Single Member Alpha Crossark PVP

Culex

It took me 500 hours but I finally managed to become a Tek Farmer on a violent 2 month old crossark. There were other rotating members in the tribe up until being wiped each time. One would bring in pearls once or twice, maybe some oil. A different guy actually tamed a Quetz and that was it. Another would  craft a few bullets maybe even a few turrets if we were lucky. One tamed himself a griffon.

I've had to do the majority of stuff by myself. It was really bad in the beginning, 15 hours spent on taming and transporting 2 high level ankylos. I did 4 metal  bases 3x3x4's turreted, 14x14 behemoth dino pen and 2 metal treehouses, hatched an army of ptera's, wyverns, therizinos, rex's most of it solo.

One person was like "oh I can't tame anything because we don't have tranq arrows" while i'm hatching 7 therizinos, 3 rex's,  taming a 150 therizino and building stone behemoth gates at the same time. God I love 2x.

"When are we doing boss battles?" as soon as I hatch 20 therizino's/rex's and collect the artifacts.

One quit because I hatched and grew several wyvern's but didnt give one to him because he only played for/by himself. My theory is if you can ride them into someones turrets you have had to have contributed to them. Apparently he considered this unreasonable.

One quit cause he didnt have access to all the dinos, I like to tier access, more you contribute more you have access too. Is that not fair? May not mean much now when I can drop tames into a trap, but it did mean a lot back then.

Another quit cause I wouldn't make him ADMIN. I'll never give up the power to be kicked from my own tribe. I've seen this happen so many times in other tribes.

Then theres the people who don't care that other people spent 2 hours taming and saddling dinos after they've killed them within 10 minutes and have done nothing. That may not matter in an Alpha tribe, but in the beginning resources and dinos are precious.

Everytime someone joins I make them a grave. VVJmiHw.jpg

All the people who have come and gone. 2 of the blank graves are now signed.

I've noticed everyone wants to be chief and tell other people to "help" them. You get a lot of smaller tribes that crumble rather then people working together. Everyone wants their own base with their own dinos. Most people simply don't want to put in the effort and give up easily.

My philosophy is I won't tell you what to do, do what you enjoy, but atleast do something that contributes to the growth of the tribe. If you only got an hour to play, craft 100 narcotics, hit the ankylo, do something.

Now I sit at the top of the food chain, I see a 20x20 wood or stone base and glee with excitement.  Even better with a small Metal and Turrets. I bring out my Wyvern, rockets, stego whatever and be like, let me teach these guys how to play the  game. I'm practically doing them a service. They should pay and thank me for it. :)

"i like having stuff and using them but not getting them. atleast im being honest ahah" I think sums it up quite nicely.  

I've had 1100 hours PVP experience, has yours been different? similar?

56 minutes ago, jaypak said:

A tribe with people doing there own sht and doing nothing for the tribe doesn't get very far but you done great practically alone (kudos)

And attacking nooby wooden bases? Shame on you ? lol

It should be pretty easy to get up to stone fast. Usually I give them resources and then "visit" them the following day. I call it creating content :) especially if I see them building like 20x20 structures. PVE comes after PVP. If they're mature enough and some are I'll help them out further with advice on what they need to do and supply additional resources. Someone else will usually end up hitting them though. I'm surprised what you find in some of these bases and hide in their dinos though. 

We had 1 tribe on our server, 2 players.  Anky/Argy day one. Day 2, Giga, Day 4 they server wiped without even being able to saddle it. Day 6, Quetz saddled with teammate on anky They were extremely efficient. Unfortunately they merged with another tribe because they wanted more people to do bosses with and they turned around and immediately kicked them out.

We were getting wiped twice a week till I hunkered down and built a KISHKO 3x3 with turrets.

12 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

He's a Youtuber, not too bad to be fair, check him out. Can be fun to watch sometimes. 

Thank you! :) So... I'm gussing "a KISHKO" is something that youtuber built? If it is: Is it common knowledge what that building (whatever it is) looks like? Or just for @Culex? I've never seen it before (but now I've seen it once again, although from the same person)

9 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

Thank you! :) So... I'm gussing "a KISHKO" is something that youtuber built? If it is: Is it common knowledge what that building (whatever it is) looks like? Or just for @Culex? I've never seen it before (but now I've seen it once again, although from the same person)

I would consider it absolutely necessary if someone wants to play on a PVP server to be able to solo this themselves before they can really start to play the game. Before that just concentrate on leveling and build as you go.

• 1 month later...

What are your thoughts on base location?  I've nomadic so far and it's worked well, but as I'm at fab tier I'm looking at something more permanent- what are the most important factors?  Is it worth eating the 6x damage modifier to build in caves and make flier raids harder?

Also, what's the best solution for Cementing Paste as a solo player? (Rag server)

Archived