Nitrado servers delayed again?!?

Slark

“ark will run at 60 fps on ultra pc graphics settings” turned into 30fps on high. How it that not a lie. They outright said it would have those two things, just as they outright said Ragnarok was coming beginign of July to console. I have no doubt that they believed that to be true, but it doesnt make it not a lie. I’ll find the video if you want. And are you for real about “you misinterpreted their Intentionally misleading remarks doesn't make them liers, rather good advertisers. “?  the remarks were not intentionaly misleading they were false. You are talking “good” advertising from a corperate stand point, not a consumers.  May as well not swell on the past haha but i’ll find you some the E3 clip real quick just for conversation sake.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Omezin said:

“ark will run at 60 fps on ultra pc graphics settings” turned into 30fps on high. How it that not a lie. They outright said it would have those two things, just as they outright said Ragnarok was coming beginign of July to console. I have no doubt that they believed that to be true, but it doesnt make it not a lie. I’ll find the video if you want. And are you for real about “you misinterpreted their Intentionally misleading remarks doesn't make them liers, rather good advertisers. “?  the remarks were not intentionaly misleading they were false. You are talking “good” advertising from a corperate stand point, not a consumers.  May as well not swell on the past haha but i’ll find you some the E3 clip real quick just for conversation sake.

Advertising is never good for consumers. The point of advertising is to get you to buy a product that you don't need. If you needed it, they wouldn't have to advertise as you'd be buying it already.

Honestly It was probably the 2nd hand E3 new sources like LoadedCrysis and JadePlays games that anounced theses specs definitively. Rewatching the interview with the devs words like “aiming for” and “hoping for” were used. So I admit defeat there. I suppose what I am most mad about is that they constantly set a date then fail to deliver. The rest may have been blown out of preporting. Wildcard does clearly work hard on their game and want to do whats best for the players. They just need to keep their mouths shut in social media. Its okay to miss a deadline here and there, just not so many consecutively and with such long (2+ months) delay. I do also apreciate that we are comparing wildcard to AAA games when they in fact are not AAA. Learning curve, funding, yadile yadile yadile. It does make better sense with that in perspective. I do consider the missed dates to be a lie, but I don’t mean to harp on it. If I tell you “I will be at your recital next week” and then I don’t show up, is that not a lie? Then I say “okay sorry I missed the recital, I will be at your next one” then I don’t show up to that too... ect. Thats how I see wildcard lately is all, as an unreliable parent.  To me thats a form of lie, maybe I’m wrong.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, RickHolt said:

I think that there is a good chance they will direct me to Microsoft. The purchase was made through the Microsoft Store. The whole renting on Xbox situation is a mess. Being forced to use the Xbox Store to pay a third party to host a server for another third party is bound to cause issues. Throw in WCs record for meeting targets and it all becomes a headache.

When you rented a server from SurvivalServers I'm assuming you paid them directly? That's the difference.

Ah I see, I would have assumed the purchase would have been direct with the host, strange, I agree that would cause more of a headache than necessary.

2 hours ago, Omezin said:

Honestly It was probably the 2nd hand E3 new sources like LoadedCrysis and JadePlays games that anounced theses specs definitively. Rewatching the interview with the devs words like “aiming for” and “hoping for” were used. So I admit defeat there. I suppose what I am most mad about is that they constantly set a date then fail to deliver. The rest may have been blown out of preporting. Wildcard does clearly work hard on their game and want to do whats best for the players. They just need to keep their mouths shut in social media. Its okay to miss a deadline here and there, just not so many consecutively and with such long (2+ months) delay. I do also apreciate that we are comparing wildcard to AAA games when they in fact are not AAA. Learning curve, funding, yadile yadile yadile. It does make better sense with that in perspective. I do consider the missed dates to be a lie, but I don’t mean to harp on it. If I tell you “I will be at your recital next week” and then I don’t show up, is that not a lie? Then I say “okay sorry I missed the recital, I will be at your next one” then I don’t show up to that too... ect. Thats how I see wildcard lately is all, as an unreliable parent.  To me thats a form of lie, maybe I’m wrong.

I agree that the delays suck, but I feel like calling them liars over it is harsh.  A lot of games have delays and off things back. Few, if any, do it as often as WC.  The difference that gives me confidence in WC is that many companies push it back a few times and then cancel the project. WC follows through with all if the PROMISED content. The "we're working on it" or "we'd like to" content may get canned.  Everyone seems to love to use Blizzard as a comparison company so I will too. Years ago a game called StarCraft Ghost was announced. I followed it religiously from one delay to the next just to finally have the game scrapped. That doesn't make them a bad company and it isn't a perfect comparison, as I hadn't given them any money yet, but it's just an example that others delay things too. I have no don't in my mind that Aberration and the third DLC well release eventually. Getting upset about a missed date is just not worth it in my book. At the end of the day if you paid for the product you will get it.

After a bit of messing about I've finally got my refund (well... I will in a few days).

Lesson learned. Don't spend money on WC related products until they have been fully released.

I feel bad for Nitrado. They seem like a great company but they're being dragged through the mud by this mess.

"At the end of the day if you paid for the product you will get it." - Only time will tell. When I pay for a product with a promised date I expect it on that date. A few days delay wouldn't be the end of the world with a detailed reason as to why and exactly how long it will take to deliver. This went quickly from "Will be released on the 25th following the update" to "Some time in November.... possibly". The empty promises aren't too bad when they aren't taking money up front.

On 10/23/2017 at 7:29 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

No need to try again. Facts are facts.

I agree with him here, they devoted a few sentences to the problem buried underneath walls of text about TwitchCon and other pretty useless information. That's not exactly letting your player base know about the problem, considering most users of most games don't have the patience or attention span to read that far in just to find those couple sentences.

5 hours ago, Toni said:

How we refund the Season Pass if we already owned Scorched Earth before?  Steam says... "you already played the Season Pass for 3000 hours".  

So not only the pre ordered servers are the problem....

Read FULLY steams refund policy. It clearly states why you can't refund and it's Steams policy, not WC.

Here Wild Card, let me help.

Xbox Rentable Servers Update

Xbox Rentable Servers may not be launching later this month as originally planned. The update which allows players to connect to these servers is currently being held in Microsoft certification. They have noticed an issue which has so far only occurred at their offices, and due to regulations, remote debugging is not possible. In order to address this we are flying out our engineers today to work with them on the issue directly. Unfortunately, this is going to hold up the final build for a little while as we work out the problem with them, and it will then have to re-enter the certification process. We expect that the update will be available in early November, and we will do our best to speed up the process as much as we are able to.

The above can be found here: Twitchcon2017

Someone kindly linked the email that those who preordered got from Nitrado(Forgive the small text, it was how it was uploaded):Letter from Nitrado

Now the reason I'm doing this, is our server was set to launch Today. Hours went by and nothing happened and our server host never received an email from Nitrado. Nobody had a clue what was going on so we started looking on the internet. It was honestly pretty difficult (for someone who only checks here from time to time and doesn't have a twitter account) to find this information. Information that I thought was critical enough to those who have already paid ahead of time for a service that was due to launch today. So straight up, this is here so people can be informed who may have otherwise missed this. Also as a nudge to WC to maybe rethink how they release bad news outside of the very bottom of some Twitchcon news thread because not everyone cares about that.

2 minutes ago, Toni said:

I don't think this is intended by steam like it is. First release a single DLC .... and then add this DLC to a season pass to avoid any refunds for the season pass...

That is not how season passes work. Season passes are almost always purchasable long before the last of the DLC releases. For example when I purchased Destiny I pre-ordered it, and got the season pass.  I later decided that Bungie had created a game that had giant holes in gameplay and a nonexistent story. After playing the first DLC I uninstalled and never played again. I didn't beg for a refund for the DLCs I hadn't played.

2 hours ago, Archone said:

That is not how season passes work. Season passes are almost always purchasable long before the last of the DLC releases. For example when I purchased Destiny I pre-ordered it, and got the season pass.  I later decided that Bungie had created a game that had giant holes in gameplay and a nonexistent story. After playing the first DLC I uninstalled and never played again. I didn't beg for a refund for the DLCs I hadn't played.

Yeah its fine like you say... if you buy a season pass and you only have played for example 1 of 3 DLCs, then this for sure should not give a refund. Then you already played the season pass.

The situation with the ARK season pass is an other:

1. I buyed ARK EA

2. I buyed the Scorched Earth DLC (And have played it)   ... at this time there was no season pass and no informations about it

3. Now they created the season pass.. which includes Scorched Earth too --> Which i already payed before for its own.

So now i have:

ARK Playtime = 3000 hours

Scorched Play time = a few hours

Season pass (because i only needed to buy it for Aberration and the next DLC..because i already owned Scorched) =  Not played a single minute

When i ask for refund:

"We are sorry, you already played the Season Pass for 3000 hours".

So they are refusing the refund because wildcard added a DLC to the season pass which was already before available as single DLC.

Creating a season pass first and sell the DLCs too as single items = Absolutely Ok and the way other companies do

Creating a DLC first... sell it... and later creating a season pass which includes the already owned DLC too... and therefore removes the ability for a refund the season pass = Absolutely not ok.

Archived