so is there even a small chance we'll get to use SE and AB engrams on island?

shileka

1 hour ago, shileka said:

i'd love it if we could have the glider suit on every map, and the flamethrower would be cool to use on maps besides SE, is there ever a chance we'll get to use those DLC specific engrams in every map?

You already can, you just have to transfer your character to the map, learn the engram, and move back.

6 minutes ago, shileka said:

i'd love it if we could have the glider suit on every map, and the flamethrower would be cool to use on maps besides SE, is there ever a chance we'll get to use those DLC specific engrams in every map?

I'm pretty sure you can transfer these items over from one server to another. I know that my tribe recently traded a bunch of flame arrows over to an island server in exchange for some eggs. I could be wrong, but any SE BP's would likely be able to transfer over as well. As far as AB goes, I have no idea how that will work. Hopefully we can get some of that kewl stuff on RAG! :Jerblove:

24 minutes ago, Panatheous said:

I'm pretty sure you can transfer these items over from one server to another. I know that my tribe recently traded a bunch of flame arrows over to an island server in exchange for some eggs. I could be wrong, but any SE BP's would likely be able to transfer over as well. As far as AB goes, I have no idea how that will work. Hopefully we can get some of that kewl stuff on RAG! :Jerblove:

i hope they finish ragnarok soon, i don't want to play a map that's not finished yet

make more than one character, play in more than one map, and trade items and resources using the obelisks, this is going to be useful in many ways:

You can trade items not present on a type of map.

You can learn different engrams in every map, thus having them all without the need to reset everything with a potion.

Some maps are more rich in resources than others, use this in order to produce things faster. The center has an island extremely rich in metal (blue obelisk), ragnarock has so many accessible obsidian near viking bay, scorched earth has salt, sulphur, etc.

The tame limit is 200 tames per map even in singleplayer, you couldn't have them all if you want both females and males in order to get the mate boost. Divide your tames between maps in order to experience different syles of play.

Also, the possibility to play in more than one map is making me enjoy the game even more.

1 hour ago, shileka said:

yeah but for example a boomerang needs sand to craft, so on the island you're boned, i mean use them on other maps without having to transfer

They're probably not gonna allow that anywhere besides ragnarok, so i'd suggest stockpiling resources and transferring them to last a long time.

59 minutes ago, shileka said:

i hope they finish ragnarok soon, i don't want to play a map that's not finished yet

I can understand your hesitation, but even though the map is incomplete, it allows access to far more biomes than any other map and it's a very enjoyable experience! I highly recommend that you check it out!

I still havent done a character transfert yet, it scare the crap out of me for some reason.  Is it possible to create a new character on another map and then transfert a Dino to that character?  

I think I would prefer having separate character on different servers. Leveling a character with a high level and damage output  tamed dino should be easy right?

3 hours ago, Panatheous said:

Rag has no plans to integrate abberation content aside from environmental textures and props.

Archived