Nitrado servers delayed again?!?

Slark

This is all on Wildcard as other people have commented, I honestly cannot see how anyone can blame Microsoft. 

I've never known a company to struggle so much with passing certification, I didn't even know of certification until I started playing Ark and hearing about it each time something was delayed.

Fair play to Nitrado for the free days, despite them not being at fault in the slightest.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's particularly bad this time as I have 40 players signed up for my Nitrado, I've been building hype a lot on the server Discord and on reddit. I'm no doubt going to have to explain to a lot of them that it is being delayed which may in itself lose a few players.

On top of this we have Battlefront 2, COD and PUBG getting released in the next month, no doubt going to lose players to these games. If it had been released this week then the players would have had two or three weeks invested in the server so a lot less likely to leave for those games.

Such a shame that a game so promising is continually let down by glitches/bugs and deadlines not being met.

1 hour ago, Omezin said:

Dear Wildcard: 

From a young age most parents teach their kids not to lie. Moving forward we learn about relationships, COMITMENTS, ect ect. “Honesty is the best policy” is quite the common expression. No one likes to be lied to, and especially not repetitively. Please Wildcard, I BEG YOU! Learn to make a commitment, if you say something is going to happen, then you bust your butt to make sure that it does. Ark is my top favorite game, well over 1000 hrs played, but a big part of me wants to quit out of principle. Its not cute anymore. Stop messing with your player-base. Fix your game, no more false advertising, and no more setting a date then missing it by 2 months. No more releasing dates until you are 200% sure you can make that date. Seriously you are turning us against you.

In other news our pre-ordered Nitrado servers have been delayed again by Wildcard.

Exactly. All the big internet tuff guys complain that we complain or want to quit and that its worth the wait. None of them understand there is an underlying principle. As much as we like the game and know its worth the wait, some people feel they dont want to be involved with something with so many lies and so much disrespect to the players. The only reason i am willing to stick around for one last attempt is because i know once we get the servers we wont have to deal with wildcard as much. It will be our own server. With that said, if they dont arrive the first week in Nov, i may take my losses and move on.

1 hour ago, DeimosArk said:

It's particularly bad this time as I have 40 players signed up for my Nitrado, I've been building hype a lot on the server Discord and on reddit. I'm no doubt going to have to explain to a lot of them that it is being delayed which may in itself lose a few players.

On top of this we have Battlefront 2, COD and PUBG getting released in the next month, no doubt going to lose players to these games. If it had been released this week then the players would have had two or three weeks invested in the server so a lot less likely to leave for those games.

Such a shame that a game so promising is continually let down by glitches/bugs and deadlines not being met.

Its so true. And with a game this large and in depth as the players we can expect bugs and glitches. But for gods sake they handle everything so wrong!!! Why is it that COD and so many other games have been delay free for so long? Not to mention they run flawlessly with better graphics and zero lag. Yes this game is alot bigger but there is no excuses for lies and delays. There should have been no date released until it was through cert. The fact that it was in Cert 2 days before release blows my mind. Send it through ahead of time and hold the release and build hype. Not vice versa

2 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

You guys throw around the word "lie" like you have no idea what it actually means.... There have been ZERO "lies" just a lot of bad luck for WC and the community is to busy trying to crap on them to actually appreciate the work they do. This community has gotten so toxic and hateful its ridiculous 

Jat "lied" when he sad the center bosses would be revamped to the same as the island and that didnt happen. They said the servers were all ready and were just be testing one last time. How is that not a lie? the servers were never ready or in final stages of testing cuz they never went through cert! Im pretty sure when you say something is gonna happen and it doesnt thats a lie? It may not be on purpose but that doesnt not make it a lie? Not everything is a lie but to say there has been ZERO is indeed also a lie lol.

You are right,  the release dates aren't lies because I think somebody at wildcard  must actually think the dates are achievable(and are consistently wrong). As far as being toxic it doesn't help that xbox has been getting the shaft when it comes to getting new content. I know, "The long cert process with Microsoft", but I have never heard of any other games having this problem.  And I dont' hate wildcard, or the game. I just think they need to be more responsible for their actions.

Also its not bad luck, its poor project management. Missing deadlines is not OK in pretty much any line of work, but especially in software development. Like the others have stated above, you should not give a release date, let alone a release window unless you are confident you can make it. 

4 hours ago, Slark said:

Its so true. And with a game this large and in depth as the players we can expect bugs and glitches. But for gods sake they handle everything so wrong!!! Why is it that COD and so many other games have been delay free for so long? Not to mention they run flawlessly with better graphics and zero lag. Yes this game is alot bigger but there is no excuses for lies and delays. There should have been no date released until it was through cert. The fact that it was in Cert 2 days before release blows my mind. Send it through ahead of time and hold the release and build hype. Not vice versa

To be fair,  this is WC's first big title and you are trying to compare it to AAA titles/ studios that are used to this.. BUT.. I am getting over it at this point,  WC knows they aren't big enough to support this type of game at this point,  and it still feels unfinished and rough in certain aspects.. plus they continually shoot themselves in the foot by being late and getting delay after delay when they could avoid the whole thing with a slightly different approach and at least not look inept.. 

5 minutes ago, Unearthedimp1 said:

You are right,  the release dates aren't lies because I think somebody at wildcard  must actually think the dates are achievable(and are consistently wrong). As far as being toxic it doesn't help that xbox has been getting the shaft when it comes to getting new content. I know, "The long cert process with Microsoft", but I have never heard of any other games having this problem.  And I dont' hate wildcard, or the game. I just think they need to be more responsible for their actions.

Also its not bad luck, its poor project management. Missing deadlines is not OK in pretty much any line of work, but especially in software development. Like the others have stated above, you should not give a release date, let alone a release window unless you are confident you can make it. 

Exactly. None of us hate the game, and we thank wildcard for even bringing it to us. But theres alot of unnecessary drama and problems because of comm. and management. The absolute best route they could take with this kind of stuff is give us a release date/month/season and release it early. They should tell us Mid Nov for xbox servers and have them out the first week. Thats how you win over customers.

3 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

To be fair,  this is WC's first big title and you are trying to compare it to AAA titles/ studios that are used to this.. BUT.. I am getting over it at this point,  WC knows they aren't big enough to support this type of game at this point,  and it still feels unfinished and rough in certain aspects.. plus they continually shoot themselves in the foot by being late and getting delay after delay when they could avoid the whole thing with a slightly different approach and at least not look inept.. 

That is exactly what i said. This is there first big shot so they have every right to some errors. But god they've made more then a few for a game that runs half decent with being around for years now. They went into this in the wrong way and released so much half decent content before perfecting the original. Now its to the point where they have such a high cost to operate and advance they need to make more money so they dont have time to perfect the base issues. They are basically in a hole without actually being if you know what i mean. I truly believe they literally had the shot to make this one of the biggest games ever to xbox but it went out the window with the way things went. Just poor management and shots called from the start.

30 minutes ago, Slark said:

Jat "lied" when he sad the center bosses would be revamped to the same as the island and that didnt happen. They said the servers were all ready and were just be testing one last time. How is that not a lie? the servers were never ready or in final stages of testing cuz they never went through cert! Im pretty sure when you say something is gonna happen and it doesnt thats a lie? It may not be on purpose but that doesnt not make it a lie? Not everything is a lie but to say there has been ZERO is indeed also a lie lol.

If something happens that keeps what you said would happen from happening is MOST definitely not a lie. THAT is an unfortunate circumstance. That is like saying this scenario: A doctor says he can save a patient from dying ( and he can 100% no doubts with the issue that needs to be fixed) however during the operation the body reacts poorly and they die. Did he lie? No, it was just unfortunate circumstance. You can claim he lied but he did his best and it wasn't his fault. WC is the same, they genuinely try to get their stuff out on time but things happen and I would prefer they delay rather than release broken content. Also the issue is about certification if you are upset about Xbox servers, and guess what dingus that is MICROSOFT'S problem not WC's. WC can't cert their own updates. They always make sure to leave loopholes in what they say so that they can't be called liars, its good business. I have never heard them 100% confirm something cuz that is just a bad idea if you aren't sure it can't be delayed  

I think most people are just sick of poor performance and nothing ever being fixed.  I understand that part of the performance issues are related to the hardware of the current xbox one.  But people have been asking for fixes for certain issues for months.  Instead of focusing on fixes for problems they just keep pushing new content, which is great if the games performing well, but I couldn't care less about new content at this point.  Fix the things that are broken first.  No one cares about new dinos if we can't connect to the servers to play.  As I have said before, I don't want to bash these guys and I know they work hard, but they are being quite reckless with their community.  Their community is what pays the bills, you should be doing your best to keep the community happy.

Hello

just saw at the far end of the last news : there will be late now it will be in beginning of november

and after for christmas? And then for summer 2020? 

i just want to say : as usual 

first it was for august, then september then blabla

it’s too long for me to be taken for a dumb

i give up and will wait for black desert to play with friends

I could be completely wrong but I'm picturing Microsoft quality control saying "Nope, that rubbish isn't hitting our store, it isn't ready.". Wildcard are then blaming Microsoft for the delay.

I've raised a ticket with Nitrado to cancel my pre-order and am looking through the Microsoft Store to see if I can cancel there instead. The whole situation is a mess. Why take pre-orders just days before release for a product which hasn't been approved? Nitrado are being pretty awesome about everything and have even thrown in 10% extra server time but they can't fix the root problem. Meanwhile the guys who are actually to blame are hiding away.

23 minutes ago, RickHolt said:

I could be completely wrong but I'm picturing Microsoft quality control saying "Nope, that rubbish isn't hitting our store, it isn't ready.". Wildcard are then blaming Microsoft for the delay.

I've raised a ticket with Nitrado to cancel my pre-order and am looking through the Microsoft Store to see if I can cancel there instead. The whole situation is a mess. Why take pre-orders just days before release for a product which hasn't been approved? Nitrado are being pretty awesome about everything and have even thrown in 10% extra server time but they can't fix the root problem. Meanwhile the guys who are actually to blame are hiding away.

WC said to contact Nitrado but i think youd have a better shot with microsoft. Thats like buying a dell computer from best buy and contacting dell for a return. Maybe im wrong but i think Nitrado will direct you to MS being as they took your money

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Slark said:

WC said to contact Nitrado but i think youd have a better shot with microsoft. Thats like buying a dell computer from best buy and contacting dell for a return. Maybe im wrong but i think Nitrado will direct you to MS being as they took your money

Nitrado wouldn't direct anyone to Microsoft. People have pre-ordered a server from Nitrado. That is it. If people want refunds for the server they have pre-ordered, regardless of whether it's because ARK XBox [PC] hosting server capability are delayed then it is Nitrado that is required to deal with that refund request. Nobody that has pre-ordered a server from Nitrado has paid Microsoft or Wildcard for anything.

I have rented a server from SurvivalServers. If I have an issue with that or want a refund or cancellation then I go to SurvivalServers. No-one would be going to Wildcard.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

Nitrado wouldn't direct anyone to Microsoft. People have pre-ordered a server from Nitrado. That is it. If people want refunds for the server they have pre-ordered, regardless of whether it's because ARK XBox [PC] hosting server capability are delayed then it is Nitrado that is required to deal with that refund request. Nobody that has pre-ordered a server from Nitrado has paid Microsoft or Wildcard for anything.

I have rented a server from SurvivalServers. If I have an issue with that or want a refund or cancellation then I go to SurvivalServers. No-one would be going to Wildcard.

Yes but i have seen countless problems where people contacted nitrado cause they had issues with payment and werent sure if it went through and stuff like that and nitrado directed them to MS. So i can see them doing the same for refunds but i am not them so i cant speak with facts about that. But yes technically we did purchase for example "Nitrado 30 day 10 slot server" from microsoft. the receipt is from MS and is through MS but again i cant speak for sure how they are gonna handle it.

What bothers me is they went to twitchcon knowing they got stuff to do.. thing for them to do is give them self longer then a month get stuff oUT they need to give them selfs 2 months if it gets done earlier so be it and there loading them self with even more work like oberleration get the base game fixed then worry about dlcs. ..

• Wildcard Community
36 minutes ago, Gigitypuff said:

What bothers me is they went to twitchcon knowing they got stuff to do.. thing for them to do is give them self longer then a month get stuff oUT they need to give them selfs 2 months if it gets done earlier so be it and there loading them self with even more work like oberleration get the base game fixed then worry about dlcs. ..

I can assure you that 1) not everyone from wildcard was at twitchcon and 2) of those that were, we were working on aberration even while we were at twitchcon.

2 hours ago, GP said:

I think that there is a good chance they will direct me to Microsoft. The purchase was made through the Microsoft Store. The whole renting on Xbox situation is a mess. Being forced to use the Xbox Store to pay a third party to host a server for another third party is bound to cause issues. Throw in WCs record for meeting targets and it all becomes a headache.

When you rented a server from SurvivalServers I'm assuming you paid them directly? That's the difference.

8 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

You guys throw around the word "lie" like you have no idea what it actually means.... There have been ZERO "lies" just a lot of bad luck for WC and the community is to busy trying to crap on them to actually appreciate the work they do. This community has gotten so toxic and hateful its ridiculous 

There have been plenty of lies mate. One for example being that the Xbox one X would run at 60fps on Ultra graphics. This was anounced along with Ragnarok back at E3. They also said the one X would not have host tether which got a lot of people excited. It turns out the game will now only run at 30fps with lesser graphics than anounced and tether will still exist. I honestly pre-ordered my one x for inproved ark performance so rip that. Should still be pretty good, but not as good as was hyped up at E3...Wildcard constantly hypes up their game, gets the avid players excited, then fails to deliver. When you set a date, or say that the game will have a highlighted feature, and then it does not... what else if that if not a lie? Its certainly not the truth. Does it have to be a pinky promise or something to be considered a lie then?

28 minutes ago, Omezin said:

There have been plenty of lies mate. One for example being that the Xbox one X would run at 60fps on Ultra graphics. This was anounced along with Ragnarok back at E3. They also said the one X would not have host tether which got a lot of people excited. It turns out the game will now only run at 30fps with lesser graphics than anounced and tether will still exist. I honestly pre-ordered my one x for inproved ark performance so rip that. Should still be pretty good, but not as good as was hyped up at E3...Wildcard constantly hypes up their game, gets the avid players excited, then fails to deliver. When you set a date, or say that the game will have a highlighted feature, and then it does not... what else if that if not a lie? Its certainly not the truth. Does it have to be a pinky promise or something to be considered a lie then?

Xbox one X has two modes for Ark. 60 fps at current graphics and 30 fps at increased graphics. I didn't see the announcement from E3 but I have not seen anything saying those two things won't happen. Not a lie. And if you think overhyping for marketing is a lie then every game developer out there lies. I'll give you a word of advice, NEVER base an opinion on ANYTHING off of prerelease hype. You ignorantly imply WC is the only one that does this. Note that I'm not defending then, but saying it's not uncommon so get your panties out of a wad.

Also it will have no tether for local splitscreen, but due to technical issues it could not be removed on remote non dedicated servers. Again, a half truth perhaps, but not an out right lie. Wording is important in marketing and the fact that you misinterpreted their Intentionally misleading remarks doesn't make them liers, rather good advertisers.  

Try again to find an out right lie, as I personally have struggled to. There were some "we want to do this... We can't do that" moments. But again they never said "Ark will 100% have procedural bridges" they said "We're working on adding procedural bridges" if they WERE working on it and failed, or had to reprioritize it's still not a lie because they never guaranteed it. It's marketing tactics. And it works. Sure some people get mad here and there, but how many people couldn't give a rats ass about when a DLC comes out as long as they enjoy it? The answer is probably a lot bigger portion of the player base than you think. Only the complainers are super vocal though.

Archived