Nameless vs reaper

DinoDash

Ok so now I’m really confused as to what are the reapers vs the nameless, first we have the mutant jerboas which are the nameless, then we have that xenomorph Queen from the trailer that I thought was the nameless queen, and yet we have a mysterious mystery dossier with a very similar monster. If anyone could clear this all up I’d appreciate it.

Just now, Eli said:

Names have been changing during the development process. What you know of as the reaper king and queen are currently known as the nameless king and queen.

I suspected such, i noticed that they changed the names of the cave crustacean and lantern pug after all. Still confused as to what the normal reapers are though.

14 hours ago, DinoDash said:

I suspected such, i noticed that they changed the names of the cave crustacean and lantern pug after all. Still confused as to what the normal reapers are though.

They mentioned that abberation was not a scorched ark so nameless are not jerboas but their own species. The way I see the biology is like an insect for them. The queens create chestbursters that grow into regular nameless that later molt or develop into a queen or king.

1 hour ago, spoop said:

They mentioned that abberation was not a scorched ark so nameless are not jerboas but their own species. The way I see the biology is like an insect for them. The queens create chestbursters that grow into regular nameless that later molt or develop into a queen or king.

Nope there definitely jerboas

1 minute ago, spoop said:

On twitter somebody asked about abberrant jerboa and it was said nothing desert related would be there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubblywums/status/922648623229390849

Hmmm... well that is oddly specific, that does put a damper on my theory. I’m gonna have to find a loophole.

4 minutes ago, DinoDash said:

Hmmm... well that is oddly specific, that does put a damper on my theory. I’m gonna have to find a loophole.

It's likely they just used the jerboa as the base model and modded it into the nameless which explains the similar movements. They did a very similar thing where the tek drones are just tapejaras.

Just now, spoop said:

If anything I kinda feel nameless are the descendants or are derived from mutated survivors as abberation should have had its own test group before it broke down. It's said that they have intense hatred for people and have a degree of intelligence and social hierchy with the reapers and alpha nameless.

I did think this originally, but there clearly animal like traits (eg. tails, large feet) through me off. Maybe it’s possible that they are a combination of both, like how the bulbdog appears to be a combination of an angler and a lystro, but that is getting pretty far out there...

4 minutes ago, spoop said:

This is going out on a limb but they are also described as element infused and the boss is supposed to be a "friendly face". I think it might be what's left of Rockwell because he starts to go all smeagle with his element near the end of the scorched notes.

That would be... interesting 

2 minutes ago, DinoDash said:

I did think this originally, but there clearly animal like traits (eg. tails, large feet) through me off. Maybe it’s possible that they are a combination of both, like how the bulbdog appears to be a combination of an angler and a lystro, but that is getting pretty far out there...

Only way I would be able to explain tails is devolution but they seem to be more like a chupacabra than a primate.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived