What dinosaur would you live out of?

Culex

Friend told me a while back if we got wiped again he's going to live out of a Horse. Easy to tame, a portable mortar and pestle making narcotics and gunpowder on the go.

If I had to choose, it would be a well bred Pteranodon with 45-50 starting stats each. Level ~330. 

I use mine to farm rockets. Scar for Organic polymer, caves for crystal. Hide,Chtitin,Mutton,Prime in lesser quantities. Easily hatchable. Great for raiding, killing, and dropping people. With several you can have a Fighter Squadron. :) Combine it with a KISHKO 3x3 you probably won't need anything else. Once 4 of us and 3 dinos and our KO got killed by 1 guy on a Pteranodon with a flamethrower which in my opinion makes the bird one of the best jewels of the Ark.

If you had to live out of a dinosaur, what would it be, and why?

16 minutes ago, BipedTadpole said:

I usually make some sort of mobile base. Bronto's are so slow it's painful. I'm about to try a paracer with a platform saddle and see how that works for me. I'm really enjoying my bayonyx and thyla right now so it would probably be one of those if I had to use a single dino.

Yeah one of my first choices would be thylo too if this is for a single dino. Ether a thylo or wyvern would be my choices.

Bred Paracer.  Only like 22 slots on the platform, but I've been able to fully enclose and have refining forges, chem bench, genny, fridge etc and still have a spot to park argies/pteras.  If 100% imprint, it starts with 120 move.  Get that sucker to 150 move and then all Weight or HP depending on what you're doing.  Nothing funnier then shuffle stepping across scorched earth in 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, Brayn said:

Bred Paracer.  Only like 22 slots on the platform, but I've been able to fully enclose and have refining forges, chem bench, genny, fridge etc and still have a spot to park argies/pteras.  If 100% imprint, it starts with 120 move.  Get that sucker to 150 move and then all Weight or HP depending on what you're doing.  Nothing funnier then shuffle stepping across scorched earth in 5 minutes.

bro you need to teach me this build m8

I lived out a bronto base along time ago kept an argent with me to spot any troubles. One other time I had a titan bc I play SP but realized they are a bit bugged and wouldn't eat even with my settings making it eat so I had to force feed it til I thought bronto is better mine was a 120 b4 they gave us maxed lvl settings. I also had a raft which I used a ton b4 finding my bronto.

22 hours ago, jaypak said:

get a few  pics of him aswell

32 structures is the limit for a paracer.

on the left and the right of the head of the paracer, halfway forward off saddle, start the below:

F= Foundation

FF

FF

Up from the front two foundations, you do sloped roofs up 2 high.

S = Sloped roof

SS

SS

Around the side edges, fill in walls/sloped left/right walls.

The back two edges of the foundations are Door/wall and wall/wall.

This puts you at 19 slots used and you have an enclosed driver space.

Within the enclosed space you put a fridge, genny, chem bench, smithy, outlet, wire.  That's 25 slots.

Here you can go a couple ways.  You can use 6 more slots to put up 3 regular dino gates behind the structure to create a spot to land an argie/ptera.  That leaves you with 1 slot for a refining forge or a bed.  Alternatively, you could just put 7 refining forges or a ceiling back and one off to the left from the door foundation, then 4 or 5 ramps down so you can walk up the thing.

The sloped roofs give you enough space to keep a genny and fridge completely covered and frankly are an underused way of saving 2 build slots.  There's other creative designs that use giant hatchframes to save 2 slots as well.

I no longer have a photo.  Used this build when scorched first came out on a PvE server.  Poor Nomad has long since been deleted.

EDIT:  Almost forgot, use a hatchframe in place of one of the foundations, ideally the one by the door, if you want a way to easily re-mount the paracer without having to go outside.

20 minutes ago, Brayn said:

32 structures is the limit for a paracer.

on the left and the right of the head of the paracer, halfway forward off saddle, start the below:

F= Foundation

FF

FF

Up from the front two foundations, you do sloped roofs up 2 high.

S = Sloped roof

SS

SS

Around the side edges, fill in walls/sloped left/right walls.

The back two edges of the foundations are Door/wall and wall/wall.

This puts you at 19 slots used and you have an enclosed driver space.

Within the enclosed space you put a fridge, genny, chem bench, smithy, outlet, wire.  That's 25 slots.

Here you can go a couple ways.  You can use 6 more slots to put up 3 regular dino gates behind the structure to create a spot to land an argie/ptera.  That leaves you with 1 slot for a refining forge or a bed.  Alternatively, you could just put 7 refining forges or a ceiling back and one off to the left from the door foundation, then 4 or 5 ramps down so you can walk up the thing.

The sloped roofs give you enough space to keep a genny and fridge completely covered and frankly are an underused way of saving 2 build slots.  There's other creative designs that use giant hatchframes to save 2 slots as well.

I no longer have a photo.  Used this build when scorched first came out on a PvE server.  Poor Nomad has long since been deleted.

EDIT:  Almost forgot, use a hatchframe in place of one of the foundations, ideally the one by the door, if you want a way to easily re-mount the paracer without having to go outside.

or press screenshot... saves image and hit upload lol

iv seen similar buils but your sounds better!

Archived