ARK at TwitchCon 2017!

Jatheish

3 minutes ago, X111 said:

they shouldn't announce any new DLC or updates UNTIL its passed CERT.

WC reminds me of Heihei, that cokerel in Moana. Unable to remember mistakes and keeps on swallowing that stone or walking into the side of the raft not learning from the first time round

How would they generate hype over constantly delayed content if they didn’t announce it at these conventions? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rickyh24 said:

How would they generate hype over constantly delayed content if they didn’t announce it at these conventions? 

sorry, I should have been more clear in that they should only confirm release dates after cert, my bad

by all means they should have a confirmation of something coming soon but DO NOT confirm the release date until after Cert.

also I would love to have a DLC released where it is a COMPLETE mystery. no spoilers as to animals, locations, tech, abilities etc.

imagine the excitement at finding out everything the map has to offer to you without any spoilers. make it a truly explorative situation. this isn't survival evolved when the manual to everything is provided before the release of the DLC

2 minutes ago, X111 said:

sorry, I should have been more clear in that they should only confirm release dates after cert, my bad

by all means they should have a confirmation of something coming soon but DO NOT confirm the release date until after Cert.

also I would love to have a DLC released where it is a COMPLETE mystery. no spoilers as to animals, locations, tech, abilities etc.

imagine the excitement at finding out everything the map has to offer to you without any spoilers. make it a truly explorative situation. this isn't survival evolved when the manual to everything is provided before the release of the DLC

They sort of did that with scorched earth. they didnt release much info and then just dropped the dcl on us. and it was proboably the only thing they have done the right way so far.

• Like 1

I guess WC misses all deadlines due to:

- bosses setting up very unrealistic and overambitious goals. In result studio is in constant feature creep mode. There is no time left for polishing exsisting features. 

- understaffed studio with overambitious plans for the game. 

- everyone knows each other at WC quite well, therefore no one is being punished for missing his deadline or messing sth up accordingly. In result employees are not kept in line and deadlines are missed constantly.  

All in all, I think current chaos and problems around ARK are caused by lack of proper project management at studio. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Cirilla227 said:

when do you guys think aberration will be released? I'm thinking start of November or mid November.

some time in November but with  no set day or time and to tell you no lie I think thay going to delay aberration again lol thay give us ragnarok half done so why not this one

Edited by Gummyball
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gummyball said:

some time in November but with  no set day or time and to tell you no lie I think thay going to delay aberration again lol thay give us ragnarok half done so why not this one

you do know Ragnorak is not is a mod map turned official by them? the rag devs are the ones you need to talk to about that yes they delay things but the completion of the Ragnorak map is up to the people who are making it. They even stream working on it which is fun to watch. separate people working on different maps. The Center is another map that they didn't finish cause they could not cause the guy doing it stopped. As for aberration, I think honestly it will be out in November. Its not that far from being done from watching the streams. I can see why it would never had made the October date they should have said thanksgiving honestly.

Edited by Cirilla227

4 minutes ago, Cirilla227 said:

you do know Ragnorak is not is a mod map turned official by them? the rag devs are the ones you need to talk to about that yes they delay things but the completion of the Ragnorak map is up to the people who are making it. They even stream working on it which is fun to watch. separate people working on different maps. The Center is another map that they didn't finish cause they could not cause the guy doing it stopped.

oh I very much know that its just if thay can give us a half done game and half done dlcs thay can do the same with aberration., not that I want  aberration to be full with bugs but its just there was so much things thay had us excited for and so much things that had been ivor delayed or cancelled it just sucks in so many ways but even after all that I'm still going to support them^_^ 

1 minute ago, Gummyball said:

oh I very much know that its just if thay can give us a half done game and half done dlcs thay can do the same with aberration., not that I want  aberration to be full with bugs but its just there was so much things thay had us excited for and so much things that had been ivor delayed or cancelled it just sucks in so many ways but even after all that I'm still going to support them^_^ 

yeh ill play it since I can run the game fine without lag I just hope that they do get it to us this next month because those streams made me want to play even more. Ark needs this new DLC to bring people back and most of us are waiting on it and are not playing till then. lets just all hope we get some news this weekend in the weekly news update.

• Volunteer Moderator

I have removed some off-topic convo that is starting drag this thread away from its intenet.

If you want to discuss Twitchcon, Aberration, S+, or Xbox hosting, have at it.  For the other topics, plenty of open threads around the forums for you to give your input.

Also, let's keep out the rude comments; they reflect more poorly on you than the person you are insulting.

AWESOME! I like delays. It means you guys care more about quality then the potential fallout of angry fans. I also know how difficult it is to meet deadlines especially when you get overambitious. And overambitious means cooler games! Perhaps stop giving eta though? Let people whine in anticipation and then just or it or on the shelves. That would be a fun surprise! It's what I think you should do with updates too!

Guest DJRone89
21 minutes ago, Ingridy said:

Server rentable for xbox... It's myth  . I Don't buy...Took too long.

My 2 pre ordered servers say otherwise... ?

Guest DJRone89
On 24/10/2017 at 3:31 PM, Sinj said:

I am angry that I have to wait for my new toy! Waaaah!

When you’ve waited 2 months for something that other platforms have had access to, and then 2 days before the releae date (not an ETA) you get told it’s been delayed again (regardless of cause), you every right to be annoyed.

So no, your sarcasm is not wanted here.

• Wildcard Community
13 minutes ago, Crazyheads36 said:

Question about the collector's edition: Is there any way of buying it when you live in Belgium? Can't choose anything else than USA as country? Or will we be able to buy it later on? Or will we never be able to buy it?

As stated in this thread, better rates for international shipping are still being negotiated.

• Wildcard Community
13 minutes ago, jonin said:

if people can play it at the twitch event then why can't it be released?  .w.; 

The build that was available to play at Twitchcon is still under development. The map is a fraction of what the entire expansion will be, not all the creatures were present, and the balance for the taming mechanics haven't been finalized yet.