ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/26/2017 at 1:53 AM, NajaNivea said:

Lots of new official PVE servers are reached the server dino cap limit, and nobody can do taming or breeding new dinos. ... In PVE the 500 tamed dinos / tribes is too much, becasue just a few big tribes can reach the server limit (every tribe have own egg farms). Do you think about to radically reduce the tribe dino limit to solve this problem in PVE

Dino Cap Hell is real.

According to forums: people can transfer in their dinos from other servers into a dino capped server & (effectively) set up a dino garage - just to free up their main server.

Server dino cap does not prevent this thankfully (for those honestly moving between servers).

So even if there are currently 10 main tribes (easier math) on Server-A (each at 500) and several smaller tribes/individuals + their dinos making the server reach cap. Then several mega tribes from various servers can come in & transfer 500 dinos each & park them in a garage/base.

Thus preventing those who actually play ON the server from *EVER* being able to tame or hatch again. Because every tribe that plays would have to nearly kill off every dino they own just for the chance of maybe.

So the issue is bigger than 10-11 big tribes on one server reaching tribe cap & making the server reach dino cap.

Will there be aborrent Megalosaurus to contend with? I think it would be cool if they were always night-buffed but sleep until aggro'd or survivors/creatures reach aggro range. I they would suit the Aberration expansion perfectly as they are typically a cave creature anyway. Maybe they could even have purple glowing eyes to match the map theme :)

With the reveal that S+ is the next Official Mod and with it being integrated officially can we expect to see differences from PvP to PvE on Official Servers? Like on PvE we could have are wires and pipes in the structures and also be able to hide electric box flashing. Then on PvP having Metal Glass.

On 10/26/2017 at 5:45 AM, Shrekasaurus said:

Could you tell us a bit about what you have planned for the creature TLC?

Could the Brontosaurus get a stomp attack?

Behemoth walls, could they come to be?

Dunno about 'behemoth' scale, but there are larger (2x and 4x) walls in Structures+ and that's due to be added to the base game in the future - although we don't know exactly which parts yet, you'd hope things like walls would be as they don't seem to be OP like some of the other S+ items/abilities.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:09 AM, Lowly said:

Can we have more info about Dino transfers to and from aberration? I'd like to be prepared for when it comes out, but I don't want to spend the time raising megalania and thylacleo if they won't be transferable into aberration

From what Jat said on the Twitch stream, you won't be able to transfer TO Aberration. Not sure if they meant "ever" or just for the first month or so.

On 10/26/2017 at 12:46 PM, NoGodComplex247 said:

Why can't we increase tame limit to even 500 on console servers we pay for with Nitrado? Why is the unlimited respec setting not working on rented console servers? Will we see more ini commands for more control on console rented servers?

Probably a question for Nitrado, but I'd imagine the reason is because of the hardware the server is run on. If you're willing to pay for an increase in RAM and probably CPU then maybe they could lift the cap? The cap is there at present to help with performance.

On 10/26/2017 at 1:18 PM, TheRealMrDrCleaver said:

Hello suvrivors ! I have a question, with the Xbox One X, ark will become less ”laggy” ? I’m playing on Ragnarok and we always DC or rollback every 6-7min, this last week-end i was breeding Wyverns, in 3hours played, we had 1h rollback to take care of babys. Realy hope it will change 

The problem won't be the client hardware, it'll be the server you play on. So if you're still playing on official it'll be no different...

21 hours ago, RolindaDaNinja said:

Lastly,(answer is probably no)I know that the ps4 can remote play with the vita but will there ever be a time when we can have the game on ps vita (dont have one but would get one if I could play Ark on the go with it).

Seriously doubt the Vita could handle ARK...

17 hours ago, AzureJ said:

- Will we be able to setup our own personal server for Xbox using play anywhere and Windows 10?

- When is Ark going to be on Play Anywhere?

- Would Cluster servers using Play Anywhere have to have one PC for each map you want to host?

- How deep is your love?

1- yes, 2- still no solid date unfortunately, was meant to be the end of Oct, then delayed 'a few weeks' and now probably pushed back even further now due to Aberration's delay 3- no idea, hopefully they answer as this would be useful. I suspect it'll be 1 map though, you'd need a special config (like Nitrado have) for this.

4 hours ago, IdrisVanNuffel said:

Why don't you integrate keyboard and mouse support for consoles?

Can they even do that? I know, at least from a Microsoft standpoint, that they (MS) haven't finished the tech yet. Once it's complete there will probably be APIs etc available to developers but until it's actually possible there's nothing Wildcard can do?

3 hours ago, ninjakiller561 said:

Change that statment sorry phone auto corrected. Will host barrier for non deli go away or can we get a setting to adjust it.

First part - no, the consoles aren't powerful enough. Second part (adjusting it) - who knows, maybe? They've said the Xbox One X is powerful enough to extend the tether distance though, so it would seem unlikely on the current-gen XBO/PS4 hardware.

13 minutes ago, TranqRex said:
On 26/10/2017 at 1:46 PM, NoGodComplex247 said:

Why can't we increase tame limit to even 500 on console servers we pay for with Nitrado? Why is the unlimited respec setting not working on rented console servers? Will we see more ini commands for more control on console rented servers?

Probably a question for Nitrado, but I'd imagine the reason is because of the hardware the server is run on. If you're willing to pay for an increase in RAM and probably CPU then maybe they could lift the cap? The cap is there at present to help with performance

I asked nitrado and they told me they can't change it at all its hard capped by WC. Id understand if it was just due to only being a 50 slot server but its the same on 100 and official is 500 that's all I want.

24 minutes ago, NoGodComplex247 said:

I asked nitrado and they told me they can't change it at all its hard capped by WC. Id understand if it was just due to only being a 50 slot server but its the same on 100 and official is 500 that's all I want.

Ah, that's a shame then. I figured since the servers are "real" servers and not just consoles then they'd be able to just increase RAM etc of the VM and change an ini value or some other setting. Maybe it's a contractual condition? :(

36 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

Dunno about 'behemoth' scale, but there are larger (2x and 4x) walls in Structures+ and that's due to be added to the base game in the future - although we don't know exactly which parts yet, you'd hope things like walls would be as they don't seem to be OP like some of the other S+ items/abilities.

From what Jat said on the Twitch stream, you won't be able to transfer TO Aberration. Not sure if they meant "ever" or just for the first month or so.

Probably a question for Nitrado, but I'd imagine the reason is because of the hardware the server is run on. If you're willing to pay for an increase in RAM and probably CPU then maybe they could lift the cap? The cap is there at present to help with performance.

The problem won't be the client hardware, it'll be the server you play on. So if you're still playing on official it'll be no different...

Seriously doubt the Vita could handle ARK...

1- yes, 2- still no solid date unfortunately, was meant to be the end of Oct, then delayed 'a few weeks' and now probably pushed back even further now due to Aberration's delay 3- no idea, hopefully they answer as this would be useful. I suspect it'll be 1 map though, you'd need a special config (like Nitrado have) for this.

Can they even do that? I know, at least from a Microsoft standpoint, that they (MS) haven't finished the tech yet. Once it's complete there will probably be APIs etc available to developers but until it's actually possible there's nothing Wildcard can do?

First part - no, the consoles aren't powerful enough. Second part (adjusting it) - who knows, maybe? They've said the Xbox One X is powerful enough to extend the tether distance though, so it would seem unlikely on the current-gen XBO/PS4 hardware.

I saw 2 streams where jat spoke of transfering Dino's, one he said if there in an aberration variant them it cannot go to another map and if there is an aberration variant then vanilla variant cannot go to aberration,but in another stream there always some mention of a grace period of transferring, 

And in the first stream he mentioned a list of all Dino's in aberration, and if we had that list we could prepare Dino's that don't have aberrant variants to go to aberration. But at the same.time if there is a 6 week "no transfer too" period then having leg 250 thyla and megalania pre bred is quite pointless, so I was asking mostly for clarification as in the two streams I saw hat in, he gave contrasting information which could mean that the final decision hasn't been made or it could be that the decision has been made and since changed, 

45 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

Ah, that's a shame then. I figured since the servers are "real" servers and not just consoles then they'd be able to just increase RAM etc of the VM and change an ini value or some other setting. Maybe it's a contractual condition? :(

From what nitrado said they want to give us the option to increase it its just hard capped by WC for whatever reason. The ini value is their but does nothing. I just find it a bit dumb we can't even increase to 500 and shouldn't it be server owners choice if they want it even if it could cause more lag etc. I was told I couldn't do structure limit for similar reason by nitrado but managed to figure out a way to do it.

I want to correct myself as well I can't remember now if it is 500 on official I've been running a server to long lol.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived