How many eggs to hatch at once?

Commissar80

I know many people will say to hatch more then one wyvern egg at a time due to gathering milk, but what about Rex’s? I am on official and managed to raise one Rex but not at 100% imprint. Is it ideal to hatch more then one egg. I noticed with meat gathering I had a lot of spoiled meat with feeding one Rex so gathering the meat isn’t a problem, my problem is just the imprinting. Do people who raise Rex’s normally raise more then one at the same time?

Guest BubbaCrawfish

If you do a hatch a batch of eggs, then if you select which ones are good, and cull the rest it works out...

But even if you do just raise them, the imprint isn't needed as much unless it is a good level hatch.

I made an area to incubate on, that is 2x2 ceilings with air con under them. I'll have 20 eggs on there, running the timers down until they are just on hatching, then chuck them back in the fridge. Load up 4 troughs with food, and get started on popping them one by one. If you do a heap without others around to quickly throw food in, chances are you'll end up running it close after they've hatched.

Rex's I do about 4-6 at once. Keep in mind if you're just raising them for breeding more the imprinting doesn't need 100%. It's the stat bonuses/mutations you're after.

It's only my final breeding pair with perfect stats and their offspring where I worry about 100% imprint. For the final male & female I'll cull all other babies and just focus on the two... Then after that you do 2-4 at a time or work in teams for more to get those imprints. ?

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:09 AM, Commissar80 said:

I know many people will say to hatch more then one wyvern egg at a time due to gathering milk, but what about Rex’s? I am on official and managed to raise one Rex but not at 100% imprint. Is it ideal to hatch more then one egg. I noticed with meat gathering I had a lot of spoiled meat with feeding one Rex so gathering the meat isn’t a problem, my problem is just the imprinting. Do people who raise Rex’s normally raise more then one at the same time?

On Friday right after 2x hit, I, a solo tribe on official PvP, hatched 9 rexes, 4 megatherium, 1 ptera, 3 theriz and an anky.  I had I think 3 more rexes but they came out poor so I murdered them.

I then proceeded to get 5 hours of sleep Friday night and Saturday night.  On Sunday, everything matured.  No imprints above 90% cept for one rex that got to 95% I think somehow.  The imprint stuff is pretty unhealthy if I can't get 100% even only sleeping 10 hours over 2 days.

Anyway, with how consumption is nowadays it really wasn't too difficult.  I always had 3 troughs full of just mejoberries and 5 troughs I'd fill with meat.  Had to do meat runs every 3-4 hours.  Imprint times were pretty hectic and now I need a much, much larger dino pen.

In short, hatch as many as you can handle.  This weekend I pushed my own limits, but was pleasantly surprised.  If it wasn't 2x, I'd probably cap my hatching to 3 or 4 rexes at a time, since after 5 hours of sleep almost all of my troughs were empty each morning thanks to so many animals feeding off of them.  Couldn't imagine doing that for a 2 day juvenile and 2 day adolescent phase.

On 10/22/2017 at 4:09 AM, Commissar80 said:

We raise at least 20 at a time, a full crew to run boss fights.

Small Tribe of four.

As a solo player on official rates, not evolution events, I've never had a problem doing 10 rexs by myself. The key is to be properly prepared. I had about 35 ish fridges I'd fill with meat before I even started hatching eggs. Like the others have said, if you're going to do one then you might as well do as many as you can.

Yeah, I do the same.  I have 38 fridges, 10 feeding throught, and I just hatch the egg when all of this are full.  When I hatch, I hatch 15 or 20 rex.. In last x2,I hatched 20, killed 6 with bad stats, at the same time I breed tuso, 5 ankylos, 4 quetzals, 12 wyverns, 8 direwolf and 4 pteros. But I have 1 tribe mate, and he helps me to farm meat and milk. Mejo I have a lot of crops to suply herbivores. 

On 22/10/2017 at 9:44 PM, Commissar80 said:

Thanks for the info my next set of Rexs I am going to raise more then one. I had so much spoiled meat I didn’t think I could have kept up with the feeding. My only real problem is there is no way Iam able to imprint 100%. My first ever hatched Rex I was only able to do 60% imprint.

60 percent is all you need,  get some sleep and don't worry about staying up all night for something that will either despawn,  get sniped in your Base,  get lost in the boss arena or get killed when your Base gets wiped while you are offline..

Archived