DLC or fix the Base Game?

Joanna

Bring out 'premium servers' that you must pay a subscription fee to use. These servers could have better performance and no need for a server dino cap. By paying it will help WC earn more cash, while separating the people who are serious about the game from the casual players.

At this stage there's no chance in hell I'm buying their dlc when their base game needs so much attention first.

It is hard to compute that the base game has so many issues and we are going to be getting more DLC especially since the last DLC isn't even finished yet??? I am looking forward to the new content but it doesn't make sense to me that they haven't fixed the main game yet... but they did release DLC while the game was in testing too...

At this point I'm thinking they are on a mad run for the money

DLC to them means more money from people. Fixing game breaking bugs the playerbase have been complaining about for two years or fixing duping will not get them more money. The people complaining about these issues have already purchased the game. Money is already spent. Core fan base is being ignored for fooling new players into buying a DLC with the same flaws as base game.

Aren't the dlc maps needed for the core game Ark story? If you play the game and ascend as intended then the game story unfolds and the dlc maps will make sense.

I guess it depends on how you want to play the game. It might seem like they are pushing too much content but you need to realize that their vision for the game story is pretty huge. If you don't ascend yourself, then at least watch someone who is playing the game story.

If all you play is pvp servers and grind to attack and defend your base and tames then yes, it might seem as though WC is pushing too much content for no reason.

24 minutes ago, Rintrahhh said:

Aren't the dlc maps needed for the core game Ark story? If you play the game and ascend as intended then the game story unfolds and the dlc maps will make sense.

I guess it depends on how you want to play the game. It might seem like they are pushing too much content but you need to realize that their vision for the game story is pretty huge. If you don't ascend yourself, then at least watch someone who is playing the game story.

If all you play is pvp servers and grind to attack and defend your base and tames then yes, it might seem as though WC is pushing too much content for no reason.

This isn't true. I play PvE and all I want to do is progress and ascend. However now I am unable to progress anywhere in the game as my official server is tame capped.

As a result I would much rather WC fix the underlying issues with this game then push more content to milk players old and new.

I like the "Why not both?" idea but I think the main game should have more attention than DLCs. It's what new players will experience first and it'll decide if they even buy the DLCs. A decent tribe system would improve the staying power of players and increase revenue. I wonder why it's so hard to get an overhaul for that.

6 minutes ago, Jacira said:

This isn't true. I play PvE and all I want to do is progress and ascend. However now I am unable to progress anywhere in the game as my official server is tame capped.

As a result I would much rather WC fix the underlying issues with this game then push more content to milk players old and new.

Yes, I can certainly see your point. I reread your post about having a premium server for serious players. It's unfortunate that official servers get bloated with unnecessary things and have tame caps etc... that's also one reason they are so laggy.

I personally only play singleplayer and don't experience those issues and for me the game story is awesome and can't wait for the new dlc's.

I have played online and didn't care for it.

2 minutes ago, Rintrahhh said:

Yes, I can certainly see your point. I reread your post about having a premium server for serious players. It's unfortunate that official servers get bloated with unnecessary things and have tame caps etc... that's also one reason they are so laggy.

I personally only play singleplayer and don't experience those issues and for me the game story is awesome and can't wait for the new dlc's.

I have played online and didn't care for it.

I think when rentables comes out its best to play on those because they should run better because admins can get rid of bases when people are not active.

3 hours ago, Joanna said:

What do we really want?  More DLC content or a fix to the underlying problems with the base game, such as ever escalating lag?

Where would you like WC to invest their time and effort?  New shiney things or make what we currently have work?

Personally I would like both. That said, I would prefer that they fixed the majority of the underlying problems that have been plaguing ark for ages. I would suspect they need to sell the DLC in order to get the funding required to fix the base game. IMHO, the game was nowhere near ready to be fully released and they rushed that in order to rush out the DLC. Truthfully the game is no more finished now than it was months ago.

52 minutes ago, UnclearPixels said:

I think when rentables comes out its best to play on those because they should run better because admins can get rid of bases when people are not active.

True.

(Btw...I was googling ark fear evolved a little while ago for any new info and I happened to notice your YouTube video. Very good...I sure hope they do it this year. I also dropped you a follow on twitch. I love watching twitchrp and the whole role-playing community.)

33 minutes ago, Rintrahhh said:

True.

(Btw...I was googling ark fear evolved a little while ago for any new info and I happened to notice your YouTube video. Very good...I sure hope they do it this year. I also dropped you a follow on twitch. I love watching twitchrp and the whole role-playing community.)

lol ya thats me. thanks for supporting. Hope TwitchRp make its way to Console someday too 

The developers are indeed awesome. I remember back in feb when I started playing, I was in such awe of how this game looked and played that I haven't touched another game since. The developers generally do what they are told by the project managers and company executives. Now I don't blame wildcard to want more money but I believe they are losing sight of the big picture here. If you leave the state of your current game with the existing maps as it is and keep making more (incomplete/bugged) content then you may earn a few extra bucks in the short run, but you lose your popularity and goodwill, which in my opinion are more important. I don't think even those who voted for new dlc's in this thread would deny how bad the current state of the game is. 

7 hours ago, Jacira said:

Bring out 'premium servers' that you must pay a subscription fee to use. These servers could have better performance and no need for a server dino cap. By paying it will help WC earn more cash, while separating the people who are serious about the game from the casual players.

At this stage there's no chance in hell I'm buying their dlc when their base game needs so much attention first.

If you're going to pay to use a "premium" server, there's literally nothing stopping you from renting or buying your own server.

Fix the game, why anyone would want more DLC and pay for it when there are so many problems with the game, i wont support these indie style EA games anymore as alot nowa days are happy to release games that dont work as intended, then ignore their loyal fans and continue to release DLC without first fixing the core problems

Just now, WolfeUK said:

Fix the game, why anyone would want more DLC and pay for it when there are so many problems with the game, i wont support these indie style EA games anymore as alot nowa days are happy to release games that dont work as intended, then ignore their loyal fans and continue to release DLC without first fixing the core problems

You already supported them by buying the game. But, by all means, continue to protest, you go girl/boy/andanyothergenderneutralpronounthatisacceptablebytodayssociallyjusticyacceptabletermsofuseandservice

Let me enlighten you to something.

Whether you want Abberation or whether you want them to "Fix the base game" It don't matter.
They want to get Abberation out, so that's what they're going to do. It's what they are doing. The
game will get more patches and bug fixes, as it always does, in time.

The team spent the entire summer fixing the game so that it could be placed on retail shelves.
The game has improved, some of you who have been here long enough know this, but you're
being melodramatic by pretending like nothing has changed, when you know it has. 

Are there still issues? Yea, of course there are. There are issues that have existed since day 1.
They might well be there until the very last server is closed and the game ceases to exist.

I've never not heard of a MMO game that didn't suffer from lag. There may not be much they
can do about it, on the flip side, it might entirely lie on your end. It could be your ISP, weather,
your P.C, the amount of people online, THEIR Isp's, their computers, could be NSA, or FBI,
CIA, or any number of other factors that may simply be out of WC's control.

Or WC could be every bit the scummy, evil, greedy developers you are claiming to be.

I've yet to see the evidence of the latter, to be honest with you. Until I see pay-to-win,
microtransactions, lootboxes, cool-down timers on specific things in-game that can
only be bypassed with premium purchased in-game currency, then they never will be
the evil monsters some of you make them out to be.

Seriously.. it's funny. "They're greedy! they're making more DLC to trick people into
buying them!" Well raptor me raw, maybe you're right, maybe they are evil. We're all
in trouble if they sell that invention to the likes of EA and Activision. Why put in
gambling mechanics into your game when you can just some how remotely "trick"
people into giving them your money?

Fix the game, make DLC, in the end, it'll get sorted out. WC sets the priority and the
importance of it all. We're just along for the ride. Like it, love it, hate it, leave it.

In the end, you still gave them your money. You're the silly one if you decide to not
use what you bought.

Archived