Introducing the Haementeria & BattlEye Anti-Cheat System!

Jatheish

• Administrator

large.Dossier_Leech.jpg.0fedc14cac842f40

Common Name: Leech
Species: Haementeria Laetus
Time: Holocene
Diet: Sanguinivore
Temperament: Passive-Aggressive

Wild

It is difficult to be angry with Haementeria Laetus, despite its rather terrible nature. The creature has practically no intelligence, and just attaches to any nearby living flesh in an attempt to drain that creature’s blood.

Removing Haementeria requires precision bladework, or access to an open flame. Both of these can be dangerous to the host as to the leech itself.

Once Haementeria attaches to a host, it drains blood at a rapid pace, and the host experiences hunger, losses of health, and lowered stamina. Some haementeria are also carriers for a dangerous disease I’ve dubbed ‘Swamp Fever’, which persists permanently beyond the leech’s own lifespan. Few creatures on the island are transmitters for this disease, and it can ultimately be cured with a rare medicine.

Domesticated

While Haementeria is not intelligent enough to be tamed, and does not provide a resource any tribe would need in large quantities, it is always useful to keep a few around for antidotes. When processed properly, Haementeria venom can be made into a powerful antivenin.

BattlEye

large.56b97964dd4d2_BattlEyeLogo.jpg.067

We are excited to announce that we have taken our stance against cheaters and hackers one step further by enabling BattlEye Anti-Cheat system on the ARK as a defense tool against cheaters!

BattlEye will be run on all Official Servers, and the new executable to properly play on Official Servers is ShooterGame\Binaries\ShooterGame_BE.exe, which we’ve updated the Steam Launch options to include. If you choose to launch ShooterGame.exe directly, you will be redirected to ShooterGame_BE.exe if you connect to any Official Server running BattlEye. 

If you wish to run your Unofficial Server with BattlEye, you can do so with the following launch option:

-UseBattlEye

We have a zero-tolerance policy for the use of 3rd party programs in ARK: Survival Evolved and will continue to work on Anti-Cheat measures to put a stop to cheating and catch those attempting to gain an unfair advantage over other survivors ;).

All the best,

Wildcard Jat & The ARK Survival Evolved Team

View full article

Ewh... xD it's ok! It's kinda cool but at the same time.. Its going to get on new players nerves.. As someone who has lived to see leeches around him.. These might not be so bad. I guess its not bad. Good dossier but this one ain't so nice to me.. Leech trauma :-; ehh

Edited by ImpureFrost

Ark devs please introduce an incubation chamber. The time it takes to raise a hatch dino baby is crazy. We should also be able to eventually splice genes and create mixed hybrid Dino's. Also would it be possible make robots that gather and feed baby Dino's or to help carry heavy items like metal. Or maybe at least a stone  wheel-barrel that can be upgraded to a metal one that can carry more weight. And Endgame content like a trailer that can be attached to Dino's like the ankyelos or deodicurus as they farm. Just an idea. And lastly a teleporter that can allow us to carry all our items with us to another Teleporter that has been built. Thanks for such an awesome game.

Although I haven't experienced any cheating yet by anyone. This might have something to do with me playing on a official PVE server.
Would it be possible to only deny access for linux clients on official PVP servers until BattlEye is finished for other platforms.
I'm guessing that the most cheats are happening there.

Would be greatly appreciated. If not keep up the good work and ill hope to be joining my favourite server soon.

44 minutes ago, Rogan said:

Ark devs please introduce an incubation chamber. The time it takes to raise a hatch dino baby is crazy. We should also be able to eventually splice genes and create mixed hybrid Dino's. Also would it be possible make robots that gather and feed baby Dino's or to help carry heavy items like metal. Or maybe at least a stone  wheel-barrel that can be upgraded to a metal one that can carry more weight. And Endgame content like a trailer that can be attached to Dino's like the ankyelos or deodicurus as they farm. Just an idea. And lastly a teleporter that can allow us to carry all our items with us to another Teleporter that has been built. Thanks for such an awesome game.

Wouldn't that take alot of the fun out of the game? (Not the Incubation Chamber.)

Hopefully that will remove the gigantic cheating tribe on official 394 (Atleast most of them) that has been able to locate our rebuilding within minutes of us relocating to new areas, then come along with gigas and wipe our fledling base over and over. They also somehow manage to survive falls from great heights, pursue us on a bird that seemingly appeared from nowhere and shoot headshots while we were fleeing on Pteranodon flying erratic high speeds and in pitch black darkness, through thick dense jungles, all the while mounted on their bird.. (Yes, great fun times.)

Diseases, antidotes, venom and anti-venom.....all very cool. 

That nasty leech just gave me the creeps and probably lots of nightmares. It's great that you keep adding things that make the game challenging and scary...but I may never want to leave my base again.  And if they spawn inside my base, I may burn the whole things to the ground.  Ugh!  I'm totally grossed out.  Lol. 

Sucks that the Mac can't join the official servers for a few days. We should still be aloud to join the servers until the battleye mac for ark is figured. Im almost tempted to drive 3 hours to pick up my xbox so i can still play Ark in my spare time! lol. I hope this is resolved quickly, i have dinos to attend to

ps. dont get me wrong. i think adding Battleye is a great improvement

1 hour ago, FireStormRising said:

Diseases, antidotes, venom and anti-venom.....all very cool. 

That nasty leech just gave me the creeps and probably lots of nightmares. It's great that you keep adding things that make the game challenging and scary...but I may never want to leave my base again.  And if they spawn inside my base, I may burn the whole things to the ground.  Ugh!  I'm totally grossed out.  Lol. 

When I was 7 I had alot of leeches on my arm.. They sucked so much blood without me realizing.. When I noticed I looked at it... I fainted.. There were 9 leeches on me.. Them basterds..