem is that some people see it as an excuse to mass breed or tame things and others use it to tame that one dino that is otherwise a day long process.... People just need to rethink what they want and what they need. 

Like i didn't need to raise three dire bears and three rex's while my mates were out trying to find us some new wilds to tame but i sure wanted to hahaHAHAHAAA 

There's plenty of servers that haven't met the cap and plenty of people that can downsize their numbers. Try moving servers or politely asking your server to demolish rafts or kill half their dodos . 

11 minutes ago, spicer1209 said:

I also like to complain when people do me a favor ?

Again what favor exactly are they doing by producing an event that a lot of us cannot participate in?  While nothing is being done to actually fix the issues at hand so that events like this can actually be enjoyed by the vast majority of us?  Again what favor is this that you speak of!?

X5 or times whatever on tame cap let's keep donating for an event half the servers can't use kind of funny idc really I'm use to fighting around tame cap to hatch lol just seems like a pointless event or weekend for most big and older servers .

plus side we are def getting our mine craft on that's for sure lol

I tamed a 145 Otter last night and only has to kill two tames! usually there are so many Wyveern eggs down to hog slots no one can do anything.  I'd say rethink how many things tame on kibbles.  If Dodo does 10 dino types then no need for 6x kibble mate boosted females of each kind. Imprinting kibble should be also reduced.  Put a prime mutton type super tame meat into the mix to reduce relience on perfect tame kibble, only harvestable from a rare wild version

Addmitadley a server co-op kibble farm would solve a lot of issues, stop each big tribe having duplicate farms. How to share eggs being issue and a tribe looking after it / stopping egg theft

2 hours ago, HeatherJo said:

Again what favor exactly are they doing by producing an event that a lot of us cannot participate in?  While nothing is being done to actually fix the issues at hand so that events like this can actually be enjoyed by the vast majority of us?  Again what favor is this that you speak of!?

You can't farm during the event? :o Sure there are tons of un built castles out there for you to finish. 

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

RIP all official.. pretty much errthing capped except se and i think that is incomming. 

The list of non capped is lower than the capped. Making bonus event useless for breeding almost.

You mean all official PvE? Getting plenty of alerts things are hatching on my Official PvP Ragnarok server. 

On 3.11.2017 at 7:44 PM, MandaBear said:

I don't play pve, but do have a question based off of the other comments in this thread. Is there actually any solution other than causing a mass killing of dinos every so often through whatever means? If they rework the kibble and imprinting, everyone will fill it with more of (x) dinos. If they add more servers, those will fill as well.  If they lower tribe limit, everyone will split into multiple tribe alliances. If they lower the server tame limit, then that makes the problem worse. As bad as it sounds, unless the dinos start dying then all Wildcard will be doing is throwing more money to servers that will fill up again without fixing the core issue. I wonder if dino age on pve, like mentioned earlier, would work to give people more to work towards? 

Dino age is actually a good idea worth taking a look at. 

8 hours ago, spicer1209 said:

I wish people would really stop bitchin about these evo events and just appreciate it

Look at this guy. Capped server are an issue since 2015. Its a problem that long term players and WC are fully aware of. Nothing was done to resolve it. Nothing. These events ARE appreciated but do NOTHING to help the capped situation. In fact, it propagates it. No commentary or interaction with developers on whats being done to address this. Who in the hell wants to play a game where you cant even do whats advertised: tame/ride dinos?

Archived