Ark evolution event - consumption speed?

Vreya

2 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

I don't think it is. I belive that would make Dino's eat more. If consumption was 2x, and taming speed was 2x, then it would take half the time, but the same amount of food. But it doesn't, it takes half the time, and half the food. So I belive it's just 2x taming speed.

Thanks. I didn't think that was the case but wanted to see if anyone else had thoughts on it. 

Guest DJRone89
8 minutes ago, Vreya said:

So I'm wondering with the 2X Evolution Event on official servers, does this mean the consumption rate is 2x too? I don't see that mentioned but it is a statistic on the Dododex and reduces taming time immensely so wondering if I'm missing something or not.

On official, dino consumption is always 1x regardless of evo events.

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

On official, dino consumption is always 1x regardless of evo events.

Except during VDay at least last year.  They did 3x breeding, interval, gestation AND consumption.  Months later they integrated 3x consumption into the base 1x rates.  Quetz used to eat like 40k meat to maturation, now it's around 12k.  Handfeeding a baby was serious business.  It would blow through a stack of raw meat in 3 minutes.  Now each stack of raw meat (not accounting for spoilage) lasts 10 minutes in a new baby.

Guest DJRone89
13 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Except during VDay at least last year.  They did 3x breeding, interval, gestation AND consumption.  Months later they integrated 3x consumption into the base 1x rates.  Quetz used to eat like 40k meat to maturation, now it's around 12k.  Handfeeding a baby was serious business.  It would blow through a stack of raw meat in 3 minutes.  Now each stack of raw meat (not accounting for spoilage) lasts 10 minutes in a new baby.

You’re talking about baby food consumption which is completely different to dino food consumption.

Dino food consumption changes how often the dino eats while it’s taming. So by increasing the rate to 2x is like increasing taming 2x.

5 hours ago, Vreya said:

So I'm wondering with the 2X Evolution Event on official servers, does this mean the consumption rate is 2x too? I don't see that mentioned but it is a statistic on the Dododex and reduces taming time immensely so wondering if I'm missing something or not.

No, consumption is 1x and taming is 2x

Just to clarify on this, they didn't 3x the consumption, it was 1/3rd. So now babies as officially 1x eat one thirds of what they used to. Example gigas used to eat 9k meat day one, of juvi stage, now they only need 3k for that day. The reason for this clarification isn't to argue or to make you feel as though you don't know what you're talking about, but simply so people don't get confused if they change the setting on thier own server and then wonder what's going on. It's a friendly reply!

12 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Me not know what is true what is false.

But me know that me need to fill fridges 3 times a week, just to keep meat in them from spoiling. 

raw meat on fridge spoil on 16h 40m.x 20 = 333h 20m = near 14 days to full fridge spoil. Maybe you are playing on scorched? On scorched a full fridge spoil in 4 days.

But all is like always. "A while back they changed spoil rate" spoil rate not change.

Archived