Noob here!

KevlarPrincess

Hey yall, just purchased the game today on recommendation and I am LOVING it! I have been relying a lot on youtube to figure certain things out, but after a few hours...I feel like I am getting a good handle on it. 

I am doing single player survival on the easiest setting I believe and have only died a few times luckily.

I am hoping yall could answer a couple of questions I have?

I haven't joined a server yet because I don't know yet which one my friend plays on...if I joined a server to check it out, could I change servers later or create a new game on another server?

And, when should I start taming? Every time I go after something I kill it. Can't seem to knock them out. Which dinos do you recommend I try to tame first? I really need something that will be on offence for me.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2017 at 5:14 PM, KevlarPrincess said:

I haven't joined a server yet because I don't know yet which one my friend plays on...if I joined a server to check it out, could I change servers later or create a new game on another server?

Yes, if your friend is playing on an official server, you may transfer to his / her server. you can transfer your current character, tames and items via an loot crate or one of 3 obi's.

On 10/23/2017 at 5:14 PM, KevlarPrincess said:

And, when should I start taming? Every time I go after something I kill it. Can't seem to knock them out. Which dinos do you recommend I try to tame first? I really need something that will be on offence for me.

first thing i tame starting fresh is a parasaur. easily knocked out with a slingshot. This will get you narco berries faster to get more tames. beats berry picking with your hands :P After that i go for a  raptor. Tons of mobility and can easily defend you against a smaller dinos trying to pick a fight with you. Simply craft a few bolas to stun it in place and use either a slingshot, club, or tranq arrows (if you have gotten that far) to knock it out. Happy Taming!

Archived