Crafting Skill Effects On Crafting

Shave

A few days ago I re-specced, levelled up Crafting Skill to the max and built a Rex Saddle from a BP. The BP says 74.6 Armor, and the saddle came out at 92.3 Armour, a decent improvement. I'm level 100 and put every point onto Crafting Skill(I'm on SP so I have unlimited re-specs). 

Today I gathered the materials to build 10 more saddles and again I re-specced to build them on my Tek Replicator, and I set 10 away to build all at once. I scrolled up and it's built them but they've all got different rating barring 2. The rating are as follows:

I don't understand why they've all come out at different stats. Anyone have a clue? Is it Random what they can come out at?

6 hours ago, Shave said:

I don't understand why they've all come out at different stats. Anyone have a clue? Is it Random what they can come out at?

Yes,

The crafting skill just increases your odds of crafting a higher statted item but RNG still plays the biggest factor.

I've used a 1000% crafting character to craft 117% armor saddle from a 86% armor saddle BP, I've also used it to craft a 87.3% armor saddle from the same blueprint. Lol. 

Crafting skill is best used when a bunch of materials are hoarded and you are just about to level. Mindwipe, throw most of your points in crafting skill, rest in weight. Then go on a crafting mission. The crafting of high quality items will be enough to get you your next level. When done the crafting level up, then mindwipe and restat to a functional character. Using this method you can do a crafting character every two levels until you reach 100 (on officials) and before you complete ascension (where you gain additional levels). 

• 9 months later...
Guest DJRone89
31 minutes ago, Frosty141 said:

Using Focal Chili is supposed to help some as well

That was the case back when crafting skill was called crafting speed, and crafts weren’t random.

Now it may only affect custom recipes, but I haven’t crafted a new one for such a long time, I’m not even sure if it affects that too.

Archived