Now Wildcard favors the trolls

HeatherJo

We have all been wanting wildcard to be more hands on when it comes to legitimate server and bad player issues but usually when wildcard actually does get involved they typically make things worse or don’t really fix things but make things harder for legit players.

Pillaring has long been a source of heated discussion, but so is covered up resource spawns, bases on top of each other endlessly causing so much lag making areas unplayable, and covered Dino spawn. Pillaring is actually a very vital and, if done correctly crucially beneficial part of ark.   It is a way to keep ark beautiful and keep resources and Dino’s available to everyone.  

Well on our Ragnarok server there was an existing tribe that had been there since the beginning and had space allotted to expand.  A new tribe moved and built right next to them,  mind you in an area that was already jammed full of bases.  The existing tribe rightfully declined to move their  pillars and the new tribe reported them.  I asked why they didn’t just go find open space elsewhere and they said that they did and couldn’t find any, Which of course was a lie considering I went out and found 3-4 wide open spaces immeadiatley  that were much better.  Well to most of us on the servers utter shock,  WC actually forced the existing tribe to move pillars to make room for the trolls.  It was Rediculous to say the least especially since there were so many open spots.  And even more Rediculous since on our island server there is a tribe that has pillared 30% of the map and they don’t even play, they are always on destiny and besides all the pillars they have 3 huts, no Dino’s, and WC has done nothing about them.  

All this seems very unlogical and makes it even harder for legitimate tribes to protect their areas and valuable resources and Dino’s that benefit all the players.   It seems like WCs system only favors those who want to come wipe out every spawn, build over the entire map until we can’t even move, and whine endlessly about how they can’t find open space just because they are to lazy to walk 10feet past the player spawn to actually look. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

I think it's less to do with favoring trolls and more to do with having a hard line stance of seeing pillars as something meant for construction rather than all these extra functions people have used them for.  I mean, it's great that you fancy yourself as the pillar equivalent of Robin Hood and all, but ultimately spam is still spam, intent notwithstanding.

How, oh how, do I become a "legit" player? Do I need to apply, then go thru a rigorous training process, in order to get licensed as a "legitimate Tribe"???

Is there a formal ceremony before the  REAL ARK PLAYER TRIBUNAL???(and will there be snacks?)

Oh, the nerve of the illegitimate gutter trash for moving into OUR neighborhood. It's reverse gentrification, I say! And not to immediately move when told the space was reserved for Legit Players... it's an outrage! They clearly do not know their place. How uppity!!!'

1 hour ago, DinoDash said:

They’re considered trolls just because they want to build somewhere that is covered in pillars?

On ragnarok, in the scenario OP described, yes they are trolls. 

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

I think it's less to do with favoring trolls and more to do with having a hard line stance of seeing pillars as something meant for construction rather than all these extra functions people have used them for.  I mean, it's great that you fancy yourself as the pillar equivalent of Robin Hood and all, but ultimately spam is still spam, intent notwithstanding.

So basically anyone who sees a spot pillared can go whine to support, which I'm sure are highly trained individuals, and have pillars moved? Huh, smart. Also good to know if I ever play again. 

43 minutes ago, Ganelon said:

How, oh how, do I become a "legit" player? Do I need to apply, then go thru a rigorous training process, in order to get licensed as a "legitimate Tribe"???

Is there a formal ceremony before the  REAL ARK PLAYER TRIBUNAL???(and will there be snacks?)

Oh, the nerve of the illegitimate gutter trash for moving into OUR neighborhood. It's reverse gentrification, I say! And not to immediately move when told the space was reserved for Legit Players... it's an outrage! They clearly do not know their place. How uppity!!!'

The OP had a legitimate gripe- One that most PvE players would agree with. But your opinion matters more, because you feel special and that's what really matters, right? 

2 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

The OP had a legitimate gripe- One that most PvE players would agree with. But your opinion matters more, because you feel special and that's what really matters, right? 

There's that word again... "legitimate"

Is this from the Tribunal, cuz I don't get a 'legitimate' vibe from it? I see self-determined elitism to de-legitimize other players who are playing the game according to the rules of the game. Wildcard makes the rules, and as stated... Pillars were being misused. And I do not accept your contention that most PvE players are cool with pillering. In fact, it is one of the biggest complaints. And I am a "legit" PvE server player.

2 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

But your opinion matters more, because you feel special and that's what really matters, right? 

Funny how that works, isn't it? 

People know what can happen if they block off chunks of land...they do it anyway and then complain when they're told they can't. That is the fundamental issue here. Opinions completely aside, if you do something you're not supposed to do (even if others are doing it too) then don't flip out when you're made to stop doing it. 

19 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

They need to add a function to PVE where you choose your centre foundation and then no other tribe can build inside a certain radius from your centre foundation. This would solve so many issues I think.

19 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

If this were the case then why allow one tribe to completely pillar all of herbie island. GM called they looked and did zero. it is favoritism. somebody must have known the gm or something and them favors still going out. prob has a nice giga too

4 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

If this were the case then why allow one tribe to completely pillar all of herbie island. GM called they looked and did zero. it is favoritism. somebody must have known the gm or something and them favors still going out. prob has a nice giga too

It's not always the case, different GMs differing opinions and interpretations of rules, etc. It is a consistency issue when a GM panders to complaints other GMs consistently ignore because the discrepancy creates mistrust and the impression of favoritism.

19 hours ago, HeatherJo said:

We have all been wanting wildcard to be more hands on when it comes to legitimate server and bad player issues but usually when wildcard actually does get involved they typically make things worse or don’t really fix things but make things harder for legit players.

Pillaring has long been a source of heated discussion, but so is covered up resource spawns, bases on top of each other endlessly causing so much lag making areas unplayable, and covered Dino spawn. Pillaring is actually a very vital and, if done correctly crucially beneficial part of ark.   It is a way to keep ark beautiful and keep resources and Dino’s available to everyone.  

Well on our Ragnarok server there was an existing tribe that had been there since the beginning and had space allotted to expand.  A new tribe moved and built right next to them,  mind you in an area that was already jammed full of bases.  The existing tribe rightfully declined to move their  pillars and the new tribe reported them.  I asked why they didn’t just go find open space elsewhere and they said that they did and couldn’t find any, Which of course was a lie considering I went out and found 3-4 wide open spaces immeadiatley  that were much better.  Well to most of us on the servers utter shock,  WC actually forced the existing tribe to move pillars to make room for the trolls.  It was Rediculous to say the least especially since there were so many open spots.  And even more Rediculous since on our island server there is a tribe that has pillared 30% of the map and they don’t even play, they are always on destiny and besides all the pillars they have 3 huts, no Dino’s, and WC has done nothing about them.  

All this seems very unlogical and makes it even harder for legitimate tribes to protect their areas and valuable resources and Dino’s that benefit all the players.   It seems like WCs system only favors those who want to come wipe out every spawn, build over the entire map until we can’t even move, and whine endlessly about how they can’t find open space just because they are to lazy to walk 10feet past the player spawn to actually look. 

I would agree with this being an issue, but you fail to realize that by playing on a PVE server you have to abide by certain rules governing it which specifically tell you that you can't do these things. If it bothers you that another base built up within your area or built up on a spawn, you would probably be better suited for a PVP server.

My tribe and I have capped off an area on our server and whenever someone moves in we clear out there base and foundation wipe it. Every time, without question or asking them. It's PVP we are allowed to do so. Your issue lies less in the fact that people are building by you and more in the fact that you have no control over it. Either play by the rules set out for PVE or move over to PVP. Just be forewarned that other people might wipe you for you wiping someone else...

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

tKkM3XM.jpg

Careful...the devs might hear your negative thoughts and make all your dinos disappear due to your insolence. 

1 hour ago, Panatheous said:

I would agree with this being an issue, but you fail to realize that by playing on a PVE server you have to abide by certain rules governing it which specifically tell you that you can't do these things. If it bothers you that another base built up within your area or built up on a spawn, you would probably be better suited for a PVP server.

My tribe and I have capped off an area on our server and whenever someone moves in we clear out there base and foundation wipe it. Every time, without question or asking them. It's PVP we are allowed to do so. Your issue lies less in the fact that people are building by you and more in the fact that you have no control over it. Either play by the rules set out for PVE or move over to PVP. Just be forewarned that other people might wipe you for you wiping someone else...

please show in rules anything about pillaring an area off.......you have ppl trying to move in and find one tiny spot un pillared to throw something up and then claim they were deliberately blocked in. Then gm wipes stuff. it would be very easy to simulate. all you would have to do is go walk your dino in somebody's base in a corner or building and then claim they blocked ur dino in ect.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

all you would have to do is go walk your dino in somebody's base in a corner or building and then claim they blocked ur dino in ect.

If you could walk a dino in, then you can walk your dino right out. How could you claim it's blocked in? o.O

22 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Regardless of your stance on Robin Hood pillaring or even spam pillaring, the official policy is not to remove structures unless they are preventing valuable resources from respawning or they prevent access to a things like a cave/river, etc. or block access to someones base. I know this for a FACT because I have had more than a handful of emails between myself and more than one employee at wildcard over the matter. In one case they refused to remove pillars that were preventing me from expanding even 1 tile away from my 3x4 base. The other player intentionally blocked me from expansion but not from getting into and out of my base, and WC said they wouldnt do anything about the pillars.

Now if the OP is telling the true story, then this is garbage that they did something they supposedly said they wont do.

I'd personally like to see a system put in place to claim limited amounts of land in Official PVE, as well as more extensive "no build" zones in certain area's.  That being said, pillars are not that mechanism.  Using them to "claim land" could easily result in them getting removed for any reason or no reason at all.

I'm sure many folks consider themselves to be safeguarding resources and other area's from trolls, but the underlying truth is you are making your own personal decision about who can build where on an official server... and frankly in PVE that is not your call to make.  You deciding where you build is great, you deciding where others can build is not.  If you want that kind of authority, you have the option to start your own server.

Putting forth solid ideas for how to handle these issues in an Official PVE environment is helpful and constructive (and if it's well thought out I'll be the first to support it), complaining because you got your pillars removed is (quite frankly) pointless.

2 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

please show in rules anything about pillaring an area off.......you have ppl trying to move in and find one tiny spot un pillared to throw something up and then claim they were deliberately blocked in. Then gm wipes stuff. it would be very easy to simulate. all you would have to do is go walk your dino in somebody's base in a corner or building and then claim they blocked ur dino in ect.

You're missing the point...

41 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

I'd personally like to see a system put in place to claim limited amounts of land in Official PVE, as well as more extensive "no build" zones in certain area's.  That being said, pillars are not that mechanism.  Using them to "claim land" could easily result in them getting removed for any reason or no reason at all.

I'm sure many folks consider themselves to be safeguarding resources and other area's from trolls, but the underlying truth is you are making your own personal decision about who can build where on an official server... and frankly in PVE that is not your call to make.  You deciding where you build is great, you deciding where others can build is not.  If you want that kind of authority, you have the option to start your own server.

Putting forth solid ideas for how to handle these issues in an Official PVE environment is helpful and constructive (and if it's well thought out I'll be the first to support it), complaining because you got your pillars removed is (quite frankly) pointless.

so you are saying let it be chaotic and watch the real trolls come in and kill servers by killing resource spawns at the risk wc will wipe your stuff off instead. So is the intent to have utter chaos, bc spawn protecting with pillars and experienced players has gone on a long time and ppl not giving a crap and building in and killing spawns has gone on a long time and not much of anything dont to stop it.

Archived