ARK at TwitchCon 2017!

Jatheish

People need to stop overreacting about the servers i mean whats so important about it, the way i see it, is that servers are a place where jerks and trolls hang out to ruin people's day. P.s love aberration cant wait for it, I understand delaying it we dont want a bunch of bugs and glitches in a DLC that people payed money for.

Edited by BTrickshot

Guest DJRone89

I’m happy you guys wrote a paragraph about the delayed Xbox Nitrado servers but your could have at least made it known, not the excuse of “It’s in our news article” when confronted about it.

If it weren’t for Nitrado personally emailing me about it, I would have never have thought to look.

You guys put out tweets all the time about less important stuff but some how neglect to mention something that will affect a lot of people.

Edit: The news article should be better titled.

Edited by DJRone89

50 minutes ago, BTrickshot said:

People need to stop overreacting about the servers i mean whats so important about it, the way i see it, is that servers are a place where jerks and trolls hang out to ruin people's day. P.s love aberration cant wait for it, I understand delaying it we dont want a bunch of bugs and glitches in a DLC that people payed money for.

The way you see it is simply one way of looking at it. The reason many people want servers is because we want to host our own, with friends. One of the (many) benefits of this is it'll be away from the trolls (and lag, tame caps etc) of official servers.

Many of us aren't even playing the game now, we're just waiting for the servers to become available.

Given that the Nitrado ones are delayed, I don't even want to think about what impact this will have on the Play Anywhere version :(

16 hours ago, PikaSaurus said:

Hate the delay, but I'm glad you're doing that rather than releasing it unfinished. Love you Wildcard, don't let the edgy, needy twelve year olds who whine over every eta get you down!

Also, I've never checked out S+, ill have to do that now!

Aberration looks gorgeous as well, you guys outdid yourselves on the awesome biomes! I hope we can bring aberrant variations to,the island!

It has nothing to do with 12 year olds whining over an ETA. It has to do with they missed pretty much EVERY date they ever set (including the release for the game itself) and wait till last minute to throw in a little paragraph where not many people read. Didnt even take to twitter when they know lots of people prepared for the 25th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTrickshot said:

Are you referring to the official servers or the Rented ones?

1 hour ago, TranqRex said:

The way you see it is simply one way of looking at it. The reason many people want servers is because we want to host our own, with friends. One of the (many) benefits of this is it'll be away from the trolls (and lag, tame caps etc) of official servers.

Many of us aren't even playing the game now, we're just waiting for the servers to become available.

Given that the Nitrado ones are delayed, I don't even want to think about what impact this will have on the Play Anywhere version :(

Exactly. I stopped playing months ago until the xbox rented ones are here. But as i saw in another thread, if they dont get here soon before the other major games get released (new COD, PUBG, etc..) wildcard will lose tons of players.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

I’m happy you guys wrote a paragraph about the delayed Xbox Nitrado servers but your could have at least made it known, not the excuse of “It’s in our news article” when confronted about it.

If it weren’t for Nitrado personally emailing me about it, I would have never have thought to look.

You guys put out tweets all the time about less important stuff but some how neglect to mention something that will affect a lot of people.

Edit: The news article should be better titled.

They tried to hide it but knew they had to say something. They made a little update in a spot where barely anyone would check. I also found out from nitrado and also found the paragraph about it in that article FROM NITRADO. There was no reason not a single employee could send out a tweet. Its disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, BTrickshot said:

Isn't hosting your own server already a thing?

on pc and ps4 yes. Not on xbox, this is what everyone is mad about. Well you could host a dedicated server but you need 2 xboxs they run like crap and crash and rollback 24/7. And if you have 10+ players or if a single person tames a bronto its unplayable.

And yes official servers are full of mega tribes, trolls, and alpha tribes who are dictators. This is why rented servers are wanted so bad

Edited by Slark

I think everyone is willing to wait for a quality product to be released HOWEVER what we are sick of enduring is the repeatedly missed dates. You have missed every release date you have set for yourselves since July of this year. You even gave a very ambiguous 31 day windows saying Abberration would come out in October. Now you're saying yet this year?

Who on your staff is coming up with your release timeframes and why haven't they been fired yet for being consistently off by 2-3 months!?

please, please please stop setting unrealistic timetables all you do is piss off your fan base when you fail to meet the dates you give us.

Edited by SirLohengrin
corrected a typo
  • Like 3

When Jen said a " surprise was coming that begins with A and ends in an N" i was praying for "ATTENTION" to the maps that already exist. Maybe be less interested flying around to events that will be just another showcase of broken promises and more interested in ACTUALLY delivering said content ON TIME FOR ONCE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1