Cactus help?

shileka

Do you mean your personal water level keeps going down? A metal hatchet or pick works well on a cactus, but a morellatops is the best early game for harvesting cactus sap. knock out a low level and go ham on your nearest cactus patch. also if you need water that badly start in the lower regions near green oby. that tends to have easier creatures to deal with. If you have a decent base setup on the island or rag, I'd suggest bringing over a skeleton building crew to make life easier.

3 hours ago, ALBRIGAM0778 said:

Do you mean your personal water level keeps going down? A metal hatchet or pick works well on a cactus, but a morellatops is the best early game for harvesting cactus sap. knock out a low level and go ham on your nearest cactus patch. also if you need water that badly start in the lower regions near green oby. that tends to have easier creatures to deal with. If you have a decent base setup on the island or rag, I'd suggest bringing over a skeleton building crew to make life easier.

figured it out by myself, as it seems the small hand gathered cacti don't count for water, and i'm personally against transferring things over, i start every map at lvl 1 with a fresh character, might make an exception on scorched earth with plant X seeds

Guest BubbaCrawfish
30 minutes ago, shileka said:

it seems the small hand gathered cacti don't count for water

They do, you have to eat them though...

If you aren't wearing clothes, and you're running around a lot, you'll use up more than what you are getting in hydration. You'll have to eat a heckload to make it actually affect you.

5 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

They do, you have to eat them though...

If you aren't wearing clothes, and you're running around a lot, you'll use up more than what you are getting in hydration. You'll have to eat a heckload to make it actually affect you.

ah that may be it i stopped eating them once i settled in the riverbed

Archived