Refund issued

Toni

Just issued the refund on steam for the Season Pass.

You will get my money back when its finished...not a second earlier.

Announcing it with "Coming in Oct 2017" and then simply removing it without giving us a new date is an absolutely No-Go !

I do not have general problems with delays. Its finished when its finished. But the lack of communication is an ongoing problem of wildcard... I don't buy something which doesn't have a date.

And i simply do not care if they waste their time with TwitchCon and things like that instead of working on the game...

Would you buy a car if it is delivered "some time"? I don't think so....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They shouldn't give a date. Not even a month, let alone an actual day (or week).

Just announce something with maybe a season (e.g. "ARK: Aberration! Coming Winter 2017/18!") and if it arrived in the final weeks of October then great, everyone's happy and surprised to have it. All the whining and negativity could be avoided by simply managing their PR more effectively.

35 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

They shouldn't give a date. Not even a month, let alone an actual day (or week).

Just announce something with maybe a season (e.g. "ARK: Aberration! Coming Winter 2017/18!") and if it arrived in the final weeks of October then great, everyone's happy and surprised to have it. All the whining and negativity could be avoided by simply managing their PR more effectively.

They tried that once with "Game will be released in June, 2016". Didnt go as planned.

1 hour ago, GoodOmenz said:

Lucky you got a refund, I asked for one twice and steam refused as I had time on SE map which is part of the season pass ! 

Bare in mind that it was free content previously and clearly I had not played the DLC 

Bunch of clowns WC and steam 

I haven't got the refund too.  Explanation from Steam "You already played the game for 3000 hours".

So seems like the devs can make with the DLC what they want. Not even if this would never be released...we (customer) do not have a chance to get the refund.

46 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

had they said "summer 2016" nothing would have changed - they were still a year late with that estimate.

But again, that is just an example of having no clue what they're doing.

With Aberration, they knew they were likely to have it ready for Winter, Autumn maybe but Winter seems a pretty safe bet (given the demo we've seen and the "some weeks" estimation from Jat on Twitch over the weekend). Winter takes a good few months of next year into account, so that would've worked.

With the "June 2016" release they dramatically under-estimated their completion date so no, even a season wouldn't have worked. But if they'd stuck to their plans and not implemented 400 new creatures and decided to create some DLC as well then they could have said "Autumn 2016" and maybe made that. They gave themselves way too much to do and didn't help matters by forever expanding the to-do list, which they could have just done as 'added value' items after actual release.

It doesn't matter anyway, however you look at it they're terrible at project management :P

1 hour ago, Toni said:

I haven't got the refund too.  Explanation from Steam "You already played the game for 3000 hours".

So seems like the devs can make with the DLC what they want. Not even if this would never be released...we (customer) do not have a chance to get the refund.

Probably an unpopular opinion but you playing the game for over 3000 hours and trying to get a refund is like buying a car, driving it for a year or two then return it for a refund.
You probably didn't pay the retail price to begin with and you played over 3000 hours which should easily be worth the 20 or so Euro/Dollar that you paid for at the time.

I think the refund is only for people that have just bought the game and did not like it right away. Not for people to et their money back because they do not like what the game has become or are salty because of a change in the game.

But that's just my 2 cents...

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Morx said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but you playing the game for over 3000 hours and trying to get a refund is like buying a car, driving it for a year or two then return it for a refund.
You probably didn't pay the retail price to begin with and you played over 3000 hours which should easily be worth the 20 or so Euro/Dollar that you paid for at the time.

I think the refund is only for people that have just bought the game and did not like it right away. Not for people to et their money back because they do not like what the game has become or are salty because of a change in the game.

I all fairness, they wanted a refund for the Season Pass.

The Season Pass includes Scorched Earth, but SE was creted and sold before there was a Season Pass.  And, from what I have seen, the Season Pass is discounted if you already have SE.

So, Steam is probably getting confused because they owned and played SE before getting the Season Pass (hopefully discounted).

12 minutes ago, Morx said:

You're right - but you missed the part where OP says he wants to refund the Season Pass, because Aberration didn't actually release on time. He doesn't want a refund on ARK, he even says he'll probably part with the money again when the DLC is complete.

It's a tricky one, because the Season Pass would include Scorched Earth and of course, OP may have played that for a considerable amount of time. So despite the value being taken off the cost of the pass, SE is still a part of the pass and therefore counts when they say it can't be refunded. They'd have to refund him 66.666% of the cost but in doing so would probably invalidate his SE licence.

3 minutes ago, Morx said:

I buyed... ARK EA.... I buyed ARK Scorched Earth DLC.... both played together 3000 hours  --> Absolutely fine

I buyed the Season Pass --> Haven't played a second --> Can't refund it --> Reason: Scorched Earth is a part of the Season pass.  --> Not ok.

But like i already said... i will anyway buy it. What i want is only a simple communication (New date). If something i already paid isn't delivered...then it would be fine if i know how long its delayed.

But yeah, was my bad to already give them the money...Nothing new that they never hold any ETAs...

2 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

I all fairness, they wanted a refund for the Season Pass.

The Season Pass includes Scorched Earth, but SE was creted and sold before there was a Season Pass.  And, from what I have seen, the Season Pass is discounted if you already have SE.

So, Steam is probably getting confused because they owned and played SE before getting the Season Pass (hopefully discounted).

Yeah exactly thats the problem. We can't refund a non used Season pass because we already buyed Scorched Earth before the seasonpass.

This seasonpass should never had the scorched earth DLC included. Only Aberration and the next DLC.

But yeah... they got us...no nobody can refund that Season Pass...even if it was not played a second.

If I'm being honest, I completely agree with this stance. There should be an actual date and need to focus on actually making the deadline. I also have an issue as to how they are overcharging older players who purchased the SE DLC before any of this stuff was announced. We as a whole are getting jipped and treated as if we didn't matter. There should be an ACTUAL discount for the people who paid for SE. 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Toni said:

Yeah exactly thats the problem. We can't refund a non used Season pass because we already buyed Scorched Earth before the seasonpass.

This seasonpass should never had the scorched earth DLC included. Only Aberration and the next DLC.

But yeah... they got us...no nobody can refund that Season Pass...even if it was not played a second.

I don't have a problem with SE being part of the Season Pass; offers a good deal to other/new players.  But, for someone that gets Aberration and for some reason absolutely hates it within the first 2 hours, they probably should have a recourse of refunds; if they pre-purchases SE.  I think this is a case of where Steam's processes are not able to handle an EA, Launch, and DLC correctly.

I wonder if they have a similar issue with other Season Passes for other games?

Of course, even with the launch of Aberration, there is still one more DLC to come, so you still have to take it on some faith.  Aberration could launch with a huge success and then WC never does the third DLC; I don't think that will happen, but I always look at all of the scenarios.

I can say I am very exicited about Aberration, and it has nothing to do with being a moderator.  I have already told other players that Aberration will not be clustered for quite a while; same as we did with Ragnarok and Scorched Earth.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, InsaneGlitchXD said:

If I'm being honest, I completely agree with this stance. There should be an actual date and need to focus on actually making the deadline. I also have an issue as to how they are overcharging older players who purchased the SE DLC before any of this stuff was announced. We as a whole are getting jipped and treated as if we didn't matter. There should be an ACTUAL discount for the people who paid for SE. 

When I purchased the Season Pass, I got a 33% discount because I already owned SE.

I have had similar experiences on Steam when purchasing packages that included content I already owned....sometimes you even get a better price.

Just now, Jerryn said:

When I purchased the Season Pass, I got a 33% discount because I already owned SE.

I have had similar experiences on Steam when purchasing packages that included content I already owned....sometimes you even get a better price.

Oh, I thought  the discount I was seeing was for a short period discount. lol... The way  it looked to me was it was just knocking off the extra $19.99 down to $29.99 from $44.99. I thought the regular price was $29.99.

31 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Of course, even with the launch of Aberration, there is still one more DLC to come, so you still have to take it on some faith.  Aberration could launch with a huge success and then WC never does the third DLC; I don't think that will happen, but I always look at all of the scenarios.

The Steam page related to the season pass says: "The ARK: Survival Evolved Season Pass gives you access to three huge expansion packs:

ARK: Scorched Earth (available now) ARK: Aberration (coming November 2017) And a third Expansion Pack arriving Spring 2018!"

So, if they aren't going to release the third one, we are probably going to get a partial refund anyway.

Like you, I don't think that the third DLC will be abandoned if Aberration sells well, a decision like that wouldn't make any sense. During the last year, Ark declined in its position as one of the most played games on Steam, in the last months i've always seen it between the 6th to the 9th position, never above that. If Wildcard wants to capitalize on the popularity of its game, it makes more sense to do that while it is played by as many people as possible, and that number is dwindling.

4 hours ago, Toni said:

Just a question...but when did you purchase the season pass ? 

I mean 3000 hours equates to 125 days or 4 months. I am not even sure season pass was on sale 4 months ago. I would write again to Steam and question their math given a) The product wasn't available 3000 hours ago and b) Do they really think it is safe to spend 125 consecutive days playing a video game ?

EDIT : Per steam store page the Season Pass was released on August 29th. Now lets assume that happened at midnight on August 29th...today at 14:00 PM EST that would be 1334 hours ago. 

So...I would definitely challenge Steam on that answer.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived