Definitely Not A Rant...

ArkDoneRight

12 minutes ago, Ganelon said:

It's pretty damn simple... they don't make "future money" if the game isn't fun. Ya dig? So, maybe YOU and some others will not pay, cuz you don't have the fun I and many others are having. Cool. You can list your reason for not enjoying the game all day... I've read them elsewhere... and seen how the toxic forum people bob their heads and say "See! See!". But I'm telling you I don't really give a flying raptor about those things. The core game is FUN right NOW!. And every patch and every expansion is adding to that fun for me.

So, yes... they have my MONEY. And they earned it by giving me and my kids hundreds of hours of gaming fun.

Lemme give you all some advice... as an old dog who has seen and done more than most here... Let the game go. You are done. You obviously are not happy. Let it go and move on. It's only a video game. You are supposed to quit them after awhile, dude.  Why stay and piss on cornflakes? If you are more mad about 'missed potential" than happy to play the game 'as is'... dude... it's time. 

Ya know what's funny? Imagine that someone else posted what you're replying to. Someone who you knew supports Wildcard no matter what and then read the post again.

Any toxicity you seem to be taking from that post doesn't exist. It's a neutral construct. I don't know about you but I am quite able to not include biases in everything I post. A lot of arguments I've had on this forum have begun because people can't just take a post of mine as is and have to read them with their own biases clouding their vision. Seems to happen for a lot of other people as well.

14 minutes ago, Ganelon said:

Lemme give you all some advice... as an old dog who has seen and done more than most here... Let the game go. You are done. You obviously are not happy. Let it go and move on. It's only a video game. You are supposed to quit them after awhile, dude.  Why stay and piss on cornflakes? If you are more mad about 'missed potential" than happy to play the game 'as is'... dude... it's time. 

I'm extremely happy with the community on our official server and people play the same games for decades without others complaining that they should quit. "Agnes, you've been meeting that bridge club for 27 years. You never like what the hosts serve either and that's just not something I approve of you expressing. It's about time you moved on to Bingo or something."

3 hours ago, Casanova said:

So basically all 3 points (about our new product) that you've made have taken what Jen and Jat said out of context in an effort to get across your frustration with base game ARK.

If you have issues with ARK, you're very welcome to post your issues in a thread about base game ARK... our development team certainly does read the forum on a daily basis and take on board all the feedback we receive. 

Oh please if the bold part has any truth to it then what are my main issues with the game and when are they actually going to bother fixing it? The only real time they seem to care about fixing things based on feedback is when the negativity gets so bad that it begins affecting sales.

4 hours ago, Casanova said:

So basically all 3 points (about our new product) that you've made have taken what Jen and Jat said out of context in an effort to get across your frustration with base game ARK.

If you have issues with ARK, you're very welcome to post your issues in a thread about base game ARK... our development team certainly does read the forum on a daily basis and take on board all the feedback we receive. 

Please don't try discredit a product, processes and teams you have no knowledge about based on issues with another matter entirely.

i think he had some decent points jen did say all of them things and i cant see any non context aberration is miles behind and must have been for some time, feedback from some streamers that look like they havent played ark in a while isnta great strategy for feedback ( i know you have internal playtesters and i know its good just to get the dlc out there  to recieve feedback from socila media too) but negative feedback is important too just because someone says they think the dlc isnt ready shouldnt mean ignore them? also the frustrations boil from obvious problems with the base game that are continualy ignored but of course happy to get some feedback based on a new PAID dlc that you need to make money off, official servers are a joke with thousands of players quitting across all 3 platforms, dino tlc passes are now been put behind aberration so delay in aberration means much needed parity for older dinos is going to be even longer! this all ties in to developtment of dlc and what the actual priorities are? this guy hasd posted in general discussion so i cant see whats wrong with his critism, his not discrditing people based on no knowledge he is discrediting by history of dev team and actions taken

2 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Of anything that you and O.P are saying.

If they didn't care, they wouldn't be working on the game in any capacity.

If they didn't care, there wouldn't be a Dino TLC pass.

If they didn't care, they wouldn't have a forum here, where they get constantly
verbally shat on day in and day out on a daily basis by people who have the
patience of a humming bird. 

Well, you are more than welcome to come round my house and see the pile of crap playing on my console, constant 1 second pauses for no reason, when you move stuff around the inventory it pauses, the constant poor FPS, poor graphics constantly loading and unloading (blurry to focused) without even moving, my only build being a raft and that cant even focus when im staring at it for 30 seconds,  and like i said the whole none re spawning on resources, restarted my map a few times because of it, spent ages deleting my game and reinstalling to try and fix their problems, and these are problems from over a year ago, infact my game played better over a year ago when it first came out on the console, ive even had to go out and spend my own money on a decent cooling system for my console so it doesn't over heat, its poorly optimized and the building side is very poorly done, i could go on, want proof ? just go and look on you tube and all the videos complaining of it all, do you honestly think i would come here and just talk aload of crap about a game that i really love and want to be able to play and enjoy ?

Ive reported these things in the bugs section, a few times and confirmed in other peoples posts, but nothing gets done about it, instead they would rather invest their time into making DLC so they can earn more money......thats the truth of it

Ive got nothing against the game, i love it, hundreds in not thousands of games played and this one is at the top, it just frustrates the poop out of me that its so poorly finished and the devs treat you like poop too, because they dont fix the problems reported years ago!

Ive no idea why you guys continually defend the devs, have you not played any other game apart from this one ? go and play something like Farcry primal, that game runs so smoothly, never once does it stutter or glitch, and many other games are like that, because they are well made and well optimized, its not like this game is even Voxel based, then they might have an excuse as those games are taxing, i dont know what they are doing, even Exiles thats very similar to this runs so much better, but i want to be able to play this as i love the concept.....and this is why im always here complaining, cause i love it so much im so frustrated at it.

4 hours ago, HighFlyer15 said:

"The devs don't seem to care"
Evidence, please? Where is your proof that they aren't looking through bug reports and fixing what they can?
"Where's your proof they are?"
I don't have any but I'm not posting ridiculously stupid opinions on what I think the devs may or may not be doing.

I don't have the numbers, but is there a way to see how many people refunded the game when they launched with only 20 servers? there was mass steam refunds, no? They really didn't rush to fix the issue of not enough servers per game sold.

2 hours ago, jammyjade said:

i think he had some decent points jen did say all of them things and i cant see any non context aberration is miles behind and must have been for some time, feedback from some streamers that look like they havent played ark in a while isnta great strategy for feedback ( i know you have internal playtesters and i know its good just to get the dlc out there  to recieve feedback from socila media too) but negative feedback is important too just because someone says they think the dlc isnt ready shouldnt mean ignore them? also the frustrations boil from obvious problems with the base game that are continualy ignored but of course happy to get some feedback based on a new PAID dlc that you need to make money off, official servers are a joke with thousands of players quitting across all 3 platforms, dino tlc passes are now been put behind aberration so delay in aberration means much needed parity for older dinos is going to be even longer! this all ties in to developtment of dlc and what the actual priorities are? this guy hasd posted in general discussion so i cant see whats wrong with his critism, his not discrditing people based on no knowledge he is discrediting by history of dev team and actions taken

And it's in general discussion because it's a general discussion about where ark/wild card is heading.
And you're dead right, everything seems to be on hold until aberration.
The stupid part about all of this is that i do really like the game, i just think they should priorities differently.

3 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Any toxicity you seem to be taking from that post doesn't exist. It's a neutral construct. I don't know about you but I am quite able to not include biases in everything I post. A lot of arguments I've had on this forum have begun because people can't just take a post of mine as is and have to read them with their own biases clouding their vision. Seems to happen for a lot of other people as well.

You are quite factual with the assertion that the guiding principle of WC actions are "money". As it should be. Business is business and capitalism creates. Not good will. Not altruism. Only capitalism. However, I would inject that it comes easy to infer your use of the term "money" with a negative connotation, as if that is somehow ignoble. Taken to the Marxist extreme, it is often used a slur on the character of the PEOPLE that are this company, to then justify further toxicity as a 'power to the people' illusion. I say illusion, because in a free market, the consumer already HAS the power to not buy or quit. Is it fair for me to infer? Of course! My experiences and the imperfect medium of written forums allow me such latitude, and you are free to correct or not as you wish.

So... I definitely do not think you are anyone should buy a DLC or other such extra product that they are not happy with... or happy ENOUGH with, as I address below.

3 hours ago, Vrallox said:

I'm extremely happy with the community on our official server and people play the same games for decades without others complaining that they should quit. "Agnes, you've been meeting that bridge club for 27 years. You never like what the hosts serve either and that's just not something I approve of you expressing. It's about time you moved on to Bingo or something."

Excellent. The community of the server that play the game WC created makes you extremely happy. Worth every currently expended money, I am sure. Mind you, if I were in the same 'bridge group', and there was this one person who was continually bitching about what the host serves, the other players in that group would become weary of Agnes and her constant negativity. You would begin to ask "Why are you still here is you are so miserable?!" At that point, we are trying to get old Agnes off her rocker to either express some reason to really be there, and not the reasons, as she sees them, that others should be equally miserable with the snacks.

I absolutely love this analogy. So many social groups have 'that guy' that can just drag everyone down. 

Anyway, to restate ...  I definitely do not think you are anyone should buy a DLC or other such extra product that they are not happy with... or happy enough with.

3 hours ago, jammyjade said:

dino tlc passes are now been put behind aberration so delay in aberration means much needed parity for older dinos is going to be even longer!

Indeed, as I've stated on many occasions we need new dinos and TLC for the current dinos instead of new dlc with non dino animals. I'm not saying that we can't have new non dino animals but we loved this game from the start because it was a DINOSAUR SURVIVAL GAME.

Give some much needed love to the existing game and creatures before releasing new DLC.

8 hours ago, ArkDoneRight said:

In the grand scheme of things i understand they listen to their customers and understand they're not always right or that their complaint or feedback is valid. It's just frustrating when they hear the feedback they say they'll implement the feedback, but they dont. you could look through countless community crunches / digests see the Q&A, see them say, it's a good idea and they're looking forward to implementing it soon... but it jsut never comes.

A lot of content from Digests, again, has been implemented, but I think it's worth considering that there are higher priorities for the game at the moment than, say, a tomahawk. The integration of S+ into the main game, for example, represents the response to a long standing request from the community to improve the building system. A lot of the stuff that hasn't been implemented from the Digests and such is smaller things like the aforementioned tomahawk and whatnot. Plans do change, so I'm not sure you can expect all of these items to make it into the game, but I know Jeremy at least has indicated some of these things will be coming in the near future (like as early as next week, potentially).

I think that it's an interesting discussion about the cost of servers and how to pay for it. we would never know if people would actually pay for Official clusters or not because we weren't really given that option. but it would be interesting if season pass went toward servers and you could join one "premium cluster" which would be off meta, ie one with only solo players on it. i'd love to see a solo player cluster and see how it all goes.... there are over 2000 unofficial servers so its clear some people are willing to pay to get the game play they want, the issue with unoffical is that its really hard to populate the servers because you can't stand out and for some servers they don't even show up when searched for (wouldn't want to fix that por favor)

I think the "Premium Cluster" idea would be interesting for sure, though without seeing the financial breakdown of where money goes in Wildcard/Snail Games, I don't know how feasible it would be. I think just better promotion (not just listing) of Unofficial servers would be good, but also keep in mind that Wildcard does want people to play on their servers. It's an awkward spot to be in. Experimental servers have been toyed with (i.e. NoTame), I do think Wildcard would be good to continue with these kinds of things.

I agree that expansions were / are part of the game, but this wasn't like wow when people are content locked waiting for the new expansion, although mega tribes didnt take long to refresh and get tek, i'm not sure the mega tribes were like "done! gg put game down."

I'm... not entirely sure I understand your point here as it relates to my point, but anyway. Mega tribes are and will be problem. People working together will usually out-compete individuals, and players will inevitably find ways to circumvent any tribe restrictions (Jeremy actually said this at one point, they didn't anticipate that people would use the Tribe Alliances to circumvent tame restrictions). Again, though, not really sure how that relates to what I said.

9 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

Maybe they do care about our feedback. Maybe. However, they did not do anything to make us feel the feedback matters. I dare them to prove me wrong.  What you just mentioned regarding a drake should have been reported by QA team to begin with (in general good it was spotted anyway). 

WC does not reply on this forum to anyone,  unless there is sh#tstorm about something they did. So tell me how are we suppoused to believe their claimes this forum is read by them. I want proof by their activity here. Example.  There are/were so disconnected with playerbase that boss' wife decided to ask us what servers we needed after premiere. That's community manager's job, not someone who was not even hired by WC. They had been ingoring growing frustration of playerbase which could not play the game, because of lack of servers. That was one of example of their lackluster communication that is main source of growing frustration in ARK community.

Problem is we talked about it countless of times, Jat claimed communication would improve over time, but nothing has been changed at all. 

I remember when I first found this forum. I was (and still do) hosting a player dedicated server on xbox. I was having issues with the server and found this website and thought, "Wow! this is great, Wildcard actually has a forum where we can post issues that we are having with the game so they can be fixed." It didn't take too long to realize that although they have a big reports and support section, it didn't appear that they actually read that section, as there was bugs reported over a year ago that are still happening. As for support, good luck. Any time someone was having an issue and needed support they were told to open a ticket. Then we get full release and Wild Card basically says, "Sorry, we aren't supporting the Legacy servers, and are deleting all the tickets that we never bothered to get to anyways." On a side note, player dedicated servers were running decently for awhile, and then when it was announced that there was going to be rental servers through Nitrado, all of a sudden the issues that hadn't happened for awhile began to happen again. Funny how the timing on that was.

As far as the flyer nerf, I remember when that came about, Wild Card said they would be taking input and tweaking the flyers until they got them where they wanted them to be. They did one set of changes and then went silent on the topic. The changes seemed to be based off of the Island map only and didn't take into account how much larger the center map is, and now Ragnarok as well. Sure flying a quetz from one side of the island to the other is longer, but not to the point of ridiculousness. Try making the same flight on the center. Fly from blue obi over to the ice castle. Chances are you will want to shoot the quetz in the head by the time you finish the trip? Did this balance the game? Not in the slightest!

Back to communication, in that department they are still truly lacking. Aberration has been delayed. We know about this because they said so in a stream. Sad thing is, there isn't actually a thread from wild card saying any of these things here. You can't even find this info in their twitter feeds. If it weren't for people posting about it over here, I wouldn't even know it had been delayed (not that I ever thought it would actually release when they said it would). You would think they could at least post some info on this topic over here for the people that don't have time to watch all the streams. Same with S+. Sure, they said that it will be coming to Ark as an official mod, but they have given us zero details about what that means. Will it be added to official? Will consoles get full S+? Will we get a watered down version of S+? Will it only be available on unofficial servers? So many questions, yet they provide no answers. Another funny thing in regards to communication, a short time ago, Jen posted on her twitter, that it was her personal twitter and not wildcard twitter and people were free to unfollow her. Yet, she still posts tons of info that should actually be on the survivetheark twitter on her personal twitter instead. If you are using your "personal" twitter to conduct business, it is not really a personal twitter anymore.

8 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

Well, you are more than welcome to come round my house and see the pile of crap playing on my console, constant 1 second pauses for no reason, when you move stuff around the inventory it pauses, the constant poor FPS, poor graphics constantly loading and unloading (blurry to focused) without even moving, my only build being a raft and that cant even focus when im staring at it for 30 seconds,  and like i said the whole none re spawning on resources, restarted my map a few times because of it, spent ages deleting my game and reinstalling to try and fix their problems, and these are problems from over a year ago, infact my game played better over a year ago when it first came out on the console, ive even had to go out and spend my own money on a decent cooling system for my console so it doesn't over heat, its poorly optimized and the building side is very poorly done, i could go on, want proof ? just go and look on you tube and all the videos complaining of it all, do you honestly think i would come here and just talk aload of crap about a game that i really love and want to be able to play and enjoy ?

Ive reported these things in the bugs section, a few times and confirmed in other peoples posts, but nothing gets done about it, instead they would rather invest their time into making DLC so they can earn more money......thats the truth of it

Ive got nothing against the game, i love it, hundreds in not thousands of games played and this one is at the top, it just frustrates the poop out of me that its so poorly finished and the devs treat you like poop too, because they dont fix the problems reported years ago!

Ive no idea why you guys continually defend the devs, have you not played any other game apart from this one ? go and play something like Farcry primal, that game runs so smoothly, never once does it stutter or glitch, and many other games are like that, because they are well made and well optimized, its not like this game is even Voxel based, then they might have an excuse as those games are taxing, i dont know what they are doing, even Exiles thats very similar to this runs so much better, but i want to be able to play this as i love the concept.....and this is why im always here complaining, cause i love it so much im so frustrated at it.

It sounds like we are having a lot of the same issues. While I haven't had the issue with resources not respawning (Never really played single player though, and I believe that is where that problem is mostly), I have had a lot of the other problems you have mentioned. I do find it odd that this game did run 5x better before they started "optimizing" it. Before we had origami dinos, things weren't as bad as they are now. Yes, official servers did have lag (Especially if you were rendering in a huge base" but not as bad as it is now. They have fixed a lot of bugs over the years, but with the amount of bugs that are currently in this game, they should be ashamed to call it a fully released game. I even tell people that play on my server to purchase a separate fan for their xbox, as Ark tends to work the Xbox to it's limits and causes it to overheat.

In terms of reporting things in the bugs section, it appears to be a waste of time. Your only chance to truly be heard seems to be if you can get Jat to respond to you on twitter about the issue. As for the DLC, it is kind of a catch 22. I would suspect they didn't have the retail sales of the game at full release that they were expecting and now have to sell the DLC to actually have the money needed to work on the core game bugs. This is somewhat evidenced by the fact that there were nowhere near the amount of official servers for Ark when they made the full release. Although it would have meant going back on their word, they actually should have just got rid of the legacy servers right at launch, and release them as new servers instead of the slow death they currently have going on. The fact that they withdrew support for Legacy shows that they have no intention of keeping it long term. Just rip off the bandaid and get it over with. It may help alleviate some of the issues with lack of servers (I went back to my old legacy server, that traditionally had 50-70 people on at any time of day, to find it a virtual ghost town)

Like you, I also like this game and enjoy playing it. I think it could be a great game. The devs themselves seem to be the worst enemies of making this game truly great. Far too often they promise things they either can't deliver or have no intention of delivering. It could be attributed to their over eagerness to share things they have in mind for the game, but even still, they need to learn to temper their exuberance with what they are actually able to do and when they can get it done. One example of this is rental servers for Xbox. Initially they announced that when the game was fully released on August 8th, that xbox would have rental servers available. Then the game launch was delayed but don't worry, servers would be available then. Only to soon change, and say that it was delayed until early September. Then, Aberration was announced and it appeared that things such as rental servers were delayed because a large part of their team was working on that instead, and that those servers would instead be available at the end of September. Initially they had said that all the work was done on their end, they just had to get some things worked out with microsoft. Only to tell us that due to the hurricane they were going to miss some timelines on things (Which is funny, because if they had truly had everything ready, the hurricane should have been a minor delay). Then we finally got an announcement that the servers would be here and ready for October 25th. At this time, Nitrado stated that they had some problems working with Microsoft as rental servers are a new thing to the XboxOne. This is not true in the slightest, as battlefield has had rental servers available ever since it was on xbox. Heck, conan exiles even had the ability to rent servers for xbox when it first came out on xbox in early access (well about a week after it came out in early access). I am still skeptical that the servers will even be released on time for October 25th. It is rare that Wild Card actually makes a target date. Even with this one already being delayed almost 3 months, I don't expect they will make it.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived