Im so confused? Ark Logic

KirbypoploGaming

One of my spino named Thriller has a melee of 700% but he had kids that have the melee of 333% and I used a test dummy and Thriller the father does 5k attack to the test dummy but his daughter that I haven't named has 333% melee but does 4k attack to the test dummy and I cant answer it and I'm very confused

You need to learn the breeding mechanics.

Ark wiki article has extensive information about it but its heavy to read for the first time. Read it couple times and you'll get it: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding

Shortly: If you put levels in the fathers melee and then make the children, it will NOT have those levels you put, this is just how the breeding works. Only stats that gets passed to children are the ones that they have right after taming. Sometimes it passes the mothers stats sometimes fathers.

22 minutes ago, Boubbin said:

You need to learn the breeding mechanics.

Ark wiki article has extensive information about it but its heavy to read for the first time. Read it couple times and you'll get it: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding

Shortly: If you put levels in the fathers melee and then make the children, it will NOT have those levels you put, this is just how the breeding works. Only stats that gets passed to children are the ones that they have right after taming. Sometimes it passes the mothers stats sometimes fathers.

He asks why they have twice different stats but similar exact damage

Is it a problem with the test dummie ? Never used it much as I heard it was rather inaccurate. Something about it being treated as a thatch structure and not reflecting armour or something else. Never did understand what was wrong with it lol. My only wild guess on this one.

P.S Just a thought are these figures the dps or individual attacks ? 

Also I know its been mentioned about but would the offspring be imprinted  and the parent not ?

17 minutes ago, Fluffy05 said:

Did you put points in to the melee if you did those dont pass over only the original stat can go to the kids of the dino

Thought the question was why does the father which has 700% damage does 5k damage yet the daughter which has onlly 333% does 4k damage, almost the same amount as the father despite having half the melee damage? Not why has the daughter only got 333% while the father has 700% ? Maybe I misred the question ? 

Just now, AngrySaltire said:

Thought the question was why does the father which has 700% damage does 5k damage yet the daughter which has onlly 333% does 4k damage, almost the same amount as the father despite having half the melee damage? Not why has the daughter only got 333% while the father has 700% ? Maybe I misred the question ? 

No i misred the question

Archived