Jonopeo

Server Caps

Well, I play the game alone on server 60 and now I can not get the dinosaurs I still do not have because the server is on the edge. Complicated this, I hope you have a solution soon for this problem, even if it is some kind of signature to try to get better servers.

Very well put together post. 

Dear WC. I and many other people with jobs have WALLETS ready for quality enjoyment of game. Give us option to have subscription model to play on servers that are "premium" that have NO advantages over regular free to play servers. Ill pay 25$/month for access to that feature. So many people are paying for unofficial server hosting, and I think you could use that money instead of hosting companies. Who doesn't want money? If you were a public shareholder company doubt board of directors would let you do what you do with paying customers who want to dish out more money. 

GIVE US PREMIUM SERVERS. For 300 hours i play per month, and one of my few interests id pay 50$/month. And it has to be OFFICIAL, no mods/ no admins / no increased rates or advantages. 

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, Jonopeo said:

Dear Wildcard,

As a member of your community with a little other three thousand hours in your game. I ask for just five minutes of your time to read what I and the community have to say.

Ark is a great game. Thank you for the dedication you've put into it thus far. However, I and others feel that you are slamming the door closed on us. As a developer by trade myself, I understand the need to bring in revenue to support current and future development. However, it's equally essential to optimise your code and assets as well as R&D new ways to suit your servers to the way people play. 

Two months into your new release coming out of an early alpha stage, we are now sitting at over 25 servers tame capped. That's 25 servers full of people that cannot enjoy and play the game for what it was intended to be. You can't ignore these facts, as you yourselves have built these physics and gameplay features that people tame and raise for.  Is this really acceptable to charge AAA prices for a game that clearly has fundamental structural bugs and negligences that takes away the ability for anyone to play anything but unofficial and Singleplayer? 

I witnessed a moderator on these forums explain that this is a survival game and you must make tough choices. Sure. It's survival. But when you're setting times of hours, days and weeks to raise and tame certain creatures; only for you to need to slaughter them to carry on playing the game. Is this acceptable? That's not playing. That's inconveniencing a player base that has been dedicated and loyal to you through an early alpha. 

I'm sure your server bills are expensive each month. Players complain about their reliability and stability. However, the game is clearly not built to handle so many people. So why aren't we putting load balancing in place to deal with this? Or even better, re-doing buggy and messy code that causes lag on mass scales which is forcing you to place a 6000 tame cap on a server.

If server costs and revenue are your concern. Bring in paid subscription servers that allow you to fund development time, upkeep servers. You are a business at the end of the day and you can't function without money. I really respect you don't want microtransactions. But this isn't anything pay to win. 

From the community to the development team. Please give us answers, plans and transparency on clear issues and listen to our feedback.

Thank you.

@Jen  @WildcardJaeger @Jatheish @Jeremy Stieglitz  @Zane

f

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, Tech2Logix said:

Certainly is an issue; It's just a matter of time till the first released Center & Island servers will hit cap after all ragnarok servers are capped. People are forced to tame&breed on other servers when their main is capped.

Also after 5k+ hours on official, I've been very gratefull for the free servers. But I do believe if the quality of service can be improved significantly by introducing a monthly fee to play on official; It really should be considered! I would certainly pay for such service.

Island and centre servers are hitting cap

On 10/21/2017 at 3:24 PM, Funkonline said:

Vet player here with 5k hours on an official server. First off I love ark and the people I have met playing it, but server cap on dinos is frankly ludicrous. 

There seems to be a solution that many players I have spoken to would be happy to do. Have the free servers that run as they are with lag and whatnot but they are essentially FREE. Then perhaps introduce a monthly sub for people who would like to be on more stable servers that are able to handle no server dino tame limit but still implement dino tribe limit.

I probably can make a more valid argument but these are the thoughts going through my head atm.

seems like this would be a solution that would still screw everyone over by forcing them to completely start from scratch again on new servers after the point of starting fresh on new servers was to fix the problems in the first place.

if they do have to switch servers to monthly fee servers, they should at least provide an initial window to decide and move dinos over to the new servers when they start up

Just now, jer2911tx said:

seems like this would be a solution that would still screw everyone over by forcing them to completely start from scratch again on new servers after the point of starting fresh on new servers was to fix the problems in the first place.

if they do have to switch servers to monthly fee servers, they should at least provide an initial window to decide and move dinos over to the new servers when they start up

Many people including myself would be quite happy to move and start over to have improved stability. This is a solution in the sense it would allow developers time to be funded through other means rather than just DLC and the main game itself.

I have a good bit of hours in game, but no where near some of the 3k-5k hours I've seen some vets claim. However here is my take on all this. My current server NA-PVE-Official-TheIsland 80 is not at cap as far as I know, but we are crowded. Since we're a PVE server we have the pillars everywhere issue. Now I can say I did this myself when building cause I had been on other servers where I was starting to build and someone surrounded me with pillars so I couldn't even continue building up from the foundations I had already. I also have a personal issue with the server crazy person who lives next to me, who constantly tried to pull Alphas to me cause I was building there, and building first mind you, and he wanted to expand but couldn't cause I was there. Now I'm kinda glad that you can't pick up wild dinos in that instance but at the same time it would make it a bit easier in taming if you could do that like you can on PVP servers. 

Fixing server stability is a big issue I think needs to be addressed first and foremost. I realize that the server and tribe dino cap is something you came up with to try and place that but I think what should have been done in that programming was that as more dinos are tamed, then less wild ones are spawned, this would give you a total numerical equation to keep the total population at a set limit without really limiting how many dinos people can tame in. Just when they start noticing wild dinos being scarce then they'll see the issue. Also the biggest issue is of course the large egg farms. I think it would be better if you changed the amount of eggs dropped by dinos up, as well as increase the amount of time they exist when set on the ground. Currently I think it is about 1-2 minutes? Try making it where they drop an egg every 7 minutes when someone is online, and it lasts for 8 minutes on the ground, this would be increased to laying an egg every 5 minutes with mated, and every 3 minutes with mated and oviraptor buff. This would solve the issue of egg farms as well as keep it where it's not going to be too crowded with eggs. Of course make the eggs not lay when no one in tribe is online. Also another thing to put in would be some form of egg collector, say a metal based item put in around the 50-80 mark to be built to collect eggs within a set radius. have it set with a 100 space inventory and go with it as a normal storage unit, this way people still need to take their eggs and put them into the fridge to make them last the longest. 

As those would help lesson the need for egg farms and large numbers of dinos for them it only solves 1 side of the issue. Server stability also needs to come in the form of an improvement to your Official Servers as well. I get a good bit of rubber banding lag on my server, NA PVE Official TheIsland 80, and we all get annoyed with it. People will end up quitting a game over an issue like this. If the only way to play without massive lag is to have it unofficial where whoever owns the server cheats like hell, or to play single player and not have a tribe to help out with things then you've really limited the ability to enjoy the game. Especially with the fact that on an Official server you don't get enough Engram points for everything so you are reliant on a tribe system to have everything you need, or use a ton of Mind Wipe elixirs to keep respeccing yourself so you can get something you need crafted. 

I will personally probably quit if you go the paid sub route, but that's cause I have a tight budget and can't afford it right now. However yes I do see the merits in that system as well. Having an ingame item store wouldn't be a bad idea either. Make items like costumes and cosmetics be things you can purchase for like 1-2 dollars a pop, or add in Kibble you can buy. My gaming community did this with our server for a while to fund the monthly bill for it, Dye packs, Kibble packs, and even starting structure packs. Since we also ran the Annunaki Genesis mod we had the EXP potions that were in the game that we could sell for a set price. Sure things could get massively off balance if people spent a bunch of money leveling up fast, getting kibble tames for next to no effort, and having things to start out from. However we saw it as a way to pay for our server as well as keep things moving quickly without feeling the need to cheat the game by just spawning in dinos we wanted, or using admin codes for everything. Maybe that type of item system would help out, you could even have an in game currency setup that could be farmed out to build up slowly to those items as well. Similar to what Riot Games did with their Store section, pay real money for about 500 RP points for a new champion, or farm out the IP needed for the champ by playing the game.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2017 at 7:37 PM, Evgenybrah said:

Dear WC. I and many other people with jobs have WALLETS ready for quality enjoyment of game. Give us option to have subscription model to play on servers that are "premium" that have NO advantages over regular free to play servers. Ill pay 25$/month for access to that feature. So many people are paying for unofficial server hosting, and I think you could use that money instead of hosting companies. Who doesn't want money? If you were a public shareholder company doubt board of directors would let you do what you do with paying customers who want to dish out more money. 

GIVE US PREMIUM SERVERS. For 300 hours i play per month, and one of my few interests id pay 50$/month. And it has to be OFFICIAL, no mods/ no admins / no increased rates or advantages. 

:Melee_Damage: yes 

On 23/10/2017 at 7:37 PM, Evgenybrah said:

Except being able to keep breeding/taming on them while those that don't pay a subscription can't.  Paid yes, but not on same cluster., that's the mother of all advantages' :P

Besides it wouldn't work, let's say i don't pay then i'm locked access to the paid servers, can't take my dinos to you to trade, on pvp would be awsome, paying server tribes could invade non paying and just run back home when done.

Would def. need to be a whole different cluster.

Edited by nunocsousa

As for suggesting paid or premium servers, Ark is no different than many massive multiplayer online games. They are ONLINE games, that means, you buy the game and expect to be able to play it online. The "free" servers are no unexpected bonus, they are what runs the game. Ark is expensive enough, plus it been the best selling game on (edit, looked it up:)play station , the revenue is very high and you would expect enough servers to cover the playerbase are the top priority for the success story to go on.
Looking back pulling support on legacy been likely a bad mistake, this triggered an exodus with not enough servers to go to, but it's not up to players to fix that.

I stand in awe that people really think this is something where users need to take action and spend even more money, well, most won't, there's tons other, similar games you just buy and play, why should Ark be in need of special assistance.
Let's face it, the people who bought the game to play Ragnarok had no more than 3-4 weeks before cap, those who expected to be able to breed likely just reached their starting point with imprint kibbles complete and all and it ended, which is entirely frustrating.

And it does not end here, what right now happens is a domino effect, people left Ragnarok and flood to older maps, those all hit the cap one by one, which is pretty unfair to those who wanted to play there, put alot of work into their bases and now be invaded by people not intrested in the map, only looking for dino storage.
As so many I also tried to play cross-server, spreading bases on different maps to breed at least a bit during event, but with upload timers and more and more servers hitting the cap this is no solution, it is exhausting and likely will result in a great loss of players.
Also, why even bother with Aberration if it's not clear if the infrastructure is provided or you sit in dysfunctional bases after couple weeks, once again.

The situation  is not acceptable, likely more dramatic than the flyer nerf or anything which happened before, and even if they do not react (yet), again, I hope there's a solution found soon, because this is nothing to be solved by players.

Edited by ArkIfItOnlyWouldWork
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 5:33 AM, mogrot said:

still no dev response

There are many things that could be done to help with the server cap, such as getting a community kibble farm, and people grouping up together and less smaller tribes. As well as people killing off dinosaurs they do not need such as dinosaurs that are not used, PVP does not have this issue because smaller tribes are killed almost on a daily basis, imo to fix pve would probably be a monthly wipe. I know people are hardened to keep said dinosaurs but implementing a wipe with increased rates like rust could be a answer to the root of the situation, the subscriptions only hurt those who play PvP, and the PvE option would still be prominent and not fixed. To fix a issue we should look at the problem and see where we can adjust it. The whole design is flawed which is why there has probably not been a statement that and with aberation on the rise i would assume resources are flooded atm.

TLDR; Community Kibble Farms, or wait tell a redesign happens. That being said the Sub wont solve any issues and will only still have the root of the issue with a 15/30/60$ sub fee attached. To fix it is to go to the root and redesign the issue itself which will take resources and time. Meaning people should wait tell after abberation where there is less management and more free time also aging could be a fix.

Edited by Baker

23 hours ago, Baker said:

There are many things that could be done to help with the server cap, such as getting a community kibble farm, and people grouping up together and less smaller tribes. As well as people killing off dinosaurs they do not need such as dinosaurs that are not used, PVP does not have this issue because smaller tribes are killed almost on a daily basis, imo to fix pve would probably be a monthly wipe. I know people are hardened to keep said dinosaurs but implementing a wipe with increased rates like rust could be a answer to the root of the situation, the subscriptions only hurt those who play PvP, and the PvE option would still be prominent and not fixed. To fix a issue we should look at the problem and see where we can adjust it. The whole design is flawed which is why there has probably not been a statement that and with aberation on the rise i would assume resources are flooded atm.

TLDR; Community Kibble Farms, or wait tell a redesign happens. That being said the Sub wont solve any issues and will only still have the root of the issue with a 15/30/60$ sub fee attached. To fix it is to go to the root and redesign the issue itself which will take resources and time. Meaning people should wait tell after abberation where there is less management and more free time also aging could be a fix.

A monthly wipe is yet another option that ignores the point here. The code for ark is

• Buggy
  • Lazy
  • Old

I understand this. I've been a developer for years. I understand there's always going to be buggy and old code. Though, Wildcard shows very very little effort to show resolve. Why? Honestly, their lack of continued revenue other than new game purchases is frightening. This is no long-term solution.

Why will subscription servers be beneficial? It will allow additional money to feed wildcards development time to ensure that optimisation and QA are up to the highest standard. Otherwise, how do you expect them to carry on their support?

Here in the UK, a developers salary (depending on location, role, experience and other factors.) is around £28,000 - £80,000 a year. I expect this to be no different for wildcard. You have to think how many game sales that take to fuel 1 dev. Then take into consideration of other overheads. Building, licenses, asset creation, other staff (Artists, support, Marketing, PR, HR, etc.) How can anyone possibly imagine that they can carry this on to keep the game afloat?

I'd say. 75% of the players who will play ark have already bought the game. That means their money will start drying up and drying up pretty quickly. Sure a DLC is coming out which buys a portion of time. But it's a very short-term plan.

So here's my idea, to mix with all the others: give each tamed dino a limited lifespan, which varies according to species and level. If the cap gets hit too often, decrease the lifespan.

It won't solve the issue completely, but at least you can create a good amount of turnover that won't compeltely shut out new players.

I have just posted a similar suggestion you might be interested in over here, in case you're interested.  I'm curious how you would recommend handling your system. 

Would the lifespan only be reduced when the server hits tame cap?  If so, I can see issues as tame cap is a rather out of character feature that we have no access to see.  As such there is little means to prepare for our tames slowly dieing.

Either way, players could just hold incubated eggs in waiting...not really solving the overall issue.  If you cannot see your tame's lifespan, it will be a frustrated experience that hurts gameplay.  If you can see your tame's lifespan, tame slot sniping will continue to be a thing and it'll  be no different.

You need the mechanics to feel natural and solve the reasons why people maintain excessive amounts of tames to begin with, all while discouraging keeping those you don't need.

9 minutes ago, Cleon said:

So here's my idea, to mix with all the others: give each tamed dino a limited lifespan, which varies according to species and level. If the cap gets hit too often, decrease the lifespan.

It won't solve the issue completely, but at least you can create a good amount of turnover that won't compeltely shut out new players.

Cool idea, and for Ragnarok servers, if they would reduce the 3,000 wild petranodons and parasaurs it might free up some room :D

13 hours ago, Jonopeo said:

A monthly wipe is yet another option that ignores the point here. The code for ark is

• Buggy
  • Lazy
  • Old

I understand this. I've been a developer for years. I understand there's always going to be buggy and old code. Though, Wildcard shows very very little effort to show resolve. Why? Honestly, their lack of continued revenue other than new game purchases is frightening. This is no long-term solution.

Why will subscription servers be beneficial? It will allow additional money to feed wildcards development time to ensure that optimisation and QA are up to the highest standard. Otherwise, how do you expect them to carry on their support?

Here in the UK, a developers salary (depending on location, role, experience and other factors.) is around £28,000 - £80,000 a year. I expect this to be no different for wildcard. You have to think how many game sales that take to fuel 1 dev. Then take into consideration of other overheads. Building, licenses, asset creation, other staff (Artists, support, Marketing, PR, HR, etc.) How can anyone possibly imagine that they can carry this on to keep the game afloat?

I'd say. 75% of the players who will play ark have already bought the game. That means their money will start drying up and drying up pretty quickly. Sure a DLC is coming out which buys a portion of time. But it's a very short-term plan.

Well good morning, A monthly wipe would actually fix the issues at hand and would ignore the fact the game could ever reach such a issue such as server caps, that being said there used to be a game mode called extinction just like this. You also forget merchandise, sponsors, promotions and a whole slew of other things at play here. That being said the current and only option is to wait it out aberration is currently at the top of the list due to a delay.  At the moment you can see we are embarking on a possibility of 8x. As for cash the game thrives on marketing promotions and more. Wildcard is doing just fine look at how much they make each quarter and have been making. It is after all one of the top leading sales games on steam, and will continue to be one of the top leading sales for a very long time. The team obviously knows server caps are a issue and i think it would be wise to just give them time because the issue cannot be ignored forever. You also have to think of the pr outlash due to a subscription model just being dropped out in the open out of no where when the game is not up to par with being made into a subscription type based game. Also if this was going to be a thing it would have been talked about with the community if subs could become a thing with the game being fully released. Just 2 days ago there was a survey conducted on Reddit that was to show where most of the player base resides most of the player base seems to play unofficial leading the answer to be simple, if you are unhappy for the time being find a different server. Theres a multitude of servers currently to play on. If theres a server at cap try and resolve it the old fashion way, moving to a new server or killing off unused dinosaurs not everyone needs that yellow mutated dodo, or the pink sheep or lower statd animals. Try and work with the community in the mean time while waiting for a answer because i assure you tell they are ready to publicly address the situation we are just wasting our time haha.

On 10/24/2017 at 9:44 AM, Genestarwind said:

I have a good bit of hours in game, but no where near some of the 3k-5k hours I've seen some vets claim. However here is my take on all this. My current server NA-PVE-Official-TheIsland 80 is not at cap as far as I know, but we are crowded. Since we're a PVE server we have the pillars everywhere issue. Now I can say I did this myself when building cause I had been on other servers where I was starting to build and someone surrounded me with pillars so I couldn't even continue building up from the foundations I had already. I also have a personal issue with the server crazy person who lives next to me, who constantly tried to pull Alphas to me cause I was building there, and building first mind you, and he wanted to expand but couldn't cause I was there. Now I'm kinda glad that you can't pick up wild dinos in that instance but at the same time it would make it a bit easier in taming if you could do that like you can on PVP servers. 

Fixing server stability is a big issue I think needs to be addressed first and foremost. I realize that the server and tribe dino cap is something you came up with to try and place that but I think what should have been done in that programming was that as more dinos are tamed, then less wild ones are spawned, this would give you a total numerical equation to keep the total population at a set limit without really limiting how many dinos people can tame in. Just when they start noticing wild dinos being scarce then they'll see the issue. Also the biggest issue is of course the large egg farms. I think it would be better if you changed the amount of eggs dropped by dinos up, as well as increase the amount of time they exist when set on the ground. Currently I think it is about 1-2 minutes? Try making it where they drop an egg every 7 minutes when someone is online, and it lasts for 8 minutes on the ground, this would be increased to laying an egg every 5 minutes with mated, and every 3 minutes with mated and oviraptor buff. This would solve the issue of egg farms as well as keep it where it's not going to be too crowded with eggs. Of course make the eggs not lay when no one in tribe is online. Also another thing to put in would be some form of egg collector, say a metal based item put in around the 50-80 mark to be built to collect eggs within a set radius. have it set with a 100 space inventory and go with it as a normal storage unit, this way people still need to take their eggs and put them into the fridge to make them last the longest. 

As those would help lesson the need for egg farms and large numbers of dinos for them it only solves 1 side of the issue. Server stability also needs to come in the form of an improvement to your Official Servers as well. I get a good bit of rubber banding lag on my server, NA PVE Official TheIsland 80, and we all get annoyed with it. People will end up quitting a game over an issue like this. If the only way to play without massive lag is to have it unofficial where whoever owns the server cheats like hell, or to play single player and not have a tribe to help out with things then you've really limited the ability to enjoy the game. Especially with the fact that on an Official server you don't get enough Engram points for everything so you are reliant on a tribe system to have everything you need, or use a ton of Mind Wipe elixirs to keep respeccing yourself so you can get something you need crafted. 

I will personally probably quit if you go the paid sub route, but that's cause I have a tight budget and can't afford it right now. However yes I do see the merits in that system as well. Having an ingame item store wouldn't be a bad idea either. Make items like costumes and cosmetics be things you can purchase for like 1-2 dollars a pop, or add in Kibble you can buy. My gaming community did this with our server for a while to fund the monthly bill for it, Dye packs, Kibble packs, and even starting structure packs. Since we also ran the Annunaki Genesis mod we had the EXP potions that were in the game that we could sell for a set price. Sure things could get massively off balance if people spent a bunch of money leveling up fast, getting kibble tames for next to no effort, and having things to start out from. However we saw it as a way to pay for our server as well as keep things moving quickly without feeling the need to cheat the game by just spawning in dinos we wanted, or using admin codes for everything. Maybe that type of item system would help out, you could even have an in game currency setup that could be farmed out to build up slowly to those items as well. Similar to what Riot Games did with their Store section, pay real money for about 500 RP points for a new champion, or farm out the IP needed for the champ by playing the game.

The problem is that ARK IS a paid game. You get satisfaction out of taming a 150 giga, not buying one, you get satisfaction out of melting down titans with your hard earned Wyrven, not the one you paid someone 10k ingots to raise. My point is that you have to put in effort to get good and a noob with thousands of dollars could easily overthrow an alpha.

On 11/2/2017 at 11:28 AM, Baker said:

PVP does not have this issue because smaller tribes are killed almost on a daily basis, imo to fix pve would probably be a monthly wipe.

Sometimes I do believe PVP people play an entirely different game (or don't play much Ark at all... Rust also is a completely different concept). Many play PVE to breed and go for stats, better and better ones, which is NOT a days, or a weeks, but months long project, generation after generation, going for mutations and what all. That is the whole point and a "community kibble farm" omg you must have never bred if you think that would work. There's barely enough eggs to get rare tames, even if you collect daily with several people, did you ever look at the rates of Dimetrodons or Microraptor and even 10 vultures barely drop any eggs even if constantly rendered. All these suggestions require different drop rates, as it is, you better lock your tames in and check back every hour, so you get eggs already.

And well, a wipe would make the game obsolete for me, and many others, if Ark isn't your job a month is ridiculous not even enough time to get a kibble farm goin or any base worth talkin off, also forget boss fights and endgame content of course, all of this would be pointless considered wipes, even if that happens once every 6months I would not touch the game anymore.

Edited by ArkIfItOnlyWouldWork

4 hours ago, ArkIfItOnlyWouldWork said:

Sometimes I do believe PVP people play an entirely different game (or don't play much Ark at all... Rust also is a completely different concept). Many play PVE to breed and go for stats, better and better ones, which is NOT a days, or a weeks, but months long project, generation after generation, going for mutations and what all. That is the whole point and a "community kibble farm" omg you must have never bred if you think that would work. There's barely enough eggs to get rare tames, even if you collect daily with several people, did you ever look at the rates of Dimetrodons or Microraptor and even 10 vultures barely drop any eggs even if constantly rendered. All these suggestions require different drop rates, as it is, you better lock your tames in and check back every hour, so you get eggs already.

And well, a wipe would make the game obsolete for me, and many others, if Ark isn't your job a month is ridiculous not even enough time to get a kibble farm goin or any base worth talkin off, also forget boss fights and endgame content of course, all of this would be pointless considered wipes, even if that happens once every 6months I would not touch the game anymore.

Actually i have bred and i do play on both PvP and PvE i have had every single color of giga on both legacy and starting to get there on non legacy as well as i have bred boss rexs and more on both I actually love breeding but i realize there are some dinosaurs that you do not need and therefore i trade for what i need and only breed specific dinosaurs after a point i dont need like 300 dilos or 100 sheep, i have also accumulated almost 11k+ hrs into this game with that being said a quick profile view on me would show i used to breed them on a daily basis. That being said i am looking at a long term fix to a detrimental problem that cannot be fixed without undoing the cause which is based on server performance, and due to the way the game is hard coded. As for boss fights people were allredy killing broodmother after the first month the game came out on full release, as for mega? He can be solod hes just as if not easier then alpha brood. The only one that requires a decent time sync on the normal island would be dragon and some consistent teamwork. The kibble idea was just a community idea, but also if you had been playing this game as long as i have, you would know rendering is what causes egg drops as well as where the egg farm is placed, more eggs drop on stone locations then they do on bare ground on legacy we had a egg farm on herb island and there would be dozens of eggs mantis included there on a daily basis. Some PvE servers on official do have community farms and they are not at cap yet as a result. A wipe was only a considered option for a long term issue it was more of a theoretical setting. The truth is if you have ran a private server, most servers cant handle X amount of dinosaurs which is why a cap was introduced, back in the day there used to be a building cap when the game first launched as well i know because my tribe reached it and crashed a server when breaking down one of our structures to make way for a public raceway. Oh and dimetrodons like swamp water, microraptor i would put on stone with the vultures. There are key locations that can drop more eggs then others, i know a tribe that used to put mantis on black beach to get there eggs due to all the people running back and forth with high traffic they were guaranteed egg drops every time they went there. Its PvE work with other tribes and you can reduce the cap for the mean time with alliances and other means tell the said issue is fixed. As for stat breedings you dont need old dinosaurs recycle and remove the older generations either with boss fights or just give them to starter people.