Dire bears lost their role?

SmokeyB

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

I suppose if the Dire Bear needed something a little special to differentiate it from a resource gathering point of view a honey collection bonus wouldn't be too far out of line.

In fact, I suppose one could go so far as to consider it a bear necessity. 

Yet, they should also have an ability to climb redwood trees which would help gather bee hives. 

On 10/27/2017 at 7:56 PM, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Bear is better in pvp or transport situation,  sloth is better for your farming needs imo..

IN transport situation - yes, but then a small flock of weight-argies is better, in PVP or specifically base raid - no, because there is no advantage of the speed once you get hit by anything. Get hit by X-Plants and thats one snail direbear that cannot do anything but die.

IN transport situation - yes, but then a small flock of weight-argies is better, in PVP or specifically base raid - no, because there is no advantage of the speed once you get hit by anything. Get hit by X-Plants and thats one snail direbear that cannot do anything but die.

Indeed, very niche pvp situations, I like them in open areas like scorched where you can run up on people and catch them outside of base.

Ever been attacked from behind while riding a Dire Bear? Well... good luck if you're in the forest or a tight place. I abandoned bears after several Terrorbirds and Direwolves stuck in my bear's butt and I wasn't able to hit them or turn around until I went off the bear and let the AI do the job. Megatherium by fare has a better AoE, especially with right-click. The only thing the Direbear is better is faster attacks, as far as I remember.
Bears paw swipe attacks behind too... Easily killing terror birds or whatever from all sides.. I take mine to the murder snow on Ragnarok and it easily takes on 8 pack boosted wolves from all sides simultaneously.

1 hour ago, Nick11992 said:
On 10/27/2017 at 10:14 AM, DomiDarko said:
Ever been attacked from behind while riding a Dire Bear? Well... good luck if you're in the forest or a tight place. I abandoned bears after several Terrorbirds and Direwolves stuck in my bear's butt and I wasn't able to hit them or turn around until I went off the bear and let the AI do the job. Megatherium by fare has a better AoE, especially with right-click. The only thing the Direbear is better is faster attacks, as far as I remember.

Bears paw swipe attacks behind too... Easily killing terror birds or whatever from all sides.. I take mine to the murder snow on Ragnarok and it easily takes on 8 pack boosted wolves from all sides simultaneously.

You can be kaprosucked from direbear
vs
Kapros completely ignore Megatherium riders

We have a clear winner here.

On 27/10/2017 at 4:22 PM, ranger1presents said:

I suppose if the Dire Bear needed something a little special to differentiate it from a resource gathering point of view a honey collection bonus wouldn't be too far out of line.

In fact, I suppose one could go so far as to consider it a bear necessity. 

LOL that tickled me even if the rest did not get it.

Does anyone know if Purlovias ignore the Megatherium? I used Theriz and Bears in the snow cave but the Purlovias pull you off. Do they pull you of a Megatherium too? If not it would eventually be a really good way to clean the hard snow cave since it should be small enough to fit trough the middle part. (unlike Rexs/Spinos)

5 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Training dummies are broken if thats where you take your numbers from. Otherwise keep your private server's/single player's numbers to yourself because its nothing to brag about.

I do believe training dummies act like thatch buildings,  there's a formula to calculate the actual damage given the tame can actually damage thatch (obviously) but 4k on a dummy does sound like private server numbers..

Archived