BLACKCAT

List of Tame Capped Servers - Please Post

1 minute ago, Poliander said:

Nothing to do with that mate. you have solo players, you have new players and they have to compete with alpha tribes? ... And you are saying that rest have to make decisions based on that? I am trying not to insult you too much, but ... you are not making it easy mate. Not at all.

If the server cap is full, it would be fairly unwise for a new player to choose that to set up operations in.  For now they may have to consider the other options at their disposal.

1 minute ago, Celessii said:

New players experience on the server is not my responsibility.  It's wild cards.  Try putting your feet in their shoes. Just try.

There is plenty of room for new players, but if they want to do heavy breeding the restrictive environment on official servers may not be the best option for them.  At least not at the moment.  That's the reality of it.

thing is there was a heap of servers closed and only 1 pve island server at release  we now have 2 pve island servers but realistically should have been closer to 10 pve island server per region

this game cant support so many players on each server no matter what you do the constant lag that triples every x2 weekend so upping the server limit isnt an option too tbh all this would have been solved with more servers and not just two fact is oc island 97 is barely playable at best of times and now its also server capped only a matter of time till the other one gets capped

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, linuxslacker said:

thing is there was a heap of servers closed and only 1 pve island server at release  we now have 2 pve island servers but realistically should have been closer to 10 pve island server per region

this game cant support so many players on each server no matter what you do the constant lag that triples every x2 weekend so upping the server limit isnt an option too tbh all this would have been solved with more servers and not just two fact is oc island 97 is barely playable at best of times and now its also server capped only a matter of time till the other one gets capped

I'd be pretty happy to see more official servers of all types opened up... and no, I don't know what the plans are along that line unfortunately.  The point I'm making is that eventually the cap will be hit, even with the kibble rework and even if more servers are opened up.  At some point, whether it's now or 6 months from now, the inhabitants on an official PVE server are going to have to make some internal decisions and agreements about limiting the number of tames.

You know what I'm saying with this, and it's not a critique on how people want to play.  It's just not physically possible for everyone on an active server to tame and keep large numbers of everything.  Some restraint needs to be applied, especially right now.  Hopefully that will ease in the future, but that limitation will never fully go away.

My Ragnarok server is capped since weeks now, our little community has gone to poop, it's like you barely see anyone or build contacts anymore, because people hop from server to server to find any place to play, so this will happen to all servers likely, it's a great disappointment.

There are likely so many methods to increase server limit like a cloud to store dinos for longer than 24h, so people don't need bases on other servers just for storing their less used tames, also a lower cap for people on servers might help, if it's 70/70 it lags like hell anyway.

And of course remove players, permanently, who mass-tame dodos and build hundreds rafts just to hurt others gameplay (or reserve "their" 500 spots for future tames lol) this is truly sickening to even read on some servers.

Edited by ArkIfItOnlyWouldWork

We didn't hit the taming cap on our official server, now legacy server, before release. It was around for 2 years. So while I get the point that it might happen, it also might not. I don't have numbers on the number of active players playing Legacy vs Official, but take OC Island servers. There are currently 19 Legacy unsupported servers, and 2 official supported servers. The maths doesn't add up to me. Most legacy servers have fewer than 10 active players on, while the 2 officials are constantly around 30-50. 

To argue that its up to the players to work around restrictions on over crowded officials is unrealistic. If the demand is players need fewer tames, enforce this setting. If servers are too crowded, limit the number of players that can play at once to a more realistic number. Whatever WC decide is the intention for PVE servers, server settings should decide it, not unmanageable agreements between players...

4 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

That is a realistic limitation of the game that you are going to have to come to terms with

No. Players don't have to come to terms with poor implementation and asking them to do so is being unprofessional. When I buy a product, I cannot be asked to arbitrarily limit my usage of it when there is absolutely no fault of my own. When wildcard put this game on sale they should expect more than 50 people to buy it. And should act accordingly to accommodate them all by OPENING MORE SERVERS as more people join. And don't tell me this hasn't been an issue since the beginning. Every single pve rag server since official launch has been at 70/70 pop around the clock and people only stopped logging in when their servers began hitting the tame cap.

• Like 1

I played on legacy for months there never been a cap, not even on the Ragnarok maps, I really liked my community on there as well. They could've just let us play there, huge bases and egg farms for breeding, all built in vain. Because well, they made us leave those by dropping support, scared people away from hundreds servers and provided a handful servers to go to, that is the fact we are dealing with.

It's a crying shame if some really act as this is normal, wow, selling a game for that much money and then not allowing people to play it. I bought the game for the full new price, on a new account, and could play literally 3 weeks before cap was hit and it all went to poop. 3 weeks really?

Open new servers already that is the whole issue, or find solutions for tames to be stored, no one cares about kibbles, there was enough space before why now suddenly not, that is not ANY players fault.

Edited by ArkIfItOnlyWouldWork

So far the only way I have reliably been able to get around this - is to incubate my eggs between 2am and 6am GMT. Fortunately I am in the position where I can play during these hours - however I imagine people who are currently employed or attending school would find it incredibly difficult to work with this Tame Limit.

this is so obvious lol too little servers, too many players

there are like 200 different tribes, with only 70 player slots

lets say each of these tribe have 25 dinos, which is not much at all that's 5000 tames right there

are you really surprised by this lol?

Edited by raptorjesus666

Also, just because a server says 70 people only means that is the amount on the server at any given time. There can literally be well over 100 people collectively playing on a server. The 70 player limit is only for the number allowed at one time. If they keep the total people playing on the server to the server limit of 70, or no more that 20 additional people it might help mitigate the taming problem since fewer people collectively will be playing on the server. Of course that means they'll need to open more servers...

There are also tribes on the PVE servers who will hit tribe tame cap, break into multiple tribes that are then allied, and go for tribe tame cap again. When other folks on those servers try to talk to those tribes they are either ignored (true most of the time) or find things kited into their base after complaining about the excessive taming/breeding by those tribes. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those tribes do it on purpose just to get the server up to server tame cap.

4 minutes ago, catnip said:

Also, just because a server says 70 people only means that is the amount on the server at any given time. There can literally be well over 100 people collectively playing on a server. The 70 player limit is only for the number allowed at one time. If they keep the total people playing on the server to the server limit of 70, or no more that 20 additional people it might help mitigate the taming problem since fewer people collectively will be playing on the server. Of course that means they'll need to open more servers...

There are also tribes on the PVE servers who will hit tribe tame cap, break into multiple tribes that are then allied, and go for tribe tame cap again. When other folks on those servers try to talk to those tribes they are either ignored (true most of the time) or find things kited into their base after complaining about the excessive taming/breeding by those tribes. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those tribes do it on purpose just to get the server up to server tame cap.

i have heard stories about playe'rs using alt accounts, tame 500 dodos, and then sell those "dodo"s in other words, sell the 500 tame slots (server is tame capped)

11 hours ago, ArkIfItOnlyWouldWork said:

My Ragnarok server is capped since weeks now, our little community has gone to poop, it's like you barely see anyone or build contacts anymore, because people hop from server to server to find any place to play, so this will happen to all servers likely, it's a great disappointment.

There are likely so many methods to increase server limit like a cloud to store dinos for longer than 24h, so people don't need bases on other servers just for storing their less used tames, also a lower cap for people on servers might help, if it's 70/70 it lags like hell anyway.

And of course remove players, permanently, who mass-tame dodos and build hundreds rafts just to hurt others gameplay (or reserve "their" 500 spots for future tames lol) this is truly sickening to even read on some servers.

we tested the raft thing but this does not seem to affect the dino cap, still pretty disapointing that the server is capped, and lots of people already start playing on multiple servers so the problem seems to get bigger aswell. But on the dodo part i can understand people doing this, it's not the problem, the problem is the lack of servers. 

I wish wildcard would have killed the legacy and set up more official servers, since many came over from the old to start new.