ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the chances of one day adding the ability for titan boas to feed on baby Ovis?

Current pet snakes sometimes feed on mice or rats, it stands to reason a massive boa could eat an infant baby sheep in Ark. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking. 

Really enjoy the game, cant wait for my Xbox server to play freely with friends soon!

Can we get higher tier blueprints for all structures...  Also higher tier blueprints for Turrets...  Defending tribes could do with the extra protection!

(some blueprints could be better at resisting explosive devices, or have more hit points, or have the ability to store more ammo, faster movement turrets, deal more damage)

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Could there be a Blueprint game mode? Make it where the only way to build or craft items is to have the blueprint. For example starting in a game with this mode you have the ability to make stone tools, weapons and cloth armor but in order to progress you have to explore and find blueprints. Blueprints under this mode could be found by killing dinos, finding beacons etc. 

Additionally with that said could, stations like the fabricator and smithy get "Blueprint" slots separate from the overall slots the station has. There have been multiple occasions where i must use an ascendant blueprint at the smithy and the blueprint itself is using the last slot that is needed to make the item. This renders the blueprint useless until I get a tek Replicator

Hardcore mode is like this but you would have to find where your base was and raid it essentially. Me and my group of survivors have been talking about this type of game mode for some time and I know enough who are open to this that I can easily fill up a server under this mode.

As of this morning, my Official server scorched 55 hit the tame cap. The gameplay ecology is at odds with limitations of the servers.

Tek needs boss loot which need powerful dinos which require breeding and high eff tames which require egg farm tames. The math to get one boss level tame requires scores of taming slots. This leads to 'bad ecology' and overpopulation.

I understand there has to be a taming cap, but the current system is crippling a major element of ARK. Small tribes, like mine, get stopped in their tracks because large tribes are...well, playing the game by making the very egg factories that the game require to hit THAT content.

What are the plans for resolving this?

Archived