Nitrado servers delayed again?!?

Slark

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BladeChaser2516 said:

If you read the crunch it doesn't sound like it's WC fault sounds like Microsoft are the ones having the issue. WC are sending engineers to Microsoft to help fix the issue. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

Yea i just read it also. Although i wouldnt say its Microsofts fault for finding it, id say its WC for not picking up on there error before it was sent. I just dont see how that puts it in Nov. They should be fixing it today/tomorrow and having it in cert mid week. In the end its my fault for thinking it would be here on time lmao

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, Slark said:

Yea i just read it also. Although i wouldnt say its Microsofts fault for finding it, id say its WC for not picking up on there error before it was sent. I just dont see how that puts it in Nov. They should be fixing it today/tomorrow and having it in cert mid week. In the end its my fault for thinking it would be here on time lmao

No-one is at fault here. The recent update on it clearly states that the issue they have experienced has only been present at Microsoft's offices so clearly there is something wrong that is not necessarily something easily replicated in other setups which would explain why the issue was not seen prior to going to Microsoft. They have also clearly stated that they are required, due to regulations preventing remote debugging, to send engineers TO Microsoft's offices to help assist in fixing the issue. No-one should expect any of that to happen in a day.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

No-one is at fault here. The recent update on it clearly states that the issue they have experienced has only been present at Microsoft's offices so clearly there is something wrong that is not necessarily something easily replicated in other setups which would explain why the issue was not seen prior to going to Microsoft. They have also clearly stated that they are required, due to regulations preventing remote debugging, to send engineers TO Microsoft's offices to help assist in fixing the issue. No-one should expect any of that to happen in a day.

Yes wildcard is at fault. If there system didn't catch it it's there fault for not having a good enough system\devs. Plain and simple lol. And yeah maybe not a day but early nov is gonna turn into mid-end nov if we're lucky lol

3 minutes ago, Unearthedimp1 said:

I pre-ordered and got the email as well.  I am sick of Wildcard and their poor communication and missing deadlines. If i didn't already pre-order the server I probably would just give up at this point...

Exactly. They should of set a release date once they knew everything was good and ready to go. Not set a date and have the cert going in the week of last minute. It's sad because any other buisness ran like this would be long gone. But they have a great game to keep them afloat but that won't last forever

What this tells me is that WC wasn't diligent enough in their testing.  Microsoft found the bug probably because of more strenuous testing.  If we look back at the performance of Ark and all the bugs that we have encountered and dealt with over the past couple of years, it is pretty easy to see that WC does not have a very good cert process.  Don't get me wrong, I am not out to bash these guys.  I love this game and that is a large part of my frustration.  A game I love to play hardly ever works right for me.  

For those that don't know, because WC doesn't release information, server rentals have been delayed yet again. Nitrado was nice enough to send out emails to those of us that pre-ordered servers to inform us that WC is having difficulties with this next update, so rentals will hopefully begin in November.

This is getting ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Slark said:

Yes wildcard is at fault. If there system didn't catch it it's there fault for not having a good enough system\devs. Plain and simple lol. And yeah maybe not a day but early nov is gonna turn into mid-end nov if we're lucky lol

You shouldn't say someone is at fault when you are completely ignorant of the situation. Do you understand how computer systems work? Do you understand that it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to replicate the network of Microsoft's Live program in any way shape or form? And that remote debugging is likely not allowed as a security measure put in place and enforced by Microsoft? Literally none of this is WildCards fault. The ONLY thing you could say is their fault is disappointing you. They gave a date, an uncontrollable circumstance delayed that date. The resolution to absolve them of any "wrong doing" would be to keep you completely in the dark about everything and then suddenly release it.  That would be foolish in their part as marketing hype is essential.  

1 hour ago, Archone said:

You shouldn't say someone is at fault when you are completely ignorant of the situation. Do you understand how computer systems work? Do you understand that it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to replicate the network of Microsoft's Live program in any way shape or form? And that remote debugging is likely not allowed as a security measure put in place and enforced by Microsoft? Literally none of this is WildCards fault. The ONLY thing you could say is their fault is disappointing you. They gave a date, an uncontrollable circumstance delayed that date. The resolution to absolve them of any "wrong doing" would be to keep you completely in the dark about everything and then suddenly release it.  That would be foolish in their part as marketing hype is essential.  

If I were to design a engine for a car and the cars engine has problems before it makes it to the dealer who's at fault? Me. Try again 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Slark said:

They made a little paragraph about it in something they know not many people read mean while nitrado went to social media and email which is way more popular. I had no clue they posted that till nitrado linked me. Try again

No need to try again. Facts are facts.

The engine inherently had flaws. A system not being compatible is not an inherent flaw.

The car having a Bluetooth control that allowed me to drive the car remotely not functioning with my third party Bluetooth network would be the equivalent. In that case it is not your fault that the communication between the car and my Bluetooth doesn't work, however it would be appropriate for you to send a technician to me to help determine what the issue is and make sure the product is compatible with my system.

Try again

Edit: Your ignorance of how computer systems interact and the unforeseen issues that arise when attempting to launch a service (such as BattleEye which is the component causing the delay I believe) will prevent you from ever accepting that this is not a problem that is WCs fault, and rather an obstacle they must overcome. You can feel hurt and entitled all you want, it will never change the situation though.

3 minutes ago, Archone said:

The engine inherently had flaws. A system not being compatible is not an inherent flaw.

The car having a Bluetooth control that allowed me to drive the car remotely not functioning with my third party Bluetooth network would be the equivalent. In that case it is not your fault that the communication between the car and my Bluetooth doesn't work, however it would be appropriate for you to send a technician to me to help determine what the issue is and make sure the product is compatible with my system.

Try again

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt saying I don't know everything about video game develop. But As a company that's single job is to devolop a game I don't understand how you can say it's not there fault even a little when they give a dead line and don't meet it simply because they didn't test there game before hand. They test it the week of?

4 minutes ago, Slark said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt saying I don't know everything about video game develop. But As a company that's single job is to devolop a game I don't understand how you can say it's not there fault even a little when they give a dead line and don't meet it simply because they didn't test there game before hand. They test it the week of?

Again you are making assumptions that they didn't test. Did you read what they posted on their site about this? These issues ONLY occurred in MICROSOFT'S network. Thus there is zero chance that they could have tested for this, as it's an issue with something inside the Microsoft network.  The fact that they have to delay because if you is unfortunate, but of all the delays to complain about, this is literally the only one that I believe reasonably had little to no easy to foresee or prepare for. It didn't exist until it went into someone else's network.

Surprise, surprise. Just had the e-mail to say the servers have been delayed AGAIN. Not happy as pre-orders have actually been taken this time and payments made. I'm looking for how to get a refund.

I understand delays when dates are provided months in advance but pre-orders only started a few days ago, how did the delay come at such short notice!?

I can't be bothered any more. No more DLC / server payments from me.

Well now I'm pissed off at WC for the foreseeable future, not even two days left until Rented Servers come out and they're delayed again, WC blames MS but I think it's BS because it's oddly convenient that Aberation DLC got delayed only a a day or so before the rented servers and all announced on a live stream at a CON for everyone to see, that's either extremely idiotic planning or purposely planned just to really piss off the fanbase all at once, I mean really this couldn't have gone any worse and now WC has another PR nightmare for them to fail to smooth over again and I don't think any amount of false promises will fix it this time.

I know I should've expected this but when your tribe is counting up every item and dino they have so they can replicate it all on a rented server and pick up where they left off,  just to get away from no official support, grieffing,roll backs,dupping,crashing,disconnects,lag, and other BS that makes Official Servers nearly unplayable unless they're heavily policed by good players or are mostly abandoned by players going to newer maps, then this BS happens and it really drives you away to other games that aren't ark.

27 minutes ago, RickHolt said:

Any idea how we cancel the pre-orders? I'll just wait and see if they ever actually get released instead.

I don't care who's fault it is this time. It's always the same old story.

Contact Nitrado about cancelling. So long as you don't have some form on contract precluding the cancellation (Which I'm 90% sure they don't try to do) their customer service department should be able to help you process a refund.  Hope you get your money back.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, RickHolt said:

Any idea how we cancel the pre-orders? I'll just wait and see if they ever actually get released instead.

I don't care who's fault it is this time. It's always the same old story.

Contact Nitrado Support, after all you purchased the server from them.

Dear Wildcard: 

From a young age most parents teach their kids not to lie. Moving forward we learn about relationships, COMITMENTS, ect ect. “Honesty is the best policy” is quite the common expression. No one likes to be lied to, and especially not repetitively. Please Wildcard, I BEG YOU! Learn to make a commitment, if you say something is going to happen, then you bust your butt to make sure that it does. Ark is my top favorite game, well over 1000 hrs played, but a big part of me wants to quit out of principle. Its not cute anymore. Stop messing with your player-base. Fix your game, no more false advertising, and no more setting a date then missing it by 2 months. No more releasing dates until you are 200% sure you can make that date. Seriously you are turning us against you.

In other news our pre-ordered Nitrado servers have been delayed again by Wildcard.

Archived