Hardest spot to raid?

SmokeyB

The Island:
26/15 - Snow cliff with only one land access point that is extremely long and leaves plenty of room for defense.
48/62 - Butte in the middle of the river/canyon. No land access.

Center: 
Top of the floating island
Any of the large buttes or the multiple cliffs with only one land entrance patch

Ragnarok:
Death snow (there are likely many others, but I haven't done much PvP on Rag)

Agree with the two posters on those locations... although the second one I call Metal Bluff... I don't think it's big enough to be a viable end game base and it's not too difficult to get into tanking range.  Plus it's on a major highway and not many people will let you build there without giving you grief.

Dat snow mountain tho.

19 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

So I like this idea. Never really thought about it before.  Is it even possible though? What would it require? I'm assuming Otters would be a must, but what about any other prerequisites to keep you from dying while building your base?

I think its possible, good fortitude and MC or higher fur would a must as well as a good otter with high melee. I plan on eventually moving to murder snow once i get better fur, currently i have a mix of purple and yellow fur, 50 fortitude, and a 350 melee otter and can go to about -70 to -75 F before getting the ice cube

4 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

I think its possible, good fortitude and MC or higher fur would a must as well as a good otter with high melee. I plan on eventually moving to murder snow once i get better fur, currently i have a mix of purple and yellow fur, 50 fortitude, and a 350 melee otter and can go to about -70 to -75 F before getting the ice cube

Interesting, what is the purpose of high melee on the Otter for this purpose?  I think a good idea as well would be to build a mobile Quetzal base as well with fire places in order to get back and forth with building supplies and such.

The best spots I take it you mean for building up a large raiding base? like solo or something smaller?  Those spots are pretty good, but keep this in mind, when you go offline, every base is raidable and many can do it without the need for mounts.  Defense planning is your best friend to help defend from offline raiders which is what most pvp is like these days.

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

Interesting, what is the purpose of high melee on the Otter for this purpose?  I think a good idea as well would be to build a mobile Quetzal base as well with fire places in order to get back and forth with building supplies and such.

An otters insulation equals a certain percentage of its melee, i can remember exactly but I think its 75 or 80%

2 hours ago, Melcreif said:

So I like this idea. Never really thought about it before.  Is it even possible though? What would it require? I'm assuming Otters would be a must, but what about any other prerequisites to keep you from dying while building your base?

Plan your build carefully and build all of your materials in advance. If you can, fly a couple rexes (or other big creatures that can protect you) over on a quetzel. The first thing you will want to do (only after building all the stuff, getting good fur gear, making some fria curry, and taming an otter) when you get to the snow is place 4 foundations. Immediately add a door, two rows of walls, and a ceiling. Then drop a generator and 9 air conditioners. Eventually this will be a breed area, but for the time being drop a few beds and some boxes/smithies down so you have a non-freezing base of operations. If you've planned your build well, you can grow the entire base from your breeding area. From there the world is your oyster, but the planning and those first steps are crucial in making your life way easier. 

I'd also recommend bringing along about 10 sets of fur and a few extra otters if you can so if there are multiple people in your tribe they can just take a bed over rather than having to trek deep into the cold as you're getting things started.

Archived