Refund issued

Toni

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rboy said:

There was never a grey area what the date of release is concerned.

my apologies then. thats why i said "i believe it said" cuz i wasnt sure. i thought it said 2017 release at first i didnt realize it said october release that day with the season pass. With that being the case then i do believe there is no question about refund, same as the xbox servers. We arent getting something that we paid to have on a specific date. We may get it eventually, but we paid to have it a certain day.

Just now, Slark said:

my apologies then. thats why i said "i believe it said" cuz i wasnt sure. i thought it said 2017 release at first i didnt realize it said october release that day with the season pass. With that being the case then i do believe there is no question about refund, same as the xbox servers. We arent getting something that we paid to have on a specific date. We may get it eventually, but we paid to have it a certain day.

No worries. I also had to go double check.

31 minutes ago, Rboy said:

Not true.

The season pass dropped 29 September, that same night, the trailer was release indicating October 2017.

Yep, putting that in the trailer was dumb... however that's not what I'm talking about. 

What I'm saying is that every piece of print I saw that actually spelled out what the season pass covered said 1 DLC this year, and one the next.  They are adding a month now (not a specific date) but I don't remember that being the case at the time... though admittedly memory can be a fickle thing.  Personally I could care less about the exact date of release as long as it is fun when it comes out, and I seriously doubt that you'll find anyone that considers anything in a trailer (for a game or for a movie) to be guaranteed 100% accurate.

I think if I were going to get that concerned about it I'd probably be more concerned that when Aberration drops they might also cease selling the season pass.  I have no idea if that will happen, but there doesn't seem to be much need for it after this  DLC drops and it would simplify things as far as Steam pricing is concerned.  Not a huge deal either way, we're only talking about a few bucks, but some folks like to be super thrifty with their gaming dollars so I suppose it's worth mentioning.

27 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Yep, putting that in the trailer was dumb... however that's not what I'm talking about. 

What I'm saying is that every piece of print I saw that actually spelled out what the season pass covered said 1 DLC this year, and one the next.  They are adding a month now (not a specific date) but I don't remember that being the case at the time... though admittedly memory can be a fickle thing.  Personally I could care less about the exact date of release as long as it is fun when it comes out, and I seriously doubt that you'll find anyone that considers anything in a trailer (for a game or for a movie) to be guaranteed 100% accurate.

I think if I were going to get that concerned about it I'd probably be more concerned that when Aberration drops they might also cease selling the season pass.  I have no idea if that will happen, but there doesn't seem to be much need for it after this  DLC drops and it would simplify things as far as Steam pricing is concerned.  Not a huge deal either way, we're only talking about a few bucks, but some folks like to be super thrifty with their gaming dollars so I suppose it's worth mentioning.

They have since changed the season pass on steam to indicate November for the release of aberration, but if you go to the actual aberration DLC page on steam, it still has October 2017 for release (Not just in the trailer, this is the page for the DLC itself)

15 minutes ago, KingGalahad said:

They have since changed the season pass on steam to indicate November for the release of aberration, but if you go to the actual aberration DLC page on steam, it still has October 2017 for release (Not just in the trailer, this is the page for the DLC itself)

Forgive me KingGalahad, I mis clicked and almost altered your post instead of quoting it.  My apologies.

It's totally possible it was up at the time and I just didn't notice it, I already knew a general time frame and that's all that was really necessary.

I'm sorry I can't share your sense of outrage on this guys, I really am.  It's just that I realized a long time ago that any release date in the gaming industry (by any company) can and probably will end up being altered at some point.  That's likely a side effect of being pretty close to the only type of software development that feels pressure to make it's release dates a matter of public knowledge.  Not ideal I'll grant you, but if I'm going to get outraged about something, a delay in the release of any piece of software is pretty far down on the list.

16 minutes ago, KingGalahad said:

Wildcard doesn't take care of store page properly anyway. For example, there are still the old outdated EA requirements for Mac and Linux PCs meanwhile steam one's are up to date.

2 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Forgive me KingGalahad, I mis clicked and almost altered your post instead of quoting it.  My apologies.

It's totally possible it was up at the time and I just didn't notice it, I already knew a general time frame and that's all that was really necessary.

I'm sorry I can't share your sense of outrage on this guys, I really am.  It's just that I realized a long time ago that any release date in the gaming industry (by any company) can and probably will end up being altered at some point.  That's likely a side effect of being pretty close to the only type of software development that feels pressure to make it's release dates a matter of public knowledge.  Not ideal I'll grant you, but if I'm going to get outraged about something, a delay in the release of any piece of software is pretty far down on the list.

There wouldn't be such outrage, unless WC kept missing its deadlines for over 2 years. Simple as that.

7 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

For me it isn't even outrage. It is pure and simple disappointment. I find it sad and disappointing that once again, they have over estimated their abilities and will once again be delaying something. I would have expected when they announced September 1st that Aberration would be releasing in October, that development of that DLC was mostly finished. Apparently that was not the case. I do feel a bit of outrage towards Wild Card right now, but that is because of the fact they have once again missed their own deadline for the PC hosted servers for Xbox. The truly pathetic part there, was I only found out about the delay because of an e-mail that the hosting company sent me. Wild Card did make an announcement of the issue, but it was buried in an unrelated thread, as hosted servers have nothing to do with Ark at TwitchCon (unless it is the fact Wild Card spends more time at conventions than actually working on the issues with their game)

3 hours ago, powerstuck said:

And let's be honest (even if WC won't be)...who in their sane mind announces in very particular way a DLC in the same week their main product officially releases ? 

Who in their sane mind takes away attention from something they worked two years on, to put it onto something else ?

I will tell you who...people who are in deer need of cash. People who don't care about anything else but making their pockets heavier with money. 

You'd make a killing writing fairy tales dude.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

There wouldn't be such outrage, unless WC kept missing its deadlines for over 2 years. Simple as that.

To be fair, there's no happy medium. You make an estimate (as Wildcard consistently makes use of saying ETA rather than deadline to hammer the point that it's a best guess scenario) and fail to make it, the community moans about delays. You make an estimate and actually achieve that estimate and people will complain on and on about the bugs they find, and say that it should have been in development longer. And if you were to just say "it'll be ready when it's ready" you get derided to the point of being a meme, like Valvetime or Blizzardtime.

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

To be fair, there's no happy medium. You make an estimate (as Wildcard consistently makes use of saying ETA rather than deadline to hammer the point that it's a best guess scenario) and fail to make it, the community moans about delays. You make an estimate and actually achieve that estimate and people will complain on and on about the bugs they find, and say that it should have been in development longer. And if you were to just say "it'll be ready when it's ready" you get derided to the point of being a meme, like Valvetime or Blizzardtime.

I stated in another post the best way to go about all of it (better then meeting a deadline on the right date) is to set a date. Set a date you know is longer then you need, and release it early. Noone will ever be mad about an early release. Everyone wins. Wildcard doesnt have to rush cuz they gave themself extra time, and the players get an update early. I wish they would just understand that tactic.

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

The same small group of unrealistic "customers" are going to bitch at Wildcard no matter what happens. Jat could ride a bicycle across the country to hand-deliver absolutely perfect versions of Ark on velvet pillows to these customers, come inside, clean their house, make them dinner, bathe them, tuck them in, read them a bedtime story, and guard the bed from monsters all night...and you know what would happen? Those same people will get on the forums the next day to complain about Jat riding a Huffy bicycle and not a Schwinn. 

We've got people who "invested" $20 into a game two years ago now acting like this horrible tragedy has given them PTSD. It's borderline-Borderline behavior....over $20. That's 3 trips to McDonald's folks...and I can 100% guarantee you that a video game, even if still buggy, is more valuable than 3 Big Macs, 3 soggy paper cups of fries, and 3 buckets of wet sugar. It's $20. That's 1.75 movie tickets...and I can 100% guarantee you that the video game, even if still buggy, is more valuable than going to see a movie with an Oompa Loompa.

...but noooooo...this is atrocity. Wildcard is evil. They're money hungry cash monsters. They should be brought up on war crimes. Everyone should call their Attorney General and the BBB. This is serious business. Serious business! Serious business!!! 

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, Slark said:

I stated in another post the best way to go about all of it (better then meeting a deadline on the right date) is to set a date. Set a date you know is longer then you need, and release it early. Noone will ever be mad about an early release. Everyone wins. Wildcard doesnt have to rush cuz they gave themself extra time, and the players get an update early. I wish they would just understand that tactic.

You quite literally have people in this community saying that they are taking PTO/going on holiday for update releases, I'm fairly certain those people would be pissed that they have to work through an update launch.

3 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

The same small group of unrealistic "customers" are going to bitch at Wildcard no matter what happens. Jat could ride a bicycle across the country to hand-deliver absolutely perfect versions of Ark on velvet pillows to these customers, come inside, clean their house, make them dinner, bathe them, tuck them in, read them a bedtime story, and guard the bed from monsters all night...and you know what would happen? Those same people will get on the forums the next day to complain about Jat riding a Huffy bicycle and not a Schwinn. 

We've got people who "invested" $20 into a game two years ago now acting like this horrible tragedy has given them PTSD. It's borderline-Borderline behavior....over $20. That's 3 trips to McDonald's folks...and I can 100% guarantee you that a video game, even if still buggy, is more valuable than 3 Big Macs, 3 soggy paper cups of fries, and 3 buckets of wet sugar. It's $20. That's 1.75 movie tickets...and I can 100% guarantee you that the video game, even if still buggy, is more valuable than going to see a movie with an Oompa Loompa.

...but noooooo...this is atrocity. Wildcard is evil. They're money hungry cash monsters. They should be brought up on war crimes. Everyone should call their Attorney General and the BBB. This is serious business. Serious business! Serious business!!! 

I dont think anyone really said that except the one guy who said theyre doing everything for money cuz theyre money hungry. I think money is a factor but not that bad. And of course you are ALWAYYYYS ALWAYYYS gonna have someone complain about something. The first rule in business is you cant please everyone so dont try. I really dont think its the end of the world (to most people lol) but i think its just getting under most peoples skin when theye literally missed almost every date they have ever set. I personally dont expect them to be perfect but i think 9/10 dates missed is just a little excessive and they dont communicate it nearly good enough. we are all still gonna wake up tomorrow. ( i shouldnt say that cuz not everyone does but u get the point)

3 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

You quite literally have people in this community saying that they are taking PTO/going on holiday for update releases, I'm fairly certain those people would be pissed that they have to work through an update launch.

You are right i shouldnt say noone will complain. there is always someone. but i think we can agree it will be much less

37 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Unfortunately, this is released game for 60$, so customers expect better estimated time of arrival than in Early Access. This is how it is regarldess if we like it or not. If WC managed to release the update on certain ETA, I would assume everything was tested by QA and it was ready to be released. If something is broken in the patch, WC takes full resposibility for it and people have all rights to complain. 

In case of Valve, they do not have to develop games anymore due to income from Steam. I respect developers who has courage to say openly "when it's done". After over 2 years I thought they know each other well enough to improve their ETAs, but this is not the case here.

8 minutes ago, Slark said:

we are all still gonna wake up tomorrow. ( i shouldnt say that cuz not everyone does but u get the point)

"SOME OF YOU ARE GOING TO DIE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -Slark

9 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Wait...seriously? People actually do that? I just assumed only crazy WoW players did stuff like that.

2 minutes ago, Majix said:

Why are you all surprised at the delay? And who the hell cares? You are gonna pay for it anyway, why refund it?  Basically what you are saying is you rather a Car with no doors on it & interior not finished, vs a finished product?  Get a god damn life you entitled kids.

I think you missed the point of everyone. (btw i didnt get season pass so this isnt me personally im just sharing my thoughts). But i dont think they are arguing getting it or not. I think (most) want the refund cuz they are fed up with the delays and arent getting it when promised so they dont want it at all. It was never a debate of it should be better later, it was supposed to be just as good either way. They werent supposed to get an unfinished product oct, it was supposed to be finished just like it will be in Nov. I will never win on here cuz everyone picks at any one word you misuse but i try to get the main point across. bottom line is there will always be someone to complain but WC could certainly do a better job with delays/communication.

So what, delays happen, its not like there is not other stuff to do in the 4 maps Officially.  Just if people were true fans of Ark, they would be patient and accept yes they need more time to polish the game. Yeah im bummed it isnt releasing this month, but oh well, me throwing a fit and complaining on forums isn't going to change anything.  Accept it and do something else in the meantime.

I'm just upset that steam refund policy is refused as I have played to much season pass, even though no additional has been added to my game. I already owned Scorched Earth prior to it. I just want my 2/3 discounted price paid back ( i bought 2/3 of season pass ) and my original SE.

As for skins as additional content, you can get them via in game means with or without season pass.

Just now, Majix said:

So what, delays happen, its not like there is not other stuff to do in the 4 maps Officially.  Just if people were true fans of Ark, they would be patient and accept yes they need more time to polish the game. Yeah im bummed it isnt releasing this month, but oh well, me throwing a fit and complaining on forums isn't going to change anything.  Accept it and do something else in the meantime.

i think most of us are true fans and thats why we stuck around this long. i personally am not throwing a fit i am simply debating and making suggestions in hopes to get through to someone at wildcard and make changes to the way things are handled in the future. After all that is how this world runs, we debate and try for change.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Unfortunately, this is released game for 60$, so customers expect better estimated time of arrival than in Early Access. This is how it is regarldess if we like it or not. If WC managed to release the update on certain ETA, I would assume everything was tested by QA and it was ready to be released. If something is broken in the patch, WC takes full resposibility for it and people have all rights to complain. 

In case of Valve, they do not have to develop games anymore due to income from Steam. I respect developers who has courage to say openly "when it's done". After over 2 years I thought they know each other well enough to improve their ETAs, but this is not the case here.

The thing is, literally anything can happen during QA that could cause a delay. If you think the released versions in updates are buggy then I guess it's fortunate that you are not one of the QA guys, as they find and experience more bugs than you do before content gets pushed out.

As for that justification about Valve, that's pretty flimsy. That's like saying Wildcard should get a pass on their delays because they sell 3d print dinos, shirts, and other merchandise. A game developer is still a game developer, regardless of how many other revenue streams they have, and as such should be held to a standard as a game developer.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived