Refund issued

Toni

10 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Just a question...but when did you purchase the season pass ? 

I mean 3000 hours equates to 125 days or 4 months. I am not even sure season pass was on sale 4 months ago. I would write again to Steam and question their math given a) The product wasn't available 3000 hours ago and b) Do they really think it is safe to spend 125 consecutive days playing a video game ?

EDIT : Per steam store page the Season Pass was released on August 29th. Now lets assume that happened at midnight on August 29th...today at 14:00 PM EST that would be 1334 hours ago. 

So...I would definitely challenge Steam on that answer.

Because Scorched Earth is included in the season Pass, the hours you played on Scorched Earth would then transfer to what the Season Pass holds. Kinda weird and confusing, but Steam is Steam.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, TheHellishCat said:

Because Scorched Earth is included in the season Pass, the hours you played on Scorched Earth would then transfer to what the Season Pass holds. Kinda weird and confusing, but Steam is Steam.

@powerstuck is right, you should challenge, odds are they'll give you the refund. It will also set a precedent for others in your position.

3 hours ago, Casanova said:

Why are you guys even suggesting that we won't be releasing the 3rd DLC. We ARE. This is how unfounded rumors get started, next it will be spread across the internet and featured in clickbait videos that we aren't releasing the 3rd DLC which is absolutely incorrect.

We are all trying to refund a product we bought from you - and at this point your biggest concern is a rumour and clickbaity videos?

Honestly.

21 minutes ago, Rboy said:

We are all trying to refund a product we bought from you - and at this point your biggest concern is a rumour and clickbaity videos?

Honestly.

Really it should be Steam's concern that they have poor product return policy, not Wildcard's, but when people start saying untrue things about a game and its developers, that is their concern.

Different issues for different groups

14 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

Really it should be Steam's concern that they have poor product return policy, not Wildcard's, but when people start saying untrue things about a game and its developers, that is their concern.

Different issues for different groups

You are missing the point. It not about the how, but the why.

Wildcard should, what this thread is concerned, address WHY people want refunds and WHY people think the next DLC might not arrive. Not the fluff surrounding it.

I do believe believe that the 3rd DLC will arrive as promised. However, you cant blame some people for thinking otherwise.

Stuff has been canned before without proper comms from the Devs unless it was asked in a digest. Why do players have to nag for info instead of proper communication from Wildcard? Dx12, on ground meshes, bridges, primal survival, SOTF are all examples of this. What ever happend to boss wars?

Back to this thread. People want refunds as they feel conned. Rightly so. We had the countdown website that created massive hype, when the timer ran out people were told to wait a month, everyone waited a month after bying the pass, then a week before the month was over, players saw ingame text 'about something very special'. This created even more hype. The stream came, just for them to say 'delayed for some weeks'.

Primal Survival was also delayed, delayed some more and then pretty much put on hold indefinitely.

15 hours ago, Casanova said:

Why are you guys even suggesting that we won't be releasing the 3rd DLC. We ARE. This is how unfounded rumors get started, next it will be spread across the internet and featured in clickbait videos that we aren't releasing the 3rd DLC which is absolutely incorrect.

To be honest and with respect, you guys are not listening again.

nothing new there! Perhaps you need to look at WHY they are asking for refunds?

I will NOT personally be spending any more money on this game or expansions.

you make promises and don’t deliver, you come up with 1/2 hearted fixes instead of fixing route problems, and despite claims to the otherwise you clearly DONT listen to what your player base Is trying to tell you.

there have been some good ideas you should at least be listening and even acknowledging but as usual, it’s heads in the sand.

The whole servers full/at Dino tame cap is nothing new. 

19 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Just a question...but when did you purchase the season pass ? 

I mean 3000 hours equates to 125 days or 4 months. I am not even sure season pass was on sale 4 months ago. I would write again to Steam and question their math given a) The product wasn't available 3000 hours ago and b) Do they really think it is safe to spend 125 consecutive days playing a video game ?

EDIT : Per steam store page the Season Pass was released on August 29th. Now lets assume that happened at midnight on August 29th...today at 14:00 PM EST that would be 1334 hours ago. 

So...I would definitely challenge Steam on that answer.

Not worth the time...

Anyway i will buy it again...

The issue is they give dates they WANT to meet and are going off hopes and dreams. The fact they give dates on something that is still a huge work in progress is wrong in so many ways. Its not like this is "Ark 2" where they already have previous experience with all of it and estimated time frames from experience. Its there first go at it which gives them so room for error and delay but that doesnt mean you can lie about it and push EVERY single thing back. Xbox servers were going through cert (which it didnt pass) 2 days before the release date (which is now pushed back). The Ab DLC had a release time when its not even finished. And when it is done, they are gonna need another month for when it goes to cert and fails and needs fixing probably once or twice. Its a fact that they've missed more deadlines then they haven't. They are in for a big surprise when all these big games get released soon. (COD PUBG ETC)

22 hours ago, Jerryn said:

I all fairness, they wanted a refund for the Season Pass.

The Season Pass includes Scorched Earth, but SE was creted and sold before there was a Season Pass.  And, from what I have seen, the Season Pass is discounted if you already have SE.

So, Steam is probably getting confused because they owned and played SE before getting the Season Pass (hopefully discounted).

I am currently having this exact issue, I declined because of 61 hours on the season pass. I owned Scorched Earth prior to that and only actually play on the island for 61 hours since i got Season pass.

Twice i have tried to make this known to Steam support both times just stock refund denied. As for returning the season pass nothing to do with the delay of abberation and more to do with my Ark Addiction.

reason to not buy a season pass

i bought scorched earth and never regret it, it's an amazing dlc

abberation looks average to me (the theme doesn't fit me, not saying the dlc quality is bad)

third (and last dlc) may be entirely my piece of fun then

but to buy a season pass is taking a risk, you do not know what you buy
better play safe and buy the dlc aither full price, or wait till the price is low enough for you to meet the standard (playtime versus cost)

22 hours ago, Jerryn said:

I don't have a problem with SE being part of the Season Pass; offers a good deal to other/new players.  But, for someone that gets Aberration and for some reason absolutely hates it within the first 2 hours, they probably should have a recourse of refunds; if they pre-purchases SE.  I think this is a case of where Steam's processes are not able to handle an EA, Launch, and DLC correctly.

I wonder if they have a similar issue with other Season Passes for other games?

Of course, even with the launch of Aberration, there is still one more DLC to come, so you still have to take it on some faith.  Aberration could launch with a huge success and then WC never does the third DLC; I don't think that will happen, but I always look at all of the scenarios.

I can say I am very exicited about Aberration, and it has nothing to do with being a moderator.  I have already told other players that Aberration will not be clustered for quite a while; same as we did with Ragnarok and Scorched Earth.

19 hours ago, Casanova said:

none ever spoke about you guys not releasing a third dlc tbh, the only one who ever mentioned such a thing was a moderator. and reading his texts doesn't say that you guys won't. it says that he looks at all scenarios, and that he also don't think that it will happen eitherway

Just now, raptorjesus666 said:

none ever spoke about you guys not releasing a third dlc tbh, the only one who ever mentioned such a thing was a moderator. and reading his texts doesn't say that you guys won't. it says that he looks at all scenarios, and that he also don't think that it will happen eitherway

Ya know what they say. Usually when you get defensive your hiding something...:o

But i do think they will release a 3rd dlc... could be 2019 but i dont see a reason they wouldnt.

33 minutes ago, Slark said:

The issue is they give dates they WANT to meet and are going off hopes and dreams. The fact they give dates on something that is still a huge work in progress is wrong in so many ways. Its not like this is "Ark 2" where they already have previous experience with all of it and estimated time frames from experience. Its there first go at it which gives them so room for error and delay but that doesnt mean you can lie about it and push EVERY single thing back. Xbox servers were going through cert (which it didnt pass) 2 days before the release date (which is now pushed back). The Ab DLC had a release time when its not even finished. And when it is done, they are gonna need another month for when it goes to cert and fails and needs fixing probably once or twice. Its a fact that they've missed more deadlines then they haven't. They are in for a big surprise when all these big games get released soon. (COD PUBG ETC)

And let's be honest (even if WC won't be)...who in their sane mind announces in very particular way a DLC in the same week their main product officially releases ? 

Who in their sane mind takes away attention from something they worked two years on, to put it onto something else ?

I will tell you who...people who are in deer need of cash. People who don't care about anything else but making their pockets heavier with money. 

3 minutes ago, Slark said:

Ya know what they say. Usually when you get defensive your hiding something...:o

But i do think they will release a 3rd dlc... could be 2019 but i dont see a reason they wouldnt.

earlier probably my guess is late 2018

1 dlc per year seems more then reasonable for me, but they have to be interesting

giant desert/wasteland was unique

caves, well the current caves in the island need a tons of work still (dinos spawning in the floor/behind walls and rocks forever unable to get moved out) so i'm not really a fan of caves

entire snow/water/aerial dlc's are more my type

1 minute ago, powerstuck said:

And let's be honest (even if WC won't be)...who in their sane mind announces in very particular way a DLC in the same week their main product officially releases ? 

Who in their sane mind takes away attention from something they worked two years on, to put it onto something else ?

I will tell you who...people who are in deer need of cash. People who don't care about anything else but making their pockets heavier with money. 

Cash and to bring back old players who got sick of the way things have gone down. But you cant bring them back if you haven't changed your ways. Not to mention the setups they have at these conventions are not cheap by any means...

I have the season pass, and if memory serves the basic deal was for 1 DLC this year and another one sometime next year.  Trying to pin it down to a specific month came later, which is reasonable and part of the usual marketing build up, but I rather expected that to shift around a bit depending on how development went.

I guess I'm a little bit old school, but I don't plan on raising an eye brow unless they drift completely past the dates the season pass outlined.  In other words, if Aberration doesn't end up being out this year for some reason.  Frankly, I'm not too worried that will happen.

3 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

I have the season pass, and if memory serves the basic deal was for 1 DLC this year and another one sometime next year.  Trying to pin it down to a specific month came later, which is reasonable and part of the usual marketing build up, but I rather expected that to shift around a bit depending on how development went.

I guess I'm a little bit old school, but I don't plan on raising an eye brow unless they drift completely past the dates the season pass outlined.

I can agree to that. I do believe it said one 2017 and one 2018 and the dates/delays came later. The only grey area would be people who bought the season pass recently when there was a specified time for the 2017 DLC.

22 hours ago, Casanova said:

You're absolutely correct there. As others have stated however, the concern should be placed on WHY people are looking for a refund. You guys really need a proper PR team to handle public announcements. 

1 hour ago, Slark said:

I can agree to that. I do believe it said one 2017 and one 2018 and the dates/delays came later. The only grey area would be people who bought the season pass recently when there was a specified time for the 2017 DLC.

When I bought the season pass, the date for aberration release was October 2017. They have since changed it to Fall 2017. I understand delays happen, but with Wild Card, it happens far too often. It is truly sad when they can't even gauge within a month when they will be releasing a DLC. They posted September 1st that Aberration would be releasing October 2017. Yet here we are near the end of October and they had to change the date to November, and are still being vague at that.

1 minute ago, KingGalahad said:

When I bought the season pass, the date for aberration release was October 2017. They have since changed it to Fall 2017. I understand delays happen, but with Wild Card, it happens far too often. It is truly sad when they can't even gauge within a month when they will be releasing a DLC. They posted September 1st that Aberration would be releasing October 2017. Yet here we are near the end of October and they had to change the date to November, and are still being vague at that.

yeah you are in the grey area i mentioned. the people who purchased it when there was a release date

22 hours ago, Casanova said:

Actions speak louder than words... Aberration was announced for October... Once again, another date missed. Maybe if Wild Card actually made some ETAs, we would be more trusting.

2 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

I guess I'm a little bit old school, but I don't plan on raising an eye brow unless they drift completely past the dates the season pass outlined.  In other words, if Aberration doesn't end up being out this year for some reason.  Frankly, I'm not too worried that will happen.

Not true.

The season pass dropped 29 September, that same night, the trailer was released indicating October 2017.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived