Structures +

AngrySaltire

47 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I think this is a good move for the game, I just hope they implement it well. Some things in S+ are kind of game breaking and do not suit the vanilla game. But if they just take the helpful building elements and things that look tidy then i'm all for it. Lot of good things coming for Ark, exciting times indeed. 

Yeah I hope so too. Doubt will see things such as the pull system or automated stuff ( only know of S+ i see on youtube as I am on console so my s+ knowledge is limted) but just the building elements would be great. As someone with the building expertese of a goldfish I look forward to trying to build more exciting  builds as 'Hey look I built a box' 'Hey look I built a bigger box !' gets a bit repitive and not the most attractive looking :D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I'm also interested to know what will happen to the conversion from Mod to official game. If they are only taking on certain features of the mod an adding it to the vanilla game then will people need to remove S+ and build with the "new" official S+ stuff. And will S+ continue as a standalone mod after with the features that they decide not to bring to vanilla game. I guess time will tell.

I think that after "integration" all features that didnt make it into official will be offered with much smaller "S+" mod (there is no reason to duplicate things that are already implemented) or a series of even smaller mods (one per feature).

10 hours ago, Goaty said:

It's way too op and pretty much just ignores the weight system. Devs might as well give infinite weight stat.

Hardly.

The pull system has a limited range.  The developers could easily tweak the range on the pull system to their liking.  S+ doesn't stop you from needing to go into the forest with a dino to harvest lots of wood, go up the mountain for metal, or down the way for stone, or to use dinos to carry resources back to your base.  S+ doesn't stop you from needing to do that.

What it does help with is the tedium that is running back and forth to the dino that is parked outside the front door.  That is NOT fun.  The pull system helps with trying to perfectly select every little item to craft something.  If I've taken all the effort of going over to the resource locations with my dinos, harvested everything, and then brought it back to the front of my crafting center, why not be able to pull stuff to my forge or my smithy?  

If anything, the way that jerboas and the like halve the weight they're carrying is more broken.  You could carry double your stated weight capacity just by carrying it on a cute shoulder dino.  THAT is far more broken because it doesn't have a range.

This is my guess of what will be added:

What I think is a sure thing:
All aesthetic structures, and building related things such as snap points. But probibly not the tek stuff.
-
Questionable things that "might not" be added:
Anything that offers automation features:
Nanny, gardener, herder, tender

Things that are automated that might be added:
Hatchery and item collector, I put item collector here in this category because its a method to collect eggs easier, thus reducing the amount of tames you need, which wc really needs and then hatchery because it doesn't really do much except reduce risk of stolen eggs or player mistakes...
-
Things that probably wont be added:
The Automated tranq turret and the other turrets... cause that sounds op as hell to me adding in more powerful turrets. Pvp is already a turret fest.
Building height limit this mod removes, I highly doubt they would keep this from the mod...
Mutator: This might wreck the existing economy of ark... Even with its element cost.
Africanized Bee hives water feature, troll hives are nice, but ark usually stays away from automation
Euthanasia gun: Imagine a griefer gaining access to a tribe... In less then a few min everything will be dead if they find this.
Remote repairer

Not going to bother listing the rest as its more quality of life stuff, but this is what I think after diagnosing the mod or at least my best guess.

I think at the minimum, structures and associated fixes (easier snaps, arrows indicating direction), and the like will be added.  I suspect that the pull system might be added because it really adds some nice quality of life without taking away relevant gameplay.  The Nanny, gardner, herder, tender, or hatchery will not be added, is my best guess.  Hatchery eliminates the need for air conditioner units.

Demo gun and repair gun might be added as tech tier items.  Same as the gun that copies settings.

Can't comment on a few of the other features because I haven't played with them.

5 hours ago, Oldskool said:

I'm also interested to know what will happen to the conversion from Mod to official game. If they are only taking on certain features of the mod an adding it to the vanilla game then will people need to remove S+ and build with the "new" official S+ stuff. And will S+ continue as a standalone mod after with the features that they decide not to bring to vanilla game. I guess time will tell.

They better not force us to rebuild every structure we've made with S+... I'm sure that would destroy countless servers and likely enrage a far larger audience then the server wipe ever did.

4 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

I think that after "integration" all features that didnt make it into official will be offered with much smaller "S+" mod (there is no reason to duplicate things that are already implemented) or a series of even smaller mods (one per feature).

The techniques and improvements they want to integrate they should take. However the S+ mod itself should be left alone and intact for the very large number of us that have invested 100's or 1000's of hours using it on our ARKs.

The introduction of structures plus is something that i find really cool hopefully if they implement it right people will be able to build bases/structures that actually resemble the picture they have in their mind before beginning the build rather than getting 80% through it and realizing something doesnt work as you expected haha

S+ will be a nice addition, the building system needed some love and a few of the core features will give it a great boost.

I know the resource pull system/item collector stuff is really useful, but honestly it breaks the immersion of having storage rooms, organizing items, and doing your own handywork. 

I highly doubt the storage capacities will be increased to match S+ values. I always felt that 300 slots for the S+ crafting tables was an awful lot considering their size (not that 75 makes much sense either lol).

I do hope that most structures can be picked up, especially refrigerators. IRL, don't have to destroy my refrigerator when I want to move it....

21 hours ago, ShadowAngel said:

Go make your own bicycle! Ow...you need to go through all the R&D stages and you need to go to work in the morning? Ow...too bad! Your just  lazy to fix your own bicycle!

Point is, why take dev time that can be used for improving other aspects of the game and spend it on something someone else done already and it works? It's easier to buy it.

Based of what you're saying is they are not capable of fixing their game so need the help from 3rd party's, ie modders who know what they are doing......lol

3 hours ago, 1david25 said:

It is something to be hyped about for sure. It will finally give us some needed quality of life.

I'm getting pretty hyped about it as the base renovations aren't going so well. Although I don't know if I should hold off on them or not. Looked back through the thread and didn't see any mention of an ETA or actual release date. Anyone know if there was one in the video, tweet, post, or whatever?

12 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

They better not force us to rebuild every structure we've made with S+... I'm sure that would destroy countless servers and likely enrage a far larger audience then the server wipe ever did.

The techniques and improvements they want to integrate they should take. However the S+ mod itself should be left alone and intact for the very large number of us that have invested 100's or 1000's of hours using it on our ARKs.

Converting S+ structure into "official" S+ structure shouldn't be a problem, at all.

I can see a metric TON of issues converting non-s+ structures to s+ without breaking something on official servers.

4 hours ago, Vrallox said:

I'm getting pretty hyped about it as the base renovations aren't going so well. Although I don't know if I should hold off on them or not. Looked back through the thread and didn't see any mention of an ETA or actual release date. Anyone know if there was one in the video, tweet, post, or whatever?

Unfortunately not heard of a date. Dont think they gave one on the abberation stream. Think they said they still have to sort things out with the modder and sort out the implementation so probably not soon. Would have to watch the stream again :(

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/183724747?desktop-redirect=true

Think thats the link for the video.

8 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Converting S+ structure into "official" S+ structure shouldn't be a problem, at all.

I can see a metric TON of issues converting non-s+ structures to s+ without breaking something on official servers.

Actually, Orionsun already stated he might not be able to code it so existing structures from S+ will convert. That's why they should leave the mod on the workshop as is.

They can't just convert one structure to the other without some builds disappearing. Which is why they should convert vanilla but leave the mod itself intact. Yes it means the mod becomes unnecessarily bulky, but it also means over 1,000,000 users don't lose their builds.

11 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

Based of what you're saying is they are not capable of fixing their game so need the help from 3rd party's, ie modders who know what they are doing......lol

I think you missed the point.  In development, TIME is a resource, just like people and money.  Right now, they have a mod team that decided to overhaul the building system while the main wildcard team was busy handling things like bugs and optimizations (remember, lots of people are still asking for more of those).  LOTS of players are using S+, which means that the S+ team has gotten and worked with feedback from players.  Having to get that from scratch would require yet more time.  And then there's the simple fact that players have gotten used to S+.  They could build a wonderful new build system that works flawlessly, and the players STILL might not use it because they want to keep the bases they already have that are made out of S+.

Capability or the ability to overhaul the building system isn't even in question here; adoption of the mod is very simply the smarter choice.  The mod community gets support, Wildcard doesn't have to spend all the time and money doing what someone has already done, the modder gets money, and the greater community gets official adoption and support for something they already love.

Wildcard, if you're reading this, please KEEP THE S+ STONE MODELS.  I absolutely detest looking at the wooden boards on the backside of the stone set. . . . that's not what  I've seen pictures of stone walls look like.

22 hours ago, Cataclisto said:

This is my guess of what will be added:

What I think is a sure thing:
All aesthetic structures, and building related things such as snap points. But probibly not the tek stuff.
-
Questionable things that "might not" be added:
Anything that offers automation features:
Nanny, gardener, herder, tender

Things that are automated that might be added:
Hatchery and item collector, I put item collector here in this category because its a method to collect eggs easier, thus reducing the amount of tames you need, which wc really needs and then hatchery because it doesn't really do much except reduce risk of stolen eggs or player mistakes...
-
Things that probably wont be added:
The Automated tranq turret and the other turrets... cause that sounds op as hell to me adding in more powerful turrets. Pvp is already a turret fest.
Building height limit this mod removes, I highly doubt they would keep this from the mod...
Mutator: This might wreck the existing economy of ark... Even with its element cost.
Africanized Bee hives water feature, troll hives are nice, but ark usually stays away from automation
Euthanasia gun: Imagine a griefer gaining access to a tribe... In less then a few min everything will be dead if they find this.
Remote repairer

Not going to bother listing the rest as its more quality of life stuff, but this is what I think after diagnosing the mod or at least my best guess.

It would be nice if rather than us having to speculate about what will or won't be in S+, if Wild Card could actually make a post on this topic themselves. However, communication is definitely not their forte!

Archived