Server Dino Cap Discussion

HeatherJo
Message added by Joebl0w13

This is the place to discuss the per server dino cap mechanic. It's platform independent, anybody can post here. Feel free to talk about your particular server but lists of capped servers will stay maintained in their proper platform subforums.

Hit server cap early by taming 200 dodos, you now control your own taming/breeding. I know people who have alt accounts with nothing but a box containing 300+ dodos on their server, knockout a tame or hatch an egg, kill a dodo.

Not a solution but a way to control tame limits on your server. If everyone is a douche, mabie wildcard will do something

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked a lot on this topic too, but no answer. Well. Our Ragnarok is capped for weeks! We already transfer more than 30 dinos as other players but it doesn't help because new players are coming and coming. I hope that there will be bigger cap because its really little for more than 70 players on server. Lot of our biggest tribes ended with this server. From more than 90 people here are only 49 people playing here now but cap is still here. It's annoying on PvE.

The whole problem is going to get out of hand very quickly.  Now tribes are establishing bases on other maps/servers to use as dino storage.

Which adds to that server's cap.  Eventually that server will cap out leading players on that server to start doing the same thing to other servers on and on and on until the issue is fixed or all the servers cap out.

The longer the issue is allowed to fester, the harder the problem will be to fix.

Unless of course everyone just gets frustrated and goes and plays another game.

Which means no more DLC buys wildcard so you might wanna figure out a solution before it's too late.

The whole problem is going to get out of hand very quickly.  Now tribes are establishing bases on other maps/servers to use as dino storage.
Which adds to that server's cap.  Eventually that server will cap out leading players on that server to start doing the same thing to other servers on and on and on until the issue is fixed or all the servers cap out.
The longer the issue is allowed to fester, the harder the problem will be to fix.
Unless of course everyone just gets frustrated and goes and plays another game.
Which means no more DLC buys wildcard so you might wanna figure out a solution before it's too late.
It's also fascinating how quickly the server went from "let's work as a community to solve this problem together" to "KILL YOUR STUFF SO I CAN PLAY OR ELSE!"

See, now playing the game has become a zero sum game. Everything I tame means one less dino someone else on the server can tame and vice versa. Why would I help some new player with kibble for a starter bird when that reduces the chances I'll be able to have the resources to experience bosses? I should be actively working to thwart other players from taming.

There are countless historical examples of neighboring tribes who got along like brothers and sisters until one day resources got scarce and one tribe pre-emptively slaughters the other. There is almost no more reliable way to being out the worst in humanity than scarcity of resources.

Well, that's ark now, and if it's not on your server yet it will be. It's not like I'm going to give up trying to work up to bosses because some guy think he needs 300 bears of ever possible color. So we'll do what others are doing and stash them on other servers. And when those get full, the people on that server will do the same thing and then problem will grow exponentially.

35 minutes ago, dethcats4ever said:

Our tribe is at 400 something tames, lag is stupid when in render. However our tame cap says 44/300. I heard somewhere that only boats and platform saddles are considered "tames"

We're not talking about tribe tame limit, we're talking about server tame limit. The dino cap on our server is so bad that even after people kill most of their stuff they still can't tame anything, it says "Too many tamed creatures on this Ark" and doesn't let you tame it. You can't even incubate eggs and it says the same thing instead of a percentage and timer. When a dino gets pregnant they give birth after the time but you can't claim it. I've had to move to an island server to raise my gigas :/

On 10/29/2017 at 8:19 AM, nikstorm9 said:

Then yo u get what you get stop complaining

If you play unofficial, why are you even posting in this thread? Oh yeah... to troll.

And i don't blindly call people that but in your case it fits. There are plenty of reasons why players play on official. First off, its the game as intended by wildcard, like it or not. Secondly, many players really enjoy the in-game commerce which is only really possible with a MUCH larger player base than you'd ever find on any unofficial cluster. I play on both official and on an unofficial cluster and while they do have a mod for trading with other unofficial servers with the mod, 95% of the stuff you find there is spawned by admin commands. And lastly, which i already touched on is the massive amount of players. While its true more players play unofficial, they're all stuck on their own server or small server cluster. Not so when it comes to official.

people have asked wc over and over to deploy more servers, for the amount of legacy they shut down you would think they would add more. The only thing they are focused on and you can tell by the amount of support 4 weeks for a devs help its about getting new dlc out making a profit. Devs dont even respond to players posting bugs, i am sorry but people who play the game 200 hours 15 hours  even 5 hours should receive support isnt that the excuse for the new servers? legecy wont receive support and same poop is happening on new. 

People only came to official under the blinding light that they would receive support.  If devs said they would offer support on legecey the numbers would stand up and go right back up. Tribes are going to servers and using them as dumping grounds for there dinos that's why many have hit the limit not the people breeding or taming its because you get 20 plus tribes dumping hundreds of dinos .For the money they spent shutting down hundreds of servers you would think they could expand. This is just my own personal opinion and i put my life on the line for being allowed that( incase of warning). If anything negativity is said you get a warning or topic is deleted. Devs need to listen to players find out the problems , communicate with the players show us its not just about making money and pushing out content. They saw a rise in servers the first week adding 3 servers to different regions 1 or 2 doesn't fix it infact they should be excited it shows people want to play. Your losing customers and no people dont like playing on unoffical because they dont like servers being wiped they dont like alpha tribes (which we do have a problem on official with some ). Make more servers have interaction and speak to us you wonder why blizzard is well known and so popular the devs interact and if servers were full they expand. When was the last time a dev posted and said we care we are listening  .  The silly thing is they have made a remarkable game but there is no support. Add new servers with the proper region listen to the players.  Only once did we ever have a server limit reached on legacy ad we were a very popular server. As a customer who purchased the game would like to feel confident that there is support instead of explaining the issues at hand. People want to tame dinos at 2x due to work and having those dino caps the only thing to do is farm materials. 

There is in a nutshell several problems

- not enough server so 100s of small tribes with some dinos 70/70 traffic
- missing support, although promissed bugs and server issues like that is seldom responded to
- migrating legacy players due to shutdown and missing support
- large tribes dumping dinos on non playing servers
- trolling with hundreds of dodos or rafts
- making money is more important than maintaining a happy player base

Solution suggestions

1. Make tribes global. Give a higher allowance per tribe than 500, as you need awefull lot of breeding for the boss fights, but limit the server they can go on and the dinos on server. Like 1k dinos on max two servers.
2. Per server count the tribes and make single player count as tribes. If max is reached, player gets the message max is reached and cant place structures or tame. He can still join a tribe though. After a certain time if a player is single player in tribe and all dinos and structures gone he/ she is removed. If a tribe goes inactive and all structure/ dinos gone its removed too. 
3. Give a final announcement for legacy players, will you shut down until nothing is left or will they be merged after a while. Most legacy keep their dinos up on legacy in the hopes they can move them some stage. End the suspense
4. Listen to your player base. If more server are needed cause the interest is high provide these ( traffic checks are easy to do, see the unique players and tribes that logged during a timeframe and implement proper analytics. Ragna is alwayss overfilled and at the taming cap. 
5. Take reports of trolling, duping, and broken things more seriously. Issues never vanish by themeselfs. 

My personal wishlist although only partiallyon topic:

- reform the kibble system. You force ppl to tame alot to progress. Imprinting kibble, hierarchy etc. You did a good job at the horse with the carrots and riding. Get creative with other dinos too. (
- always 1.5x taming and stuff like u did with the legacy server. 

A higher tame limit would be fine, but as long as they dont fix the server performance it will be feasable.

Oh its here now.  NA PvE Rag 195 as I understand is one of the newest Rag servers, and we hit tamecap today.  Can't breed/incubate/tame.

@Amaya, that sucks...

@Jaric, yep.  Its a negatively perpetuating problem, and fostering a community by helping people with tames is a nice and neat way to shoot yourself in the foot.  So why do it? 

@Casanova   @Jen   @Jeremy Stieglitz   @Jatheish  any word on this?  Like, more servers/changing server caps, or anything?  We the Ragnarok gamers would like to know.  This problem is negatively impacting the communities, in the way that Jaric explained.  We all understand that WildCard cannot run a thousand servers, but certainly you can all imagine that its pretty much over for most of the PvE official servers like Center, Island, and Ragnarok.  No more tames, no more anything.  And as the servers get capped, they stay that way.  People don't risk a single dino because they know the second they lose something, that tame-slot will be taken by another tribe/player.  So you get a bunch of people who just sit bored (because lets face it:  taming/breeding is a major MAJOR aspect of the game regardless of PvE or PvP) or just log in to reset their timers and feed their dinos, wrapping them up in offline raid protection for ~5 days between feeding.

3 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Problem is that people download 400 dino's in an already capped server to cap it even further...

There should be a PvE server tournament. Everyone competes in wars and the winner gets to chose how much land they want and get half of the sever tame limit. That would be hilarious. I'm PvP so I just wanna see PvE people engage in war with their sentimental dinos. I'd pay to watch it!

Archived