Introducing the Haementeria & BattlEye Anti-Cheat System!

Jatheish

2 hours ago, Triceraflops Gaming said:

I think im gonna take a break from this game and go play a game with dinosaurs... Like how this game was advertised to be

There is already an overabundance of dinosaurs in this game. I can't believe I'm saying this because I like dinosaurs so much but there are more than enough with released and incoming ones. The leech the salmon prove they're starting to flesh out the ecosystems of the island and provide more immersion into those areas. These little guys that are interactable are more important than just ambient effects.

4 minutes ago, Ij999 said:

These are present day animals. At least keep them prehistoric. We don't need only dinosaurs but adding blatant present day animals is not the way it should be.

Wondering if you realize how many, "prehistoric animals," still are around today(Looking directly at you Coelacanth)I am pretty sure leeches have been around way longer than you give them credit for. Also I am pretty sure they get to add what they want and never said that the creatures wouldn't get odd at times because they do like the odd ones probably more than they do the mainstream rexes and what not.

9 minutes ago, I Want MY Burd said:

Heck. No.

Back in my day we killed parasites

You clearly have never had bad blood then I even kept maggots.

Leeches are so useful both for sucking out dead blood an other crap just make sure you don't use wild leeches or you'd possibly end up getting rabies or some other disease.

As for maggots I had a bad head injury in which I'd have maggots placed in the wound to clear out all the dead flesh.

An I'm the kind of freak who loved it.

26 minutes ago, SatansPegasus said:

Leeches are so useful both for sucking out dead blood an other crap just make sure you don't use wild leeches or you'd possibly end up getting rabies or some other disease.

As for maggots I had a bad head injury in which I'd have maggots placed in the wound to clear out all the dead flesh.

That, is actually kind of badass. O_O

This is an amazing game, full of challenges. I am playing little each night just in offline mode.It's a challenge being by your self on the island. One thing I think would go good with the whole parasites, and blood draining would be the need to boil water before you consume it. Would be a neat challenge. I think the water storage would be more useful, fill with rain water and/or boiled water. With all these dinos craping in the water one would think it would be full of parasites

1 hour ago, SatansPegasus said:

The raptor, this has to be the most disturbing thing I've ever read (no offense)

4 hours ago, ImpureFrost said:

When I was 7 I had alot of leeches on my arm.. They sucked so much blood without me realizing.. When I noticed I looked at it... I fainted.. There were 9 leeches on me.. Them basterds..

I'm glad you didn't die, also that's very disturbing and nightmarish

19 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

The raptor, this has to be the most disturbing thing I've ever read (no offense)

I'm glad you didn't die, also that's very disturbing and nightmarish

Leeches rarely kill.if they take to much blood they explode. When you see them on your arm.. They look like blood mushrooms. You can hit them but it will also hurt you..

Well this dossier excites me because it was also mentioned that the megalania would carry a disease with its bite. Now with a cure in the islands future I think the diseased and venomous creatures are about to make an appearance. This will definitely keep the new players from stomping around in the swamps without caution! 

P.s. Thylacoleo for next spotlight reveal!!!!????

-Cole

46 minutes ago, AKIMBOEND said:

Well this dossier excites me because it was also mentioned that the megalania would carry a disease with its bite. Now with a cure in the islands future I think the diseased and venomous creatures are about to make an appearance. This will definitely keep the new players from stomping around in the swamps without caution! 

P.s. Thylacoleo for next spotlight reveal!!!!????

-Cole

The next is castoroides. The thylacoleo hasn't even been modeled yet... We have the castoroides dunkeleosteus ichthyornis electrophorus direbear and therinzinosaurs modeled.. And Lystrosaurus

It seems like there should have been a solution for Mac and Linux users to not have to miss out on days of gameplay just because of the BattlEye. I also play on a PVE server and there doesn't seem to be an incentive to hack PVE as much so why shut down those servers for Mac and Linux? This is a realtime game, so if we had more notice we could have prepared, but we didn't. Would have appreciated more notice, or a different solution.