Giga got to non-land access hill?

Charlie12345

A tribe has just been attacked on our server by another tribe.  The defending tribe were ontop of one of the hills in Ragnorak that has no land dino access.  The height of the hill was about 1.5 times the height of a giga. 

When I went to watch the raid the giga had somehow made it ontop of the small mountain section, despite there being no land dino access.  There were two quetzals also attacking.  Can a giga stand on a quetzal platform and be lifted up?  I cannot see any other way it could have gotten there.

2 hours ago, Charlie12345 said:

Thanks younevergetthis. 

Interesting that so many 'experienced' ark youtubers still go on about setting up a base where land dinos cant get up to, given they can be simply flown in. 

Still stands... I would have metal spikes, walls, turrets and plants round the edges of the edge... all round the bottom aswell... they might fly it up but can still make it hard for them

10 hours ago, Charlie12345 said:

Thanks younevergetthis. 

Interesting that so many 'experienced' ark youtubers still go on about setting up a base where land dinos cant get up to, given they can be simply flown in. 

To be fair, 1.5 times the height of a giga isn't that much to overcome. Heck, even without people knowing tricks like using a platform as a stepping stone, sometimes the game will glitch and let a dinos climb up areas where it seems like they shouldn't be able to go. When on a PvP server people should always have defenses, no matter how safe they feel. Locations that look like they should be safe when you don't have anything to compare them to will suddenly have obvious vulnerabilities the moment someone shows up with a giga or a titan (or often even lesser dinos). Unless you have a giga standing there while you'er doing the building it's really hard to see just how big they are and how capable of getting in to "invulnerable" locations.

Archived