New to Air to Air combat. I don't see how a griffin is better than a wyvern

johnm81

I highly recommend you take a look at a program called Ark Smart Breeding.  https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor    Stats don't work like you think they do and it's probably easier if you download it and take a look, it's also pretty much essential for any serious breeding.

I have no idea about the settings on your server but this is how it would be on official, which should give you an indicator as to how far from official your server is.

270% post tame would be 36 points in melee%  (@99.3% TE 270.2%)

41 additional levels in melee would bring that TOTAL to 458.5%  (375 * 4.585 = 1719)

In the post above you are claiming 3088.1 damage vs 1719 which is what it would be on official.  Again, your server is completely unrepresentative of official.

The only reason I'm calling this out is I'm trying to stop misinformation (I'll assume you don't want to spread false information).  I can see by your post that you are trying to accurate and helpful which is awesome, but there appears to be settings on your server that skew dino stats to a level that whatever you see/experience, has little to no bearing on what everyone else on official sees.

Also, stats from unofficial aren't helpful to others on unofficial without knowing the precise server settings, as someone elses server may vary as much to yours, as yours does to official.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Griffins are OP but they are not godly as most would think. I personally would take a poison wyv over a griffin any day. Battles are not won in 1v1 fights they are tribe wins.

My go to for killing griffin riders during large scale war is flying to barrier and coming down on them. 90 percent of the time they are flying backwards trying to gain altitude. COme from above and gas them off.

The second thing we do as a tribe is use an ice wyv to slow them and gas them off. This is the new meta >Ice  wyv> poison> fire

im in a huge tribe though and rarely get caught in 1v1 fights.

Archived