How to make adolescent wyvern land?

rutro

Was walking a adolescent wyvern for imprint had to walk it off foundation into water and it started to fly (didn't know they could fly at adolescent). Know I cant get it to land, tried using whip and all it does is fly away more. Have gotten above the wyvern to use the whip from above it still won't land, I'm still able to imprint and feed just a pain to mess with. Anyone know of  away to make it land?

The chain bola is an interesting idea that I may have to investigate, and I would imagine a regular bola would work for smaller fliers.

I will add this for informational purposes, no flier in it's pre-adult stages will land after being forced airborne.  Once they hit adult stage they will land on their own normally of course, but until then no joy.

• 3 months later...
The chain bola is an interesting idea that I may have to investigate, and I would imagine a regular bola would work for smaller fliers.
  I will add this for informational purposes, no flier in it's pre-adult stages will land after being forced airborne.  Once they hit adult stage they will land on their own normally of course, but until then no joy.
I do not have any way to prove it, and I wasn't actually there. My co worker started playing ark with me and he's rather new. But he was rasing a baby ptera from my bloodline and was taking it back to his base (very close I let him build in my gated area) but had to walk it across a stream and ofcourse it went air borne. Now, when he got it back to his base he claimed that he got it to land by getting it very close to the ground and whistling stop. Now rather or not it actually happened that way or something else idk. There's no reason for him to have lied about it landing so I'm not sure what to make of the situation. I'm not saying your wrong, because I myself argued with him that it wasn't possible. Maybe it can? With the right circumstances? Maybe needs testing? This is on Xbox official pve.

6 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

I do not have any way to prove it, and I wasn't actually there. My co worker started playing ark with me and he's rather new. But he was rasing a baby ptera from my bloodline and was taking it back to his base (very close I let him build in my gated area) but had to walk it across a stream and ofcourse it went air borne. Now, when he got it back to his base he claimed that he got it to land by getting it very close to the ground and whistling stop. Now rather or not it actually happened that way or something else idk. There's no reason for him to have lied about it landing so I'm not sure what to make of the situation. I'm not saying your wrong, because I myself argued with him that it wasn't possible. Maybe it can? With the right circumstances? Maybe needs testing? This is on Xbox official pve.

Ohh, good catch!  I'll have to try that, perhaps by getting a baby flier of some sort positioned so that it is virtually touching a surface like a rock or edge of a cliff.

I can see it happening if the babies AI doesn't "normally" allow it to get low enough to register a valid landing spot, but if a person manually gets it close enough normal adult landing behavior kicks in.  At the very least it's something to fool around with this weekend.

Thanks for that my friend!

Ohh, good catch!  I'll have to try that, perhaps by getting a baby flier of some sort positioned so that it is virtually touching a surface like a rock or edge of a cliff.
I can see it happening if the babies AI doesn't "normally" allow it to get low enough to register a valid landing spot, but if a person manually gets it close enough normal adult landing behavior kicks in.  At the very least it's something to fool around with this weekend.
Thanks for that my friend!
Yw :) glad you took that in good light rather than me challenging what you said lol. It's not always easy around here to avoid that.

Since you are going to be doing some test, here are a few additional things. The building was a small Dino gate high, by I think 2-3 foundations long. 2 wide to match the door. (Remember he is new so he didn't build big yet) it's made of stone. His base is uphill from mine, and the house was up ramp to the door so it would have been skimming the surface.

If nothing else I'm thinking if use a slopped roof to run it in and push the baby bird to the ground, and then trying to get it to land. Maybe have to destroy the roof tile as well. I'm currently at work but I'll check it out later myself too and report back here if I figure anything out!

On 10/02/2018 at 12:14 AM, Paroxyde said:

I was told that whistling the baby "go there", which will show a green arrow, might land it after a few tries. If it were me, I'd just knock it out then wake it up... 

Wakes up and takes back off iirc.. i used to always fly every baby flier, till i tried it with the wyvern... awful idea lol. try ko it above a semi built structure and throw the roof on quick... least it cant fly far and you should be able to build to access easily.

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, Coldcomfort87 said:

Just had this problem. Take a snow owl, fly up to it, activate healing. make sure it's as close to the ground as possible before doing this as it just drops like a rock. I suggest flying up to it in a quetz/griffin/wyvern dismount and balance on mount while you set follow to lowest first. 

They didnt have snow owls 1.5 years ago when this was posted, necro :P 

Thanks for the tip anyways! Im sure someone will find it useful

Archived