Season Pass Price 25,45->16,79?

Tinus

How can the season pass price go down before it is even released?

I bought SE more than a year ago and thought the Season Pass would not get any cheaper now 2 weeks after buying it i get punished for supporting the company by buying there DLC.

Its now almost 10 euro cheaper than it was before while it isnt even out yet?!?!

Steam refuses to charge the right price or refund me the Season Pass so i can buy it at the right price.

They say i played too many hours while this was in the basegame and SE while that was not part of the product i bought because i already have it since it first came out.

Can you people contact steam about this and fix it?!?!?! (Devs, Mods whatever).

Cant expect people to keep buying your product when it goes on sale without it being released and having not played a minute!

Basic price is 39,99, i got a discount to 25,45 for owning SE already.

But now without playing a minute of the season pass and abb + other DLC not even being released it goes down to 16,79?

Thats like putting up a pre order for 59,99 and the day before the game is released lower the price to 29,99.

Its not right and steam refuses to refund my purchase because i have "too many hours played" while i didnt play that purchase for a single minute. It counts SE that i bought when it released as part of the purchase. 

you have effectively not purchased SE as part of the season pass because it was deducted as a discount for owning it from day 1 release. they should refund what the 2 unreleased DLC costs being £24.45. there was a announcement last week or the week before in relation to full refunds being given to customers for the full game and season pass but that was hearsay on party chat so didn't investigate the source.

I would be interested to see if they apply the discount to the sale currently going on for having pre-purchased SE.

following current logic, the SE DLC costs for already owning it was deducted from the season pass so £39.99 - £25.45 = £14.54 discount.

that's 36% discount

if the pass is now £16.79 then the discounted price is £10.70?

what a bargain!

(all rough workings in my head, please don't judge)

29 minutes ago, Tinus said:

Basic price is 39,99, i got a discount to 25,45 for owning SE already.

But now without playing a minute of the season pass and abb + other DLC not even being released it goes down to 16,79?

Thats like putting up a pre order for 59,99 and the day before the game is released lower the price to 29,99.

Its not right and steam refuses to refund my purchase because i have "too many hours played" while i didnt play that purchase for a single minute. It counts SE that i bought when it released as part of the purchase. 

Dude,

it goes down in price due the sale event of steam.
When you buy a new car, and a week later the garage does a sale, you don't get the money back either.

That's how sale events work.
You didn't get scammed, nobody is screwing you over.
You bought the season pass earlier, and are now salty cause there's an aditional sale for it.

tough cookies.

The discount to SE which is the only content released from the season pass is only 50% which is $10 USD. The discount applied to the Season Pass is greater then this as it results in a $12ish USD discount. This makes owners of SE that already paid full price for it pay $18.74 for the season pass instead of the $29.99 that we paid back in September. Again I wouldn't have an issue with this personally if the content promised would have came out ON SCHEDULE rather then them building a demo mock-up and gallivanting at Twitch Con with the added intention of delaying the progress so they could get "player feedback". The bigger problem is people can't even refund the Season Pass due to failed release date because of Scorched Earth being included. Since players who have had Scorched Earth for over a year all that game-time is being added to the Season Pass even though no content has actually been released for it.

2 hours ago, Olivar said:

Dude,

it goes down in price due the sale event of steam.
When you buy a new car, and a week later the garage does a sale, you don't get the money back either.

That's how sale events work.
You didn't get scammed, nobody is screwing you over.
You bought the season pass earlier, and are now salty cause there's an aditional sale for it.

tough cookies.

Yea really good comparison to a car lol, you know how stupid you sound?

If you buy a car you get it right away, i didnt play a minute in this DLC because it got delayed and thus isnt even out yet.

Maybe they overlooked it but if they didnt its a scummy practice.

They should refund everyone that bought the season pass before this sale and already owned SE the price difference.

I cant refund because i owned and played SE since the day it came out which is outright stupid.

You basically get punished for being a day one supporter instead of rewarded.

35 minutes ago, Tinus said:

Yea really good comparison to a car lol, you know how stupid you sound?

If you buy a car you get it right away, i didnt play a minute in this DLC because it got delayed and thus isnt even out yet.

Maybe they overlooked it but if they didnt its a scummy practice.

They should refund everyone that bought the season pass before this sale and already owned SE the price difference.

I cant refund because i owned and played SE since the day it came out which is outright stupid.

You basically get punished for being a day one supporter instead of rewarded.

Oooof

burned lol. Good argument. And I agree. 

Unfortunately though i don't foresee you getting your money back or a return for the difference. Personally, the difference or the refund it's self isn't enough $$ for me to sweat over. I'd eat it just to maintain my sanity and peace of mind. If I fought for it, it'd simply be for the concept it's self, for the same arguments you provided above. Then again there's millions of other companies that do worse things to the consumers than what WC/Steam just did to you. I promise you lol If this concept sets you on edge and you wana fight it till the death, let me know, I'll hire you to fight some real nasty companies that do MUCH WORSE. We will start with prescription meds industry, then  Facebook. 

have you guys ever considered that maybe the reason they are discounting the season pass is because they sold too few copies due to their player base being mad at them for flyer nerf or great migration lies or too few servers or dinos that rob you or leeds fish or bugs or ddos or troodons or lag or poor optimization or lost characters or not listening to players or not fixing prim+ or or or

I don't subscribe to the idea that this is an evil corporate scheme to leech more money off the player base, but I do think there is a fairness issue here which should be addressed by Wildcard.

I paid for Scorched Earth when it was released, and then paid full price (minus the SE discount) for the Season Pass pretty much on the day it was announced.

Now without spending a minute playing any of the content which was paid for through the season pass (and which by the way has been delayed), there's a discount being offered for that same content, and I can't benefit from it because I had already pre-ordered. So essentially I'm being penalized for supporting the company earlier.

It's no big deal and I'm not going to stop playing Ark because of a few bucks. But it does discourage me from being an early supporter of the company in the future. And I'm sure this is not what Wildcard intends to do.

My suggestion: offer a way for those of us who purchased the season pass for full price and already had purchased SE before to benefit from this sale. As an alternative, at least give us a cute "I paid full price for the season pass" saddle skin or something in-game :D

Thanks.

Just now, Vanessa said:

I don't subscribe to the idea that this is an evil corporate scheme to leech more money off the player base, but I do think there is a fairness issue here which should be addressed by Wildcard.

I paid for Scorched Earth when it was released, and then paid full price (minus the SE discount) for the Season Pass pretty much on the day it was announced.

Now without spending a minute playing any of the content which was paid for through the season pass (and which by the way has been delayed), there's a discount being offered for that same content, and I can't benefit from it because I had already pre-ordered. So essentially I'm being penalized for supporting the company earlier.

It's no big deal and I'm not going to stop playing Ark because of a few bucks. But it does discourage me from being an early supporter of the company in the future. And I'm sure this is not what Wildcard intends to do.

My suggestion: offer a way for those of us who purchased the season pass for full price and already had purchased SE before to benefit from this sale. As an alternative, at least give us a cute "I paid full price for the season pass" saddle skin or something in-game :D

Thanks.

Nicely worded Vanessa.

@CritterI indeed dont really care about the few bucks im missing out on but i do get triggered by the downright stupidity of this practice.

And you are right that there are a lot of bigger companies doing this, but you have to draw a line somewhere. This particular case is something we can let wildcard/steam know we dont agree on. Most scummy business practices you give as an example is a take it or leave it because the mainstream heard is too dumb to understand the problem with it.

Holy poop for not caring about a few bucks you people sure seem to be on a crusade about this thing.
Want to support the game and "pre-order" the DLCs, buy the seasonpass.
Don't want to pre-order the DLC and partake in it's sales, don't buy the seasonpass.

But sheesh, you guys are more fanatic about this being a setup to get money then a zealot promised his salvation

Only point I'd make.

Normally a Season Pass has always been refundable on Steam before you play it.

If a Season Pass gets a discount before release you could refund it.

In this case the Season Pass contained an item that was already released and purchased by many. That is not a normal situation, I'm not sure I've ever seen it before. And Steam certainly has no process to handle this situation.

There are people in this thread who like and support Wildcard, they bought the Season Pass Day one to do so. But it has to sting a little when this happens so soon after and WC says, thanks for your support, we're now going to reward those who weren't willing to give it like you did.

The money involved is so much less important than the attitude of the company.

I was thinking about buying the season pass now that it's on sale, but noticed it's only 25% off where the rest is 50% off. So I came here to see what would happen if I bought SE for 50% off and waited on the season pass. I came here and read this, and now I don't know if I will buy either. Seems very likely that the season pass will someday be at 50% off and I doubt I will miss much until then.

I can't see how this isn't terrible marketing. Make your loyal customers that support the game before it even comes out upset, and at the same time discourage people who were thinking about buying it from doing so. 

Archived