Deadpool00012

I'm really interested in how pvp is going to work on the new dlc. I'm guessing it will be mostly players and weapons and less tames. Sure the Reaper Queen seemed powerful when it got forcedtamed during the demo, but how is it useful if everyone has super high up cliff bases? And how will the Rock Drake be able to stand against an army of auto turrets? I'm super excited, I just don't know how the new tames will be useful. I hope they make them useful for raiding, because sometimes rockets and longnecks get boring after a while. Let me know what you guys are thinking.

It will be a kind of passive aggressive pve kind of warfare.

Blocking vital tunnels with gates,  blocking people in their caves,  blocking vital ressources for just your tribe,  turrets round every corner and gates on every access route.  

The bases will be near unraidable if built right but you will still be able to make people quit by foundation spamming their Base and blocking them In,  slowly draining their ressources and will to play the game,  like a seige. 

Maybe it will encourage pvp as you will have to wait for people to come out their Base to kill them. 

Lol that's in an ideal world where Wildcard think before they act.  Truth is the maps going to be near inaccessible by day three with everyone running around naked trapped in the spawn areas,  no where to build no where to go. The new tames will be so op they ruin the game,  invisible dinos that can climb your walls and place c4 without being shot at,  and giant crabs that can tank a whole Base on its own. Only 10 servers will be released for it and they will be ruled by the mega tribes on day one, KOS for anyone they don't know,  you won't even be able to keep your new tames long enough to transfer them back home,  and when you do finaly go back to your island server it will have been wiped by an army of op dinos  and weapons from the DLC that there isn't a counter. Remember when scorched came out?  

1 hour ago, SmokeyB said:

It will be a kind of passive aggressive pve kind of warfare.

Blocking vital tunnels with gates,  blocking people in their caves,  blocking vital ressources for just your tribe,  turrets round every corner and gates on every access route.  

The bases will be near unraidable if built right but you will still be able to make people quit by foundation spamming their Base and blocking them In,  slowly draining their ressources and will to play the game,  like a seige. 

Maybe it will encourage pvp as you will have to wait for people to come out their Base to kill them. 

Lol that's in an ideal world where Wildcard think before they act.  Truth is the maps going to be near inaccessible by day three with everyone running around naked trapped in the spawn areas,  no where to build no where to go. The new tames will be so op they ruin the game,  invisible dinos that can climb your walls and place c4 without being shot at,  and giant crabs that can tank a whole Base on its own. Only 10 servers will be released for it and they will be ruled by the mega tribes on day one, KOS for anyone they don't know,  you won't even be able to keep your new tames long enough to transfer them back home,  and when you do finaly go back to your island server it will have been wiped by an army of op dinos  and weapons from the DLC that there isn't a counter. Remember when scorched came out?  

Well damn you just sum up the whole dlc?if people do get stuck in spawns because of other tribes it'll be fun to read all the salty comments on the forums about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
14 hours ago, Markdh31788 said:

No they haven’t other than there’s no plans to allow item transfer to aberration. Which makes sense seeing as you could just transfer a tek fob/base and spend a hr making element and wipe a server 

Even then, theres a cooldown on every creation, and you need to traverse everywhere just to make enough elements for tek gears. Plus, you need to gather a lot of material just to do that.

Archived