ARK: COLLECTORS EDITION (without game) AVAILABLE NOW!

Chris

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, thefusense said:

so people in europe are not able to buy this because youc an only choose the states as shipping adress? you guys know that a huge part of this community is european right

"huge"

Large yes, I wouldn't claim huge. Also, outside the US, shipping variations are convoluted and cost a lot more money via logistics. Part of why my company hates dealing with trade evaluations and shipping coordination with Europe. China has the same issue which is why they have to set up third party evaluators.

Paradoxically, when the UK breaks from the EU, chap 16 parallels are dropped which will allow the us to go through regs and set up a direct to point logistical shipping and trade EVs. So I guess, this issue won't be such an issue down the line.

Logistics are huge.

9 minutes ago, Darkintellect said:

"huge"

Large yes, I wouldn't claim huge. Also, outside the US, shipping variations are convoluted and cost a lot more money via logistics. Part of why my company hates dealing with trade evaluations and shipping coordination with Europe. China has the same issue which is why they have to set up third party evaluators.

though everytime I order from asia I only have to pay like 10 bucks shipping..same item from the us is 40 bucks :D

4 hours ago, Graybeard said:

Don't be sad spend your money on something else. The book is pleather glued to a plastic book. The box is just a printed cardboard box and the medallion is cheap plastic toy like something you find in mc McDonalds happy meal. The best thing is the cloth map and it's just silkscreen on cloth and already starting to peel off from the houston humidity. I bought best buy collectors edition for the release and pissed I spent $149 for this something with less than $10 american.

Thanks for the heads-up! 

I was "on the fence" weather or not to get it... I'll keep my money.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Graybeard said:

It's not the book is cheaply made and the loot box is just a cardboard box I got the full collectors edition and paid full retail price from game stop. As soon as I got it i was pissed it cost them less than $5 American to make everything in the box. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

That's a very bloated sense of value for the american dollar. I mean, I don't see how it would only be worth $5.00 when the kinko's price of the material alone (204 entries to copy on colored paper since it's not on standard paper) is $9.00 Never mind the labor costs for the artist that did those entries, cost of the game, soundtrack, and the materials as a whole.

1 hour ago, ONEadmin said:

Ok, so when do I start to scream about not getting my refund yet?  I got the email soon after the announcement, but still no sign of my money back?

Same thing here. I will be giving Visa a call tomorrow and they can deal with it. (minus the email, I still haven't received an actual message that my order was cancelled, but when I did click the link to my order it shows as cancelled)

23 minutes ago, GhostlyCrowd said:

So why is my refund from you guys about $7 dollars less then what i pad? 

That would be due to a different exchange rate when you ordered, compared to when they gave the refund. If you contact your credit card company, they will fix it for you. I did that, and they credited me the difference. Still sucks that I had to contact my bank to fix an error that WildCard made.

1 hour ago, Casanova said:

Just a heads up, we sent out all US orders today (cut off point yesterday) and tonight you'll be getting an email with tracking information. 

I know you guys are working on international shipping options, are you guys looking at any potential to ship to overseas military? Just curious if I should be on the lookout in the future.

On 10/25/2017 at 6:59 PM, ONEadmin said:

Yea, because there is no way ARK could be "huge" outside the USA right?   You know, where 95% of the people in the world actually live

How many of those people have the required wealth, equipment and infrastructure?

You're doing a gross comparison when a more specific one is needed. When 5% makes up 56% (as of last quarter releases) of players, it means a much easier targeted demographic for a developer, especially of that developer is from within that same country.

19 hours ago, Casanova said:

Just a heads up, we sent out all US orders today (cut off point yesterday) and tonight you'll be getting an email with tracking information. 

I ordered mine monday, In Illinois, and never recieved my Order Update..just my confirmation. Could the emails/text alerts come in later this weekend, or not?

• Administrator
3 hours ago, PlatypusEpidemic said:

I ordered mine monday, In Illinois, and never recieved my Order Update..just my confirmation. Could the emails/text alerts come in later this weekend, or not?

The order list is being updated as I type this. So those that were sent out yesterday will be getting an update with tracking very soon.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived